Melbourne Monster Mill Mm-2 Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might as well give on update.

UPDATE: Still to hear back from Fred RE: Paypal invoice. If no update by COB today, i'll fire him off another e-mail correspondance tonight when i get home. Don't dispair, I'm eager to give him the cash. ;)

So guys - when we bulk buying pulleys and motors :p

1425 RPM 1/2HP - 1HP 240V motors are all over fleebay
all we need is a 7:1 pulley ratio to sit at about 200 RPM (that is if my understanding of power transmission is right)

UPDATE!

Ok, so ive paid the total to fred today. From my guesstimate of how much interest im going to get charged in the CC we are looking at $132 each. (unless ive made some fatal error).

Total in USD was $920.80 and exchange was like 90 cents. Just so you know im not ripping anyone.

I'll forward bank details as soon as i get the concrete figure. Im giving this update as a heads up.

Cheers! :icon_cheers:

UPDATE!

The mills are on the their way! (Moving faster than it can be processed onto my credit card! WTF ANZ!) Anyway, a tracking URL was given to me for the 4 USPS parcels yesterday that where set to sail today in the US of A. All things going smoothly (probably being overly optomistic) we may see them late next week or in the last week of November

Speaking of the the CC, the grand total hit my account this morning!

A PM will hit your inbox shortly, you will have 72 hours to reply to the PM confirming you have completed the payment transfer as required. if you do not reply within 72 hours it will goto the reservists.

RESERVISTS! Be ready! Be very ready!

Great news Fourstar!

Cheers SJ

Thanks for your PM, due to the restriction of replies via PM i'll reply here.

You are a confirmed buyer! I know i'm a BB nazi, but i wont cut your feet over a reference. the reference is just to be used for my ease of identifying the buyers. As long as it has your name thats good enough. ;)

Now start designing a hopper :p

Cheers! :icon_cheers:

I ordered mine the day this thread started and it has just arrived at my post office - I'd expect you'll probably see them the monday or tuesday after next.

I ordered mine the day this thread started and it has just arrived at my post office - I'd expect you'll probably see them the monday or tuesday after next.

Cool!

Looks like we have a quick turnaround! :icon_cheers:

If the turn around is this fast, what do you think the chances of picking up my case from the Xmas Swap and the mill at the same time are? Feasible yes/no? (Maple is very generously transporting my efforts to the swap).

Cheers SJ

If the turn around is this fast, what do you think the chances of picking up my case from the Xmas Swap and the mill at the same time are? Feasible yes/no? (Maple is very generously transporting my efforts to the swap).

Cheers SJ

Its possible, if maple is taking your swaps home with him, i can give him the mill on the following tuesday (if its recieved by then) at the BJCP course. Otherwise you can pickup both from me as i have my folks 4WD that weekend and probabaly have enpough space to stash everyones swaps :)

I'll chat with Maple when i drop them off this weekend and let you know. Thanks!

Cheers SJ

Ok, all PMs have been sent off. I'll be generous and give until 1400hrs/2PM Monday 16th Nov EDST to get everyones PM replies. :p

It's simple. No reply, No Payment, No Mill. :(

Cheers guys!

Is there a glitch in the matrix? Sounds like de-ja-vu Dingo! :p

Haha, just thought it was funny how he was advertising that they like a few days notice, and he was implying that that was a good thing?

Ok, so we have a bailer!

1. Fourstar - Confirmed
2. Supra-Jim - Confirmed
3. Darkman - Confirmed
4. christmasbender - Confirmed out!
5. GumbyOne - Confirmed
6. Leigh - Confirmed
7. LRB - Confirmed
8. marksfish - Confirmed

Reserve List
1.Wakkatoo - confirmed if we have a bailer ;)
2.Archie82
3.Shimple

Wakkatoo ive just sent you a PM, you know the process. Looks like the final mill is yours if you are still interested.

Cheers! :beerbang:

Woo Hoo!!! :D

Money and PM just sent 4*!!

SWMBO can't work out why I'm suddenly so excited. <_<

Looking forward to another piece of kit being added to the brewery.

Now I'm off to draw up a hopper a mill bench. Bugger planning for work!

Cool, so we are all wrapped up then! Now all we need todo is await the mills. :icon_drool2:

Great work everyone. If all bulk buys where like this i'd probabaly do alot more of them!

I'll wait for the dosh to hit my account by wednesday. if nothing by then i'll get you to check for a reversal.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back