Melbourne Monster Mill Mm-2 Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fourstar

doG reeB
Reaction score
Just putting the feelers out.

Anyone in Melbourne interested in a bulk buy of these if i do the organising whilst the $AUD is still high? MonsterMill MM-2 only.

The stipulations to the buy will be as follows:

- Pickup only (i wont be schlepping around the state unless im in the area).
- Money direct depositied before handover of goods, i wont accept cash (i dont want to be in the bank on my lunchbreaks :p ).
- I can also meet in the CBD during weekdays for a handover.
- Purchase is for bog standard MM-2 mills only. If you want something else, start your own bulk buy. (This is for pure convenience of splitting the costs and not having to work out individual shipping costs, conversion rate, % of conversion costs etc.)
- Unfortunatly, no upgrades. Standard MM-2 only.
- There will be a limit of buyers up to $1000 AUD for import reasons. I will not get stuck covering import taxes and GST, sorry.

http://www.monsterbrewinghardware.com/mm-2.html

I'm awaiting a reply for the costs in USD (we may get a discount). I will give approximate AUD rates before the buy is made.

Due to the nature of the fluctuating market rates, actual cost may vary slightly on purchase date. Remember, banks ususally offer a rate slightly worse than the live market rate so account for this in your budget. You must also be aware purchases will incur a 3% currency excahnge cost as well (the standard credit card rate).

Im starting a list below. Unfortunatly the list will be culled when it reaches its upper cost limit and will be placed on a reserve. Again... sorry.

Those who are on the final list will be notified with bank details and announced as buyers on this thread. These buyers will have 3 days (not working) to reply via PM and transfer the money. ( i will allow time for the banks to do their thing).

Failure to comply with a PM response in the outlined 3 days will render your buy ineligibe and will goto the next buyer on the reserve. I want to make this as fair as possible for everyone to get a mill and dont want to be arsed around. I know i will find a buyer if you decide to bail.

Let the buying begin! :icon_chickcheers:

So far the list is as follows, add your name to the end in your replies.

Fourstar
Supra-Jim
Darkman

Good on ya 4star!!

Get in there guys, you wont regret it!! These mills are awesome IMO, and even if the dollar gets dented a little youll still get a wicked deal! Look at those big 2" rollers B)

Good on ya 4star!!

Get in there guys, you wont regret it!! These mills are awesome IMO, and even if the dollar gets dented a little youll still get a wicked deal! Look at those big 2" rollers B)

Ha! Im only really motivated to get one so i can crack my own rye and raw wheat! :p Also the fact im soon to have a dedicated brewing shed (tiny but enough to store all my junk.)

Ok, back on topic. Start adding your name to the LIST!

Ha! Im only really motivated to get one so i can crack my own rye and raw wheat! :p

You say that now mate, but oh how that will change when youre holding that puppy in your hands ;)

You say that now mate, but oh how that will change when youre holding that puppy in your hands ;)

Once i build a hopper and a base! Time to buy a jigsaw and a new drill + bits! :icon_cheers:

I have a jigsaw, and other misc. power tools (router for nice prof looking edges). Save your money and we can organise to build two hopper/bases.

Cheers SJ

I have a jigsaw, and other misc. power tools (router for nice prof looking edges). Save your money and we can organise to build two hopper/bases.

Cheers SJ

I like your thinking! ;) Bulk buy of plywood/MDF at bunnings anyone? Im thinking of a "over a mayo bucket hopper and base" that you can turn over into the bucket for storage.

pretty much what i had in mind. Simple, easy to make and works perfectly!

Cheers SJ

looks like you'll need to tool up to build that hopper. Your tin shed is already filling up.

My names already down for a mill. I think I'll base my hopper around the link you posted too

My names already down for a mill. I think I'll base my hopper around the link you posted too

:ph34r: Whoops!

Hmm, maybe my relcutancy to have other mills in the buy is making the order too pidgeon hole'd.. only time will tell.

If we get MM2 mills im looking at up to 8 in the order so far... (depending on currency exchange at the time.)

GET ORDERING! :p

Fourstar
Supra-Jim
Darkman
christmasbender - dependant on price & timing (might have a word in santa's ear)
GumbyOne - pending price

Hey fourstar,
How do they stand up against the millmasters?
(some problem with gear guard i hear)
Was looking at one of those, but can't make up my mind

jeddog

Hey fourstar,
How do they stand up against the millmasters?
(some problem with gear guard i hear)
Was looking at one of those, but can't make up my mind
jeddog

NFI, either way, will end up signifigantly cheaper than a millmaster and of equal quality.... regardless of what you buy you will have to make one i guess, or simply not feed your grain all the way to the gears to help avoid it! ;)

Ok guys,
So it looks like the price will be around $130 AUD per mill to my doorstep. :beer:
Prices breakdown as follows:

MM-2 Mill = $93.60USD (10% off RRP usually $104)
Shipping = $43/2mills = $21.50USD (two MM-2 mills can be shipped for $43 USD together so that cuts shipping in 1/2)

93.60+21.50 = $115.10 USD or $130~ AUD to our doorstep (remember to factor around 3% for credit card exchange) its less than 1/2 the price of a standard Millmaster. I think we are getting a killer deal here!

Lets try and get even numbers here as thats what i would prefer to order (so we get the cheapest postage possible) Lets shoot for 6 or 8 as the max.

Add your extra orders here now or pull out if its not in your budget. i dont want any issues post order. ;)

I'll let this go over the weekend and organise the buy mid nextweek (around wednesday). Once the order has been placed i will organise arrangements for money to be deposited into my account. Any questions, ask away.

Cheers! :icon_cheers:

Ok guys,
So it looks like the price will be around $130 AUD per mill to my doorstep. :beer:
Prices breakdown as follows:

MM-2 Mill = $93.60USD (10% off RRP usually $104)
Shipping = $43/2mills = $21.50USD (two MM-2 mills can be shipped for $43 USD together so that cuts shipping in 1/2)

93.60+21.50 = $115.10 USD or $130~ AUD to our doorstep (remember to factor around 3% for credit card exchange) its less than 1/2 the price of a standard Millmaster. I think we are getting a killer deal here!

Lets try and get even numbers here as thats what i would prefer to order (so we get the cheapest postage possible) Lets shoot for 6 or 8 as the max.

Add your extra orders here now or pull out if its not in your budget. i dont want any issues post order. ;)

I'll let this go over the weekend and organise the buy mid nextweek (around wednesday). Once the order has been placed i will organise arrangements for money to be deposited into my account. Any questions, ask away.

Cheers! :icon_cheers:

Awesome, i'm definently in at that price :icon_cheers:

Back