Melbourne Monster Mill Mm-2 Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmmm, tempting...any benefit in the third roller in the MM3?

I'll reserve myself a position until I can do some further research around 2 or 3 roller mills...

1. Fourstar
2. Supra-Jim
3. Darkman
4. christmasbender - dependant on price & timing (might have a word in santa's ear)
5. GumbyOne
6. Leigh - place holder

i am interested as well, should pay for its self with a couple of grain bulk-buys! :icon_cheers:

if reserving places for others is ok then........

1. Fourstar
2. Supra-Jim
3. Darkman
4. christmasbender - price is good, waiting to hear back from santa
5. GumbyOne
6. Leigh - place holder
7. LRB

i know he wants(needs) a mill. just not sure if now is the time but i'm confident he will go for this

have messaged him so he should confirm shortly

cheers

christmasbender

Good luck guys. I've just ordered a MM3-2.0 S/S I'll be awaiting an email to let me know theres a package at the post office for me in the next few weeks!
Cant wait!

Now all we need is a bulk buy on a pully set up for all these mills!

hmmmm, tempting...any benefit in the third roller in the MM3?
I'll reserve myself a position until I can do some further research around 2 or 3 roller mills...

AFAIK with a 3 roller mill the 1st two rollers tear the husk then the final one smahes the grain, increasing the solubility. IMO i dont think its really worth all of that effort to possibly gain a lsighty better efficiency which may actually be detrimental to your beer anyway (going from the value that higher efficiency wort has more of the undesirables from the grain than a low efficiency wort.)

Im currently hitting 75%~, i dont think i care for getting 80-85 personally.

i am in
good work fourstar.

adding you to the list the marksfish? give us a peep if you definitely are in! ;) (im assuming that waht you meant by your post?) and looks like we have 8. Add yourself to the reserve list if you are still interested but didnt make the 1st cut as somone usually always pulls out. :rolleyes: (i might be wrong about marksfish)

Who knows, if the reserve goes to another 8 again somone else might put their hand up to buy the next round! :icon_cheers:

To make sure everyone is happy with the expected/estimated price, reply again with "- confirmed" against your name. Once i have this done for the top 8. I can place the order even earlier! :beerbang:

1. Fourstar - Confirmed
2. Supra-Jim
3. Darkman
5. GumbyOne
6. Leigh - pending confirmation
7. LRB - pending confirmation
8. marksfish - pending confirmation

Reserve List

Aww man, serves me right for doing bloody work on the 'puter and not watching AHB
Anyhoo, I shall be 1st reserve!

1. Fourstar - Confirmed
2. Supra-Jim
3. Darkman
5. GumbyOne
8. marksfish - pending confirmation

Reserve List
1.Wakkatoo

i am in for sure, to good to refuse at the price after 10 minutes of thinking and drinking :icon_chickcheers:

$130 is a great price

I already have one of these mills and i think it was around the $160 to my door when i bought it

Its a great mill and would recommend it to anyone.

Good work Four*

NFI, either way, will end up signifigantly cheaper than a millmaster and of equal quality....

The monster mill is a good value mill by most accounts, but what do you mean by it's of "equal quality" to the millmaster?

The 2 mills are chalk & cheese. It's like comparing the build of a Hyundai to a BMW. Both will get you from A to B though B)

Cheers Ross

Ross I'm not going to get into the debate about quality of the MillMaster Vs Monster mill but I would suggest that you add "millmaster" to your search engine words as I hadn't realised you stocked them untill about a week ago when I happened across them on your site and the mashmaster site doesnt have them listed. I had been googling to see who stocked them (and to find out more information on them) too before I decided that the Monster Mill MM3 was for me (horses for courses as they say).

The monster mill is a good value mill by most accounts, but what do you mean by it's of "equal quality" to the millmaster?
The 2 mills are chalk & cheese. It's like comparing the build of a Hyundai to a BMW. Both will get you from A to B though B)
Cheers Ross

Hey ross, by equal quality i meant they will do exactly the same job and last for just as long as each other. The major difference is the bigger rollers on the millmaster and them being stainless. Duco Vs Pearlescent really. One has bling factor and may also have the ability to avoid rust if it gets wet (i dont plan on leaving mine out in the rain.) Oh and the tearing on the husk may be slighly better by having bigger rollers!

At the end of the day (as you noted), they both get you from A to B and you end up with exactly the same result, milled grain. If one where to give you better beer I'd happily cough up for that one. Fortuantly that is not the case, so im taking the one that costs me 1/2 as much to my door. I could really take two of them for a lower cost before the millmaster even gets touched by australia post.

Im not discounting the millmaster, (heck i was even going to buy one a while back) but i'll take the working mans mill before the white collar mill at this stage :icon_chickcheers:

Beers! :icon_cheers:

i am in for sure, to good to refuse at the price after 10 minutes of thinking and drinking

So i'll mark you as confirmed! ;) (you can do your own leg work you know!) :p

1. Fourstar - Confirmed
2. Supra-Jim - pending confirmation
3. Darkman - pending confirmation
5. GumbyOne - pending confirmation
8. marksfish - Confirmed

Reserve List
1.Wakkatoo

i dont know about legwork, but if i keep watching the cricket and drinking i will be legless

Why oh why do i have to work shift work! Wish i had a had a morning shift today or else i would have got in on this buy oh well ill jump on to the reserve list and hope for the best!

1. Fourstar - Confirmed
2. Supra-Jim - pending confirmation
3. Darkman - pending confirmation
5. GumbyOne - pending confirmation
8. marksfish - Confirmed

Reserve List
1.Wakkatoo
2.Archie82

Hey fourstar,
How do they stand up against the millmasters?
(some problem with gear guard i hear)
Was looking at one of those, but can't make up my mind

jeddog

I'm pretty sure they don't have the same problem, since the monster only has a single driven roller. That is, no gears to guard.

I'm pretty sure they don't have the same problem, since the monster only has a single driven roller. That is, no gears to guard.

So there you have it!

No Gears to deal with!

Fourstar, at that price, colour me confirmed!

Cheers SJ

(And when do we start the MDF Board and mayo bucket bulk buy??)

Hey fourstar,
How do they stand up against the millmasters?
(some problem with gear guard i hear)
Was looking at one of those, but can't make up my mind

jeddog

Never used a millmaster which has the gears - but a monster mill isnt geared, so theres no problem with them jamming or anything like that?

Also - goddamn that is a good price!! Im jelous <_< lol

Latest posts

Back