Melbourne Monster Mill Mm-2 Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, just so you all have an idea of the status (starts bottom-up). ;)

Detailed Results:
spacer.gif
- International Dispatch, November 14, 2009, 9:10 pm, ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
- Arrival
- Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 11, 2009

Oh, just so you all have an idea of the status (starts bottom-up). ;)

What you do in your private life 4*... :ph34r:

Anyway, I hope you have them before the end of the week so you can bring them on Saturday!

What you do in your private life 4*... :ph34r:
Anyway, I hope you have them before the end of the week so you can bring them on Saturday!

Organise bulk buys? :lol: Ha, i just like to stay on top of these kinda things. If i let them get disorganised i get a little anal*.

* Wait.... Interperet that as you wish! :lol:

UPDATE:

All transactions have been recieved and no kneecaps need to be broken! Great work fellas! Now we await the Mills...

Lets all hope there are no Somali pirates in need of some grain mills :lol:

Guys these mills are awesome. Mine arrived friday. Addmittedly I went the MM3-2.0-SS but the thing is a monster. Bloke at the post office nearly gave himself a hernia picking it up! I'm sure you will all be very happy with your MM2's!

Taken it for a trial run yet? I hope a ozito 14.4v cordless drill will turn the sucker over! :ph34r:

Guys these mills are awesome. Mine arrived friday. Addmittedly I went the MM3-2.0-SS but the thing is a monster. Bloke at the post office nearly gave himself a hernia picking it up! I'm sure you will all be very happy with your MM2's!

Yep, now you know why I couldn't handle Mr Millmaster likening them to a Hyundai! They are a serious bit of machinery! :beerbang:

Not yet I'll give it a spin tonight - that said I've only got a hitachi 18V li-on drill so I dont know if my results will be comparative to how you'll go with an ozito 14.4V.
I think I'd actually preffer to use a 240V impact drill if I was going to power it with a drill. It spins fairly easy by hand with no load but I reacon when you put some grain between those rollers it'd take a bit of torque to get them moving.

I'm actually looking to build a stand & power mine with a 240V motor. I'm just struggling to get my head around pulleys at the moment. ie whats the difference between a 1A, 1B 2A & 2B? (looking at the blackwoods catalogue under power transmission).
240V motors of the 1hp / 0.75kw range are available for about $140 on fleebay

The A and B are for the width of the belt.
The 1 or 2 I would think is how many groves on the pulley.
An A size belt is big enough for a mill.
Did you order the mill with the 1/2 shaft? If not it might be a slight problem getting the right size pulley.
Others have had to order special made ones from a pulley supplier whom I don't remember.
I am sure someone will post it here for you.

Cheers,
Bud

Cheers Bud I thought it would be something simple like that I just couldnt find it clearly spelled out anywhere.

Yeah the MM2/3-2.0's come with 1/2" drive as standard. Its the standard MM2/3's that come with the 3/8" drive (which is what the guys participating in this bulk buy have purchased). I believe you can order pulleys that are "blanks" and you can get them machined to suit your input shaft too? I think thats what the people in the other thread ended up doing?

Most of the motors ive seen one ebay have a 3/4" drive though... grrr!
Pretty sure I have a spare 240V 1hp motor floating about at home with a 1/2" drive though - just to find it now!

I don't think you will have much trouble finding a pulley with a 3/4 bore either.
The trouble with getting a pulley "bored out" is that any machine shop will charge more than the pulley is worth to do the job. It may only take 15 minutes, but they can't be bothered to do a job for only 20 bucks or so.
Lots of places will have a minimum charge.
Unless you know them personally of course.

This is why my comment about the bulk buy going with the "stock standard" mill. They will now pay more to get a pulley to fit it.....very short sightedness.

Of course not everyone will want to put a motor on it. But my experience is that for a drill to work it has to run faster than what you really want, or you have to have a drill that is worth more than a motor...to each his own.

To me, anything without a motor is farckin' useless. It is why God gave us motors for Christ sake. :rolleyes:
If you want to turn a crank....move back to the cave, get a Ford model A...what ever :party:

Good luck,
Bud

Fourstar I reacon your drill might turn it - BUT I would suggest you will probably have to get the drill going first before adding grain (maybe some kind of trap door type arrangement on your hopper). My drill has a 2 speed gear box and on low it was able to start with a bit of grain in there - but it did work the drill. No pics sorry. Will get pics when I build the hopper this weekend hopefully.

PS its a menace - I could see injury resulting from this device (and im sure most mills - I've never owned a mill before). I'm going to be installing some stainless mesh in my hopper to stop hands getting in there and I'm looking to put some kind of safety switch on the hopper so the device cant start unless the hopper is in place properly!
I dont think I'd want a MillMaster mill after seeing this as I'd be petrified of the thing eatting someones hand with the gears to assist with pulling your hand into it!!

Edit: thanks for the tips Bud! appreciate it. PSI've been talking to my foreman about your O/H gantry system - one day...

Just to get you all moist in the loins!

Detailed Results:

- Out of Foreign Customs, November 18, 2009, 8:01 am, AUSTRALIA
- Into Foreign Customs, November 18, 2009, 7:24 am, AUSTRALIA
- Arrived Abroad, November 18, 2009, 7:24 am, AUSTRALIA
- International Dispatch, November 14, 2009, 9:10 pm, ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
- Arrival
- Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 11, 2009

hmmm, with your posts of late 4*, I'm not sure how to take that :ph34r:

Back