• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Melbourne grain bulk buy?

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Jordie_tackles

Reaction score
I am so in, just got charged18 bucks for 2.5 kilo of crushed pale malt today! That's 4 times the price quoted earlier this thread

thumbsucker

Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with Bintani for a BB or smaller quantities (single sacks of grain) before?
I have a friend who is a pro brewer, he gets me stuff from Bintani through his work. Bintani is very firm on not selling to homebrewers (too much work for no profit), Bintani prices vary between brands about $40 per 25kg of Bestmalz but Simpson is more costly and Joe White cheaper.

Once a year I purchase $280 worth of Bestmalz (7 bags worth of base malts two bags of Pilsner, a bag of Wheat, Vienna, Munich, Rauch & Red X) which takes care of almost all my brewing needs since I brew mostly German & Belgium beers.

I think that http://www.ellersliehop.com.au/malt.html prices are extremely good for homebrewers.

I hate buying malt retail, afterwards, I feel so used since I pay $1.6 a kg wholesale but well over $5.5 a kg retail, feel so dirty.

Last edited:

EastVicLad

Reaction score
Would be very interested i a few bags possibly 4-5 depends on whats available... hops and yeasts would be a bonus as well...

captain crumpet

Reaction score
Picked up sacks of castle malts from Ellersliehop, bloody great pricing, varied between $1.20-1.50 a kg. Have castle 6row pils on order for the bronzed brews. Plus they do aus cluster if you are chasing it.

Latest posts