Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neo__04 said:
I had the exact same problem, couldnt fix it, ended up changing the code to have the buzzer on a different pin, then wiring the buzzer direct to that pin.

That was the only way i could fix it
This is what I did I the end too, after checking that the arduino had enough current to drive the buzzer.

Couldn't see anything obviously wrong with djar007's soldering, so I routed around the problem :)

Next job, finish the plumbing.

1st ArdBir Contest !!

Post on our Facebook page your BIAB system ArdBir powered and WIN a assembled all in one board

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Open-Ardbir/606829852720387

Basic rules
  • write on the post “ArdBir contest”
  • describe briefly your set up (SW and HW version, litre, recirculation, heating, pump..)
  • insert one ore more picture showing ArdBir integration and any relevant technical details

The winner will be selected based on “like” on the post and ArdBir Team evaluation (criteria: most professional, innovative, original, well designed..)

Contest duration 2 weeks
people who has already posted their rig should resubmit !

Enjoy
Davide - ArdBir Team

ArdBir%2520Contest.jpg

Braking news !!

ArdBir software release 2.8.3 is ready for download !!

http://goo.gl/SXVZxn

It's the release candidate and we need your test and feedback

Please remember that after uploading the sketch you need to set all parameters!

Enjoy
Ardbir team

Hi there,

for some time I had been working do add some features to original Brauduino modded by Mike Wilson, since ArdBir has many features that I personally do not need, while lacks some important ones to me.

I have managed to control the brewing process using Arduino and a PC interface simultaneously, like in SCADA systems. Also, the system is able to generate graphs and store raw Arduino data (when pump was turned on or off, temperature reads, etc.) Currently I am testing database and code on the server side, which is running on ScadaBr system on Apache.

My modification is compatible with any ArdBir shield and requires an USB connection to a PC (I am thinking about using WiFi through ESP8266, though).

Below you can find a quick demo movie as proof-of-concept.

https://youtu.be/KE3j6BpJNNE

Also I am thinking about an application uploading BeerXML recipe data from BeerSmith directly to Brauduino (I already have a prototype app).

What do you guys think about this? :)

The latest release have PID diagram for setting. This feature derived from official PID front end and use an additional software (processing) and one library.
This solution is for test and work only in manual mode after disabled auto mode from sketch by #define.
Whit an Arduino Mega it's possible work with complete code after modify the sketch

Nice! Good to know, what to expect from ArdBir in the future.

My SCADA allows full modifications of all parameters "on the go" in all modes, since Arduino only updates registers later sent to the server.

The app I am doing to transfer BeerXML file is also capable of making graphs and also uses Processing (what a coincidence) as a main and only software.

Unfortunately, I cannot make SCADA parse an XML file, which would cut on software, since all I need is already there in case of controlling the whole process. My code is about 22 kB, since I started with "bare" Baruduino code, so I can implement some more things like SD card support (already bought a part for testing).

copytko said:

My SCADA allows full modifications of all parameters "on the go" in all modes, since Arduino only updates registers later sent to the server.

The app I am doing to transfer BeerXML file is also capable of making graphs and also uses Processing (what a coincidence) as a main and only software.

Unfortunately, I cannot make SCADA parse an XML file, which would cut on software, since all I need is already there in case of controlling the whole process. My code is about 22 kB, since I started with "bare" Baruduino code, so I can implement some more things like SD card support (already bought a part for testing).
hey, love your work, and continuing Dev on this. Is this written for Linux, and if so would it run under Raspbian?
Do you have a blog detailing your work?Either way keep the updates coming sounds very exciting.
MB

Hello MastersBrewery, thanks for your kind words!

SCADA is running on ScadaBr (a branch of Mango M2M - Apache Tomcat based system), which is a servlet, so is based on Java, what gives a theoretical possibility of installing it on any Linux, Windows or Mac OS supporting Java. Though, I have not looked for it now - mine runs on Windows 7, but connecting it with a remote Raspberry Pi is tempting. :)

Also, my BeerXML parser is written in Processing, which is Java-based, what gives me opportunity to compile it for Linux, Windows, Mac OS and even Android.

I do not have a blog, you are the first person to ask for that, but if there would be a greater number of audience I might think of something like that. :)

copytko said:
In The ArdBir future there are lots of features, enhancements, ideas... That is for sure !

We run also a feature candidate poll few times ago in order to prioritize the development according to customer needs

Here is the result page

https://infogr.am/ardbir_features_roadmap_poll_results

As you can see what you are requesting and implementing is in the top list so we are on the same line!

As Max already wrote we reached the limit of the arduino uno board and a part from experimental integration with pid front end libraries just for test and debugging (not officially released) it's quite difficult to evolve current platform

We are thinking medium term for a new ArdBir platform with more juice and capable to integrate all the feature request

Stay tuned and off course in the meanwhile we follow closely your development!

Davide
ArdBir team

G'day ArdBir team.

Just loaded the latest version 2.8.3RC onto my controller and noticed an issue with the 16 x 2 English display. There is a problem with the PidSet function in LCD16x2_ENG.h which can be fixed by replacing it with a copy of the PidSet function from LCD16x2_ITA.h

Cheers.

There is an rc3 they posted on 27 March on FB which may have fixed it. It's a long time since they released it though would be good to know when it's likely to be finalised.
I have run the rc3 without major issues but without a forum for logging bugs etc it's not clear how to draw issued to the developers attention. Great work though so not not a whinge just would be nice to help.

sorry but I have several connection problems and are often cut off from the computer world. We arrived at the RC6, as soon as I can this public version that is almost completely debugged.

That's great news. Thanks for your excellent work on this.
I've done a ghetto version of the controller on a proto shield which is running my Grainfather. Currently moving it to a nice waterproof box to keep the wet and electrical side suitably separated.
Cheers,
Bill

enoch said:
That's great news. Thanks for your excellent work on this.
I've done a ghetto version of the controller on a proto shield which is running my Grainfather. Currently moving it to a nice waterproof box to keep the wet and electrical side suitably separated.
Cheers,
Bill
You definitely need to move to all in one board...very compact, professionally engineered and easy to fit in a box

D.

arzaman said:
You definitely need to move to all in one board...very compact, professionally engineered and easy to fit in a box
D.
It's dead simple to do on a proto shield. You can use a mega and not need to worry about code size too!

Back