Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MaxN68 said:
With the display I use (RGB) I had the same problem.
I solved by excluding the resistance on the circuit with a direct bridge as the display board had resistance on board.
I do not know if your case is similar to mine, you should understand that the display you are using.
Thanks for your reply and work with the development too! As I uderstand the LCD backlight is controlled trough pins 15 and 16 on the LCD board, labelled A and K. With the original Bramuiser connection I can measure 2.2v between these points.

I don't know how to work around the problem, would not like to start desoldering the 16-pin connection of the LCD as that really is a pain to get off.

The problem in my case was this:
The display on board its resistance and therefore the resistance on the pcb is in fact the sum and lowers the voltage again.
I did not remove the resistance on the pcb, I just soldered a jumper wire to pass current directly

lehtinel said:
Although I got the LCD working and the controls seem okay, I think my backlight in off for the LCD. It is very hard to read. Anything I need to change in the code to enable it? I run ArdBir now.
HI lehtinel - when I was building one I got some resistors swapped and had a similar issue. I think I'd swapped R8 and R6 - they're stripes are fairly similar. Everything worked fine... but it was like the backlight was off.

MaxN68 said:
The problem in my case was this:
The display on board its resistance and therefore the resistance on the pcb is in fact the sum and lowers the voltage again.
I did not remove the resistance on the pcb, I just soldered a jumper wire to pass current directly
Okay, I understand. I could achieve a similar effect by lowering or jumpering the resistor on the PCB, right?

lael said:
HI lehtinel - when I was building one I got some resistors swapped and had a similar issue. I think I'd swapped R8 and R6 - they're stripes are fairly similar. Everything worked fine... but it was like the backlight was off.
Checked mine and they seem to be the right ones, Im pretty certain as I had to go out and buy them separately as I managed not to order them in my main part order.

Any guru opinions on jumpering or lowering R6?

Hi,
I had a problem with the LCD screen character "running" was used with 220V pump.
Solves this problem already. Was guilty of the pump control relay.
Instead mechanical relay, I used a SSR relay type S202S02F. I just want to warn that the relay control voltage is 1,4V
More with this problem is not exposed.

Sorry for my english :)

For whoever wrote that has problems with LCD
I am not sure what card you have
post a picture of the card above and below so I know you understand and help

Italy
Se dovete costruire adesso o anche se avete gia costruito consiglio sempre LCD 20x4 retroilluminazione verde
Io ho comprato qui
http://www.ebay.it/itm/291024608606?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Eng
If you need to build now or even if you have already built always recommend 20x4 LCD backlight green

I bought here
http://www.ebay.it/itm/291024608606?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Tradotto ENG Good Day,

I answer and add this note to all those who have asked for more about PCB reworked by DanielXan

You have only graphic files in BMP that are present in the packages that we have Linked

There are NO wiring diagrams or other type vector files or Gerber because DanielXan drew starting
directly from the side Copper wiring diagram of reference is that of the original Brauduino
where it was only changed the Pin Out to facilitate the routing

So useless to keep asking other formats of the PCB

If someone is able to do so can reshape it and put the Gerber files or other formats we can not fail to please smiley-grin

Thanks PS are well appreciated by the users info about any bugs or suggestions in the use of the program

In Italiano

Buon Giorno,

Rispondo e aggiungo questa nota per tutti quegli che hanno chiesto info sui PCB Rielaborati da DanielXan

Si hanno solo i files grafici in formato BMP che sono presenti nei pachetti che vi abbiamo Linkato

NON ci sono schemi elettrici o files di altra natura tipo vettoriali o Gerber perche DanielXan ha disegnato partendo
direttamente dal lato Rame lo schema elettrico di riferimento è quello del Brauduino originale
dove è stato solo modificato il Pin Out per agevolare lo sbroglio

[SIZE=10pt]Quindi inutile che continuate a chiedere altri formati del PCB[/SIZE]​

Se qualcuno è in grado di farlo puo ridisegnarlo e mettere il files Gerber o in altri formati a noi non puo che far piacere
smiley-grin.png

Grazie P.S sono ben graditi info dagli utilizzatori su eventuali Bug o Suggerimenti nel uso del programma

Are the ArdBir manuals still available, the dropbox links to both the Italian and English versions have been disabled.

In signature the link are related at old version.
I have posted the correct link many post ahead.
The new version is 2.6.62e
The signature are corrected now.
I'm sorry but I do not have too much time to do all the corrections, I thought that the publication of the links in the thread was already sufficient.

Cheers MaxN68, I did try the link that you posted on 6th May but didn't have any success with that one or the facebook links.

Thank you for updating them, it is much appreciated.

Someone told me today that drop box have stopped allowing pinks to files. That might be the issue. I think the idea someone posted to put the files on github might be a good idea... Also means many people can contribute changes easily.

I just tried the link of firmware and manuals and everything works.
As soon as I have a moment of time I try to update the entire repository on GitHub.
Have patience but the days between work and friends to help affected by the flooding are really full

I don't think there is a massive rush for anyone. When you are able. Friends and family come first.

lael said:
I don't think there is a massive rush for anyone. When you are able. Friends and family come first.
Ditto that. Taking it easy is the way to go.

Max, there's something surreal about undergoing a local crisis like a flood and having external pressure that doesn't understand what you're going through. I just want you to know that many of us do understand what you're going through, having had flooding and cleanups a couple of times in the past few years. Thanks for going to the extra effort. We don't expect you to go that extra mile, so I for one really appreciate it. I also want to thank you and everyone else that has made this project take on a life of its own. It's great to see.

We made a team effort .
Our project was born from Arzman all that with his clone gave us a big input to inizizare to do.
Saviotechnic and I started separately and without knowing to look for something on the web to be able to monitor this project and we both got to know Brauduino .
Saviotechnic was involved in the electronics, and along with others attempted Birraduino the road , but the project stalled for a flat rate of those who had to deal with the code .
DanielXan has greatly helped with the development of the PCB.
At this point the project had been standing in nothing .
I tried to take it back in the hands I studied me for the C and the Arduino as I could and I started to change .
They then come to know another job done always starting from Brauduino and another that changed and resolved issues related to the hops, but it was in ° F.
I put everything back together trying to make everything modular and configurable .
And the result is ArdBir .
The rest of the team is made by people who have made ​​their contribution by testing on several occasions written code : Alessio , Luciano and Piero .

Now I hope that all our work will like it and you can help us make it perfect especially trying to eliminate any errors.

What we have done has led to the saturation of the resources of Arduino Uno , every upgrade is in fact impossible , but even so it should be all that is needed .

Thinking about running two ssrs to run two heating elements. Masters told me it is ok according to matho (that the output from the brauduino can run multiple SSRs for the heating), so I'm tempted to do it... mostly just because I can, but also because I'm tempted to have two elements inside the pot IF I can work out how to make it work / fit. Power would come into the box on the left and go to the heat / pump. Secondary heating comes in on the right to ssr and output just left of it.

first question - if the second ssr is not being used (no AC) will it still get hot? (will still be connected to the heat ports, so still being switched.)

second question - is it ok to place them this close together (right next to each other).
I'm thinking about using a heatsink like: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200801372125?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

anyone have experience / knowledge about this?

any other thoughts / comments?

2ssrBrauduino.jpg

Max - I just downloaded the files fine from dropbox FYI.

I'm trying to source a 20x4 LCD screen that will work with Matho's/Lael's kit running ArdBir that ships out of Australia that will just plug and play without having to do anything except what's included in the ArdBir manual to change it to the 20x4 display. I'm a little out of my depth but I found this one below, can anyone tell me if it will work?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181375440035

Back