Mashmaster Mill Design

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What type of rollers would you buy for a mill

• Carbon Steel (cheapest option)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aluminum aircraft grade (about 1.5 to 2 times more than carbon steel, but you save on shipping)

• 304 Stainless Steel (most expensive option 2 to 4 times the price of carbon steel)

• Total voters
any timeframe or $$ yet?
with the AU$ so strong, I'm getting keen on a purchase soon.

Nice work Brissy.
I notice that the drive shaft on the prototype is round.
Do you intend using a hexagonal shaft which may be better for a drill drive, or will there be an option.

Nice work Brissy.
I notice that the drive shaft on the prototype is round.
Do you intend using a hexagonal shaft which may be better for a drill drive, or will there be an option.
Hi Vlad, the shaft is drive but it does have a flat milled on it.

The shaft will be round with a 4mm keyway milled in it to allow motorisation or connection of a hand crank.

I am waiting for the final sample, I have been sourcing and testing parts from a few factories, and am now satisfied with the quality from on supplier, unfortunately I made a couple little change last design cycle and the factory will not mass produce until I approve a sample. Understantable but unfortunately it results in some delays. I am also getting the crank arm cast so lead time on that has delayed things a little as well. I expect the final sample by the end of this month, give me another 6 weeks post then to have it up on my website (figers crossed)

The shaft will be round with a 4mm keyway milled in it to allow motorisation or connection of a hand crank.

I am waiting for the final sample, I have been sourcing and testing parts from a few factories, and am now satisfied with the quality from on supplier, unfortunately I made a couple little change last design cycle and the factory will not mass produce until I approve a sample. Understantable but unfortunately it results in some delays. I am also getting the crank arm cast so lead time on that has delayed things a little as well. I expect the final sample by the end of this month, give me another 6 weeks post then to have it up on my website (figers crossed)

Any idea of price yet Brissie? (Even ball-park?)

Taking pre-orders? :) ;) ;)

Cheers,
Michael.

Looks neat.
Will you be competetive with the crankenstein rollers pricing?
I always look to support the home grown gear.

mill-demo.jpg

looks freakin sweet!

I think Frank got Tony (rice gulls) to do the editorial for him :D

I've seen the mill up close & it's an absolute cracker, no pun intended :wub:

Cheers Ross

What can I say... I want one.

i'm in the market for a new mill as i'm getting sick of "hand cranking" my grain
what time frame are we looking at to get these, before chrissy would be killer?

Cheers Rob.

"MillMaster is designed for professional micro breweries and pro brewers"

I hope this is marketing hype because it sounds like sit down before reading the price tag! I hope to be surprised...

Geez. I'm keen to get one, but looking at that picture I'm wondering how much of the house I'm going to have to sell off :)

Here's hoping for a nice suprise pricewise - could make the perfect fathers day gift to myself :)

Andy

Anyone want to pitch a guess? I have no idea what these are normally worth and couldnt be bothered looking it up. But I'm thinking maybe....I dunno $300 for the stock model +$100 for the stainless?

I'll reiterate that I have no idea what these are normally worth and I'm probably way off.. :)

I'll have a guess at $75, +$10 for SS rollers ;)

oh well, wishful thinking :)

dunno about those prices Sammus, have a look what a Crankandstein cost. I'd say that's Brizzy's main competitor.
A mate of mine made up an awesome mill with freakin huge knurled rollers, but I can't convince him to make MarkII :(

Latest posts

Back