March Pump Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, i'm running the show, and still waiting to hear back from process pumps. I'll try to give Karl a call tomorrow and see what the go is.. I know he's trying to organise some "fair deal" between small retailers and stuff, but this is taking too long for my liking, so i'll ask him if its possible to just clear the goods directly, ASAP...

in the mean time, sorry for the hold up guys, but out of my immediate control as I don't stock the pumps.. ( i want a pump ASAP, just as much as everyone else! )

I was reading in this thread that the bulk buy might not go ahead due to Process Pumps not wanting to upset their retail customer base by selling direct. I thought perhaps you could look at killing to birds with one stone.

It is just an option that could be explored, might work out good or it might not, you won't know until you ask.

The way I see it the bulk buy through process pumps is in serious danger of not going ahead.

Replied via PM

i spoke to karl today.

And he told me that the
809 would be $250 + GST
815 would be $270+GST (not the upgrade)

not sure if that the bulk buy price or not (didn't mention it)

not a bad price for the 815.....i think

i spoke to karl today.

And he told me that the
809 would be $250 + GST

I called Greg Moorhouse (Process Pumps - Company Manager) yesterday and spoke to him about an order for 35 to 40 - 809 or 815 units. FYI - he explained that upgrading the impeller in the 809 (to achieve the increased flow of the 815 unit) actually makes it far more expensive than the 815 unit (your prices would suggest this jeddog). Process pumps have sold 1000+ units of the 809 vs. only 5+ of the 815. Greg was going to give me the quote sometime today... I gave him another call about 1/2 hour ago and he said he "should" be able to give the quote sometime tonight.

Out of interest - wouldn't it be in our best interest as brewers to have a slower flow rate of say 1-2L p/minute opposed to 30L p/minute. I fly-sparge, and if I sparge too quickly the wort channels and therefore my efficiency will be lower. On the flip side, I have broken a submersible pump in the past because I dialled the flow down too low and caused it to overheat. What I didn't realise was the pump needed a certain amount of liquid to pass through it to keep the motor cool. Greg told me that this wasn't as much of a concern with hydronic pumps, however he suggested that a flow rate of less than 1L p/minute could cause damage to the pump (he couldn't give me a definite minimum flow rate - perhaps a brewer can?). He did mention however that you could dial down the 809 more than you could the 815...

Sorry again Sera, I'm not trying to steal your thunder mate... I'm just a pushy ******* who wants his March Pump yesterday!

Greg @ Process Pumps would be the best man to talk to. He sorted out my pump order from the last bulk buy after Karl failed to supply my pump to me... (Obviously they are a busy company, and we are little fish in a big pond.......)

Cheers

i spoke to karl today.

And he told me that the
809 would be $250 + GST

So with GST it's $275 for the 809 and $297 for the 815?

Shit, I would just spend the extra $25 and get 1 from G&G or Beerbelly instead of hanging by a thread on a bulk buy like this, is a 2 week wait with no result so far worth it??? Not sure... :rolleyes: Ill just be quiet but I know what I would do.... ;)

Shit, I would just spend the extra $25 and get 1 from G&G or Beerbelly instead of hanging by a thread on a bulk buy like this, is a 2 week wait with no result so far worth it??? Not sure... :rolleyes: Ill just be quiet but I know what I would do.... ;)

I'm seriously considering just getting it from Beerbelly- great place to go, and I don't need to pay for shipping!

I'm seriously considering just getting it from Beerbelly- great place to go, and I don't need to pay for shipping!
given the non-existent markup i'd probably do the same with the added advantage of advice and having all the bits hooked up properly etc. but that's just me...

given the non-existent markup i'd probably do the same with the added advantage of advice and having all the bits hooked up properly etc. but that's just me...

Yeah, there are a lot of advantages to buying from Wayne

I dont want to start a revolt on this Topic from my shed, but I can save as much money on 1 $90 sack of grain in a Bulk Buy than a $250-$300 odd March Pump... :ph34r:

Food for thought, youse could have it in your greasy littles hands by the end of the week probably....

Disclaimer: I have No affilliation with Suppliers of March Pumps....

1. sera, pump + impeller upgrade, interested regardless of price
2. RetsamHsam, pump (impeller unspecified?), pending price
3. gap, pump+impeller upgrade, pending price
4. Brendo - pump & impeller, pending price
5. Sijani, pump pending price, impeller pending price
6 Doogiechap impeller upgrade, interested regardless of price
7. fraser_john, pump, pending price
8. peas_and_corn pump, impeller upgrade, pending price
9. Cannibal Smurf, pump pending price, impeller pending price
10. Beernut, pretty darn interested in pump
11. Gruntus, pump (regardless of price), impeller pending price
12. Aleech, pump pending price, impeller pending price
13. Troydo, pump pending price, impeller pending price
14. Dicko ACT - pump and impeller pending price
15. jeddog - pump and impeller pending price
16. Homekegger - pump pending dollars Sorry boys, but picked one up on the weekend.
17. GumbyOne - pump pending price, impeller pending price
18. OLDS2006 - pump & impeller pending price
19. mrpolly - pump & impeller pending price
20. cliff40 - pump and impeller pending price
21. DK - pump and impeller pending price
22. Peteoz77, interested in pump + impeller, depending on price
23. discostu, pump and impeller pending price
24. beerdingo, pump+impeller upgrade, pending price
25. jayandcath, pump+impeller upgrade, pending price
26. Steve - 809 impeller upgrade (price pending)
27. Sammus - 809 impeller upgrade (price pending)
28. QldKev - pump pending price, impeller pending price
29. shanster - pump and impeller pending price
30. balconybrewer - pump and impeller (price pending)
31. shimple - pump and impeller (pending price)
32, GB-Impeller upgrade with fries LOL (Price pending approval)
33. Browndog- possibly an impeller upgrade and a new pump, pending price.
34. Gulpa - pump with impeller (pp)

I was speaking to John from G&G today (no affiliation) from the sponsor above

And he told me he can supply the pumps for
809 would be $250 inc GST
815 would be $275 inc GST (not the upgrade)

If we can get 30-40 buyers

the only problem is that there is only 17 in stock of the 809 and no 815 in stock. But we can still get them at that price when the stock arrives.

Sorry Sera,
I am not trying hijacking your bulk buy, I was just mentioning it to John today and he made some calls :) ..give him a ring if your interested

Remember this is a bulk buy we need to organise ourselves, before we go to a retailer

jeddog

Just to throw my hat in the ring....

I've had quite a few emails from guys asking us if we could help, but with all the bad press from Retailers interferring I really didn't want to get involved.

That said, it's really about time we stocked these pumps, so today I've contacted Process Pumps & we are in the process of sealing a deal.
We should have a pricing on these by tomorrow, with no minimum orders, just buy as you see fit.

Cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer...Affiliated to the hilt B)

i spoke to karl today.

And he told me that the
809 would be $250 + GST

I apologise this quote was inc not + GST...just covering my white clammy,hairy arse

well done Ross

Like to see the price, your crew are always good to deal with

Ross
CraftBrewer...Affiliated to the hilt cool.gif

HAHAHAH

well im super interested ross... no shipping from you! HAHA

Troydo

I apologise this quote was inc not + GST...just covering my white clammy,hairy arse

well done Ross

Like to see the price, your crew are always good to deal with

Before everyone starts pulling out, this was the price jeddog was quoted for a single 809 or 815 unit, not a bulk buy unit price! The price would have been lower than this, hence the idea of forming a 'bulk buy'. I appreciate that jeddog has now revised the quoted prices.

John (from Grape and Grain) has contacted Process Pumps and expressed his interest in purchasing the units for the bulk buy. This is the email that Greg sent me;

Thomas

Further to our recent conversation regarding the March 809 pumps, I apologize for the delay in responding however we have been approached by one of our resellers / distributors as well for a bulk buy price of 30-40 pumps, for this transaction we would prefer you negotiate with Grain and Grape, contact John

Greg explained that the last time he dealt with AHB members, he had phone calls, emails etc from angry distributors because they had undercut their retail price. He did not mention who these distributors were and would not provide the original prices he was going to quote me.

From yesterday to today, Greg has changed his stance and made the decision not to deal directly with AHB members and that we will have to use one of his distributors, suggesting Grape and Grain in his email. We have essentially added a middle man to the middle man between March Pumps and the final buyer. I spoke to John from Grape and Grain earlier, he is happy for us to buy the bulk lot of units from him and distribute ourselves. John has given me a definitive answer that he will not be coordinating the bulk buy or post individually to bulk buyers even if they are interested in purchasing other items from his store.

Out of interest - the last time AHB members went directly to Process Pumps on 10 December 2008, the price was $205 http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=387106. Before somebody chimes in, the exchange rate at the time was $0.66c... it is $0.68c today! Source; http://www.rba.gov.au/Statistics/Historica...ates/index.html

Its up to you Bulk Buyers, but Im going to wait until their available at CraftBrewer and will make my postage cost more efficient by purchasing some other items at the same time

Okay guys sorry about the delay, here's what's going down. (Due to other people posting before i got onto AHB its probably pretty obvious)...

Karl has urged that bulk buy orders go through local businesses to keep things fair, which is fine, so whoever owns/runs G&G, ross, (and probably BB owner) are the guys you need to hassle now! Whether G&G/CB/BB will offer discounted prices given the volume of our order is entirely up to the retailers, things are now out of my hands...

*pokes ross* pumpless man seeking pump for pumping!

also, my opinion on the matter:

I think this whole scenario turned out really bad and I believe that the bullies won. It is one thing for companies to complain to PP about fair pricing, however at least one company that "got his/her way", are refusing to assist the bulk buyers, according to dicko. This appears to be extremely greedy. Good job on bullying your supplier and your own potential customers. Guess where I will not be shopping ever (you probably just lost more money than you would have by discounting bulk buys)...

1. sera, pump + impeller upgrade, interested regardless of price
2. RetsamHsam, pump (impeller unspecified?), pending price
3. gap, pump+impeller upgrade, pending price
4. Brendo - pump & impeller, pending price
5. Sijani, pump pending price, impeller pending price
6 Doogiechap impeller upgrade, interested regardless of price
7. fraser_john, pump, pending price
8. peas_and_corn pump, impeller upgrade, pending price
9. Cannibal Smurf, pump pending price, impeller pending price
10. Beernut, pretty darn interested in pump
11. Gruntus, pump (regardless of price), impeller pending price
12. Aleech, pump pending price, impeller pending price
13. Troydo, pump pending price, impeller pending price
14. Dicko ACT - pump and impeller pending price
15. jeddog - pump and impeller pending price
16. Homekegger - pump pending dollars Sorry boys, but picked one up on the weekend.
17. GumbyOne - pump pending price, impeller pending price
18. OLDS2006 - pump & impeller pending price
19. mrpolly - pump & impeller pending price Have ordered else where, was happy to pay $290 knowing its on its way now.
20. cliff40 - pump and impeller pending price
21. DK - pump and impeller pending price
22. Peteoz77, interested in pump + impeller, depending on price
23. discostu, pump and impeller pending price
24. beerdingo, pump+impeller upgrade, pending price
25. jayandcath, pump+impeller upgrade, pending price
26. Steve - 809 impeller upgrade (price pending)
27. Sammus - 809 impeller upgrade (price pending)
28. QldKev - pump pending price, impeller pending price
29. shanster - pump and impeller pending price
30. balconybrewer - pump and impeller (price pending)
31. shimple - pump and impeller (pending price)
32, GB-Impeller upgrade with fries LOL (Price pending approval)
33. Browndog- possibly an impeller upgrade and a new pump, pending price.
34. Gulpa - pump with impeller (pp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back