March Pump Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
will there be copyright issues if i sell AHB-brand tinfoil hats to the seekrit-paranoia community?

discounts for bulk buys available, enquiries should be sent to that guy who's been following you... :D

Guys - is any of this retailer banter actually assisting anyone to buy March Pumps?

If not, can I suggest either keeping it to yourself, or to PM.

(Pretty please?)

Yeah, but not here browneye. They may seeya.

You can just imagine them Haysie, wringing their hands and gnashing their teeth in torment at the possibility of a BB they can't get in on and smash !

Or you could just not say where they are coming from and just get a price then they dont know who too have a cry at.

Here's the evil man who stopped the BB! You need to organised a lynchin' posse now Haysie! or he will get away!!!

evil.jpg

Jokes aside, what really riled-me-up was I must have given John at Grape and Grain a dozen opportunities to take over the bulk buy and manage the purchasing and distribution of it (offering him other benefits such bulk buyers purchasing other items at his store), to which he kept saying “no, this is a bulk buy you will buy them from me and organise it yourself” before becoming aggressive and telling me I was “too assertive” (not to accept his no) and that I was just “one person” in the bulk buy suggesting other would simply roll-over. John was convinced that he held all the power in the situation, as though we had no options without him. I asked John what benefit we were gaining now that he entered the bulk buy and what he was doing for the extra money we now had to pay and he said “this is just how it works”.

This IS NOT how it should work… Grape and Grain is a business I will never be dealing with!

It had to happen, to much publicity surrounding this deal for it to succeed it had to be done behind closed doors. The out come was fairly predictable. Lesson learnt never let your right hand know what your left is doing. I will wait for the dust to settle on this one.

Cheers

Jokes aside, what really riled-me-up was I must have given John at Grape and Grain a dozen opportunities to take over the bulk buy and manage the purchasing and distribution of it (offering him other benefits such bulk buyers purchasing other items at his store), to which he kept saying no, this is a bulk buy you will buy them from me and organise it yourself before becoming aggressive and telling me I was too assertive (not to accept his no) and that I was just one person in the bulk buy suggesting other would simply roll-over. John was convinced that he held all the power in the situation, as though we had no options without him. I asked John what benefit we were gaining now that he entered the bulk buy and what he was doing for the extra money we now had to pay and he said this is just how it works.

This IS NOT how it should work Grape and Grain is a business I will never be dealing with!

I believe Process Pumps displayed a marked lack of interest going off the amount of time it took Sera to get any answers (if he ever did) I emailed Karl a few weeks back about a problem with my 809 and never received the courtesy of a reply. I had to ring the company and ended up speaking to someone else who "really wasn't sure" about the problem, but suggested I spend approx. $170 to fix it. I then contacted March in the States, their Techo was back to me almost instantly, it was a different matter when I contacted their sales staff though, never heard a thing from them. The thing that ^**#s me is there is no suitable alternative to an 809 out there in the same price bracket, I've been searching for weeks and come up with nothing.
Having said all that, You are right Dicko, G&G should be prepared to parley.

cheers

Browndog

Reading through this thread, I personally think too many people approached Process Pumps.

They are a wholesaler. They like to deal with as few people as possible. They wanted a single point of contact (evident early in the thread where they actually directed people to this bulk buy), but then impatient people had to bypass sera and contact them direct...at least one of them is now whinging that Process Pumps have essentially appointed a single contact point G&G.

I think this one is dead.

I think there are two lessons learned.

1) Don't bypass the organiser.
2) Let's start including the retailers, i.e. get a list together, then send out to 4 or 5 retailers to let them quote on the price INCLUDING distribution.

The horse needs to start leading the cart again instead of the other way around. If done in this manner, the retailers will be open to prosecution should they get their knickers in a knot.

I daresay that G&G had little say in becoming the central point, rather they are (the) local Vic retailer and are the logical redirection point from Process Pumps perspective...

Out of interest - the last time AHB members went directly to Process Pumps on 10 December 2008, the price was $205 http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=387106. Before somebody chimes in, the exchange rate at the time was $0.66c... it is $0.68c today! Source; http://www.rba.gov.au/Statistics/Historica...ates/index.html

Errrr, if I recall, that was stock he had sitting on the shelf that was probably bought when the excahange rate was much better. As was stated earlier in this thread, Process Pumps had to get more in for this bulk buy...

Let's not twist the truth to suit our own agenda lest people start threatening not to do business with you...

Just to set things straight:

* Agreed, don't bypass the organiser. That goes for you too, business owners! I never asked anyone else to speak to PP, if anyone else went ahead and did so to Karl about the bulk buy, then they certainly didnt assist the outcome.

* I did recieve decent communication from karl, he has been fairly busy, and i am currenly amongst my 3rd 80-hour (eighty) week, so my responses aren't all that timely. Often he responded but I was unable to respond to him or AHB. Of course march in the states probably gave you a quicker reply because they are dedicated only to march pumps, and because marketplace is bigger in the states. Also maybe they just have better communication. But I wouldnt consider my experience with PP to be negative at all, just a regular old business dealing.

*Leigh, i think the whinging about directing PP sales to one outlet, in this context it is less about direction to one outlet and more about the behavior/attitude/representation that the outlet has displayed.

Anyway guys, the BB is dead, i suggest people use this thread (until it probably shortly becomes locked) to express their opinion in a professionalish manner so hopefully those out there affected by the opinions of AHB'ers can change the attitude of people out there.

As the original poster has indicated the bulk buy is dead and the thread has wandered completely off topic it is now closed.

AndrewQLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back