March Pump Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I was lucky to pick one up when I did.

:beer:

Cheers

HK

re dicko's posting being forced to purchase our bulk buy through a retailer;

• i understand that retailers are a major player in our economy and the survival of our craft and am happy to support them
  • i love dealing with a good retailer and am happy to pay a modest margin on a product when the service and support is quality

• i dont agree with retailers contacting wholesalers and detering them from dealing with the public if they can raise wholesale quanities off their own backs (which has been done here)
  • i definiantly dont agree with a retailer claming $50 a unit (x40 = $2000) after the public organises the bulk buy, has to organise their own frieght and get a kick up the ass for their troubles.
there are some great retailers out there doin well as they provide competitive prices, good products and awesome service. but come on, claiming 2 gee's for one abusive phone call to a distributor. thats a bit rich.

ill also be waiting for another price off a retailer i enjoy dealing with. just my 2c, maybe off the mark??????

Are Bulk Buys a thing of the past?

Is it logistically possible to order these directly from the states?

I think you will be directed back to the Australian distributor.Well I found this in the past when trying to get around the mark up.You will find this with most things, pretty much closed shop.If you can, thats different.Going to have to be cheap buying price to pay GST ,Import duty. broker fees and transport, unless you are bring in a container load.
GB

If you are prepared to wade through the posts this thread has determined that it's pretty difficult (at least openly) B)

Sera thanks for attempting to co-ordinate this ! I apprecaite your time and effort :beerbang:
Cheers
Doug

I was speaking to John from G&G today (no affiliation) from the sponsor above

And he told me he can supply the pumps for
809 would be $250 inc GST
815 would be $275 inc GST (not the upgrade)

If we can get 30-40 buyers

the only problem is that there is only 17 in stock of the 809 and no 815 in stock. But we can still get them at that price when the stock arrives.

Sorry Sera,
I am not trying hijacking your bulk buy, I was just mentioning it to John today and he made some calls :) ..give him a ring if your interested

Remember this is a bulk buy we need to organise ourselves, before we go to a retailer

jeddog

jeddog, keep ya trap shut next time!!!!!! :angry:

sorry to all
and thanks sera for the effort

This appears to be extremely greedy. Good job on bullying your supplier and your own potential customers. Guess where I will not be shopping ever (you probably just lost more money than you would have by discounting bulk buys)...

looks like a certain greedy supplier may have a shtiload of now-unwanted pumps :lol: ....karma
I now look forward to buying a pump from a homebrew store with credibility, who knows, i might even get my money back if the lotto gods are with me. ;)

Thanks for heads up sera and dicko.

Of course you can, ask Barry R, Arthur, $ was a bit healthier but approx $110 ebay. ....Not now, but keep your eye open.
With shrugged shoulders and another threat of the sin bin,,,,,, these retailers are a joke!! It appears its only the "posting" sponsors/members who do all the sooking and pressure the likes of PP, Ellerslie, etc. The others hide behind the shenanigans rubbing their hands happy too take their cut!

All of a sudden we have retailers with pumps $ available tomorrow, Where were they yesterday? They only got interested when they see BB and people movement.

Whats next? Cryer Malts, Bintani? there seems no stopping these greedy bastards.

Of course you can, ask Barry R, Arthur, $ was a bit healthier but approx $110 ebay. ....Not now, but keep your eye open.
With shrugged shoulders and another threat of the sin bin,,,,,, these retailers are a joke!! It appears its only the "posting" sponsors/members who do all the sooking and pressure the likes of PP, Ellerslie, etc. The others hide behind the shenanigans rubbing their hands happy too take their cut!

All of a sudden we have retailers with pumps $ available tomorrow, Where were they yesterday? They only got interested when they see BB and people movement.

Whats next? Cryer Malts, Bintani? there seems no stopping these greedy bastards.

I remember those $110 ebay pumps, they were a different model march pump (if we're talking about the same thing... I never saw 809pl-hs for 110)

But yeah, used to be able to get em cheaper from the states till Process kicked up a stink, then the kind gal from the states wasn't all that keen to do business. Her email is probably somewhere in that thread, you could probably do one on the down low. If only we could do private topics on this forum :)

glad I got a pump when I did.

seems the Bulk Buy via the intershnizzle is a thing of the past :(

That would be sad...

The thing that makes me most sad about this whole debacle is that it's places like this forum that got alot of us into homebrewing in the first place and when some of us try to save a few dollars and organise a bulk buy of some sorts the retailers kick up a stink wanting to get their hands on a few extra dollars.

Alot of us already spend alot of money at these same retailers so it's not like they are totally missing out on some of the coin being thrown around. I'm sure that when alot of the guys who would have purchased one of these pumps would have been straight these same shops to get fittings, hoses or even ingredients to make more beer.

I was watching this thread with some interest as I may have been interested but as soon as I saw the stalling from Process pumps I knew that there was something going on, and I'll like to make a little wager that now that they are going to sold in these retailers I bet that there isn't as many sold as there would have been if there was a BB done here.

Now it just looks like everyone loses.

dude bulk buys are sooooooo 2008. get with the times!

who needs a march...i get much better efficiency by simply threatening my mash to recirculate... :p

The thing that makes me most sad about this whole debacle is that it's places like this forum that got alot of us into homebrewing in the first place and when some of us try to save a few dollars and organise a bulk buy of some sorts the retailers kick up a stink wanting to get their hands on a few extra dollars.

Alot of us already spend alot of money at these same retailers so it's not like they are totally missing out on some of the coin being thrown around. I'm sure that when alot of the guys who would have purchased one of these pumps would have been straight these same shops to get fittings, hoses or even ingredients to make more beer.

I was watching this thread with some interest as I may have been interested but as soon as I saw the stalling from Process pumps I knew that there was something going on, and I'll like to make a little wager that now that they are going to sold in these retailers I bet that there isn't as many sold as there would have been if there was a BB done here.

Now it just looks like everyone loses.

I believe if you go back a couple of pages you will see one of the participants asking that the BB be put to retailers in the hope of a better price! The paranoia of some of the people on this site in relation to retailers cracks me up.

-BD

I believe if you go back a couple of pages you will see one of the participants asking that the BB be put to retailers in the hope of a better price! The paranoia of some of the people on this site in relation to retailers cracks me up.

-BD

Really cracks me up the naivety that retailers are great. Go Bulk Buys amongst AHB members.

Really cracks me up the naivety that retailers are great. Go Bulk Buys amongst AHB members.

You should go and start a new secret forum for paraniod home brewers to plot their BBs in perfect seclusion from the prying eyes of the evil retailers hehehe...

You should go and start a new secret forum for paraniod home brewers to plot their BBs in perfect seclusion from the prying eyes of the evil retailers hehehe...

Yeah, but not here browneye. They may seeya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back