• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Losses From Tubing And Hoprocket

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

proudscum

Reaction score
being maths challenged how do i work out my losses when using a pump and X metres of 1/2 diameter hose.
Also what kind of loss do you get with using whole hops as i will need to change my recipes to include the losses from tube and hops.The hops will be used in a Hoprocket AND WILL MAINLY BE HOME GROWN .

CHEERS SCum

Superoo

Reaction score
For the hose and pump, I would just fill them with water then empty into a measuring jug, that will tell you.

On the hops absorption thing, not sure, you might have to just do one and take detailed notes.

Thirsty Boy

ICB - tight shorts and poor attitude. **** yeah!
Reaction score
being maths challenged how do i work out my losses when using a pump and X metres of 1/2 diameter hose.
Also what kind of loss do you get with using whole hops as i will need to change my recipes to include the losses from tube and hops.The hops will be used in a Hoprocket AND WILL MAINLY BE HOME GROWN .

CHEERS SCum
chase it through with a little boiled water - and you will lose effectively nothing.

kettle empty, pump off - disconnect hose from kettle outlet - drop into bucket of hot water - pump back on - watch out let as it goes into your fermenter - when it looks more like water than wort... pump off.

losses - pretty much zero

Latest posts