Losses From Tubing And Hoprocket

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proudscum

Reaction score
being maths challenged how do i work out my losses when using a pump and X metres of 1/2 diameter hose.
Also what kind of loss do you get with using whole hops as i will need to change my recipes to include the losses from tube and hops.The hops will be used in a Hoprocket AND WILL MAINLY BE HOME GROWN .

CHEERS SCum

For the hose and pump, I would just fill them with water then empty into a measuring jug, that will tell you.

On the hops absorption thing, not sure, you might have to just do one and take detailed notes.

being maths challenged how do i work out my losses when using a pump and X metres of 1/2 diameter hose.
Also what kind of loss do you get with using whole hops as i will need to change my recipes to include the losses from tube and hops.The hops will be used in a Hoprocket AND WILL MAINLY BE HOME GROWN .

CHEERS SCum

chase it through with a little boiled water - and you will lose effectively nothing.

kettle empty, pump off - disconnect hose from kettle outlet - drop into bucket of hot water - pump back on - watch out let as it goes into your fermenter - when it looks more like water than wort... pump off.

losses - pretty much zero

Latest posts

Back