Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the first time we have been asked for the hands free clip. It's relatively easy for us to manufacture this but I am not sure if it's really that necessary. As long as the beer is cold enough then not much counter pressure is required. If not much counter pressure is required then the bung holds itself into the neck of the bottle fine as it is. So I really do not see the necessity for the clip unless your beverage is too high temperature and therefore needs higher counter pressure.

I should also say that even if your beverage is too high pressure the clip would only solve the issue of filling. As soon as you remove the clip and head from the bottle if the temperature is too high you will probably have gushing out of the top of the bottle too so really the answer is make sure the beverage is close to 0C before you start using this device in the first place.

First time ever posting on this forum so please have patience with me. For the second time in a year I have been searching hours for a solution for getting carbonation caps mounted on a flat surface. Being from Finland sometimes makes it a bit harder to find the correct search phrases for exotic parts. The part I am looking for is a grommet (correct word?) with PCO 1881 male threads on one end and a nut on the other side to secure the grommet to the surface. Like a shank but for a carbonation cap instead of a tap. This part would be a handy way to run beer lines from the keg posts inside a keezer, kegerator or a cooler, to the outside. Would sometimes make life easier to be able to switch between snap-on taps and bottling devices. Have made the parts myself using a 3D printer but is this not something that @KegLand-com-au could manufacture and sell if they do not already do?

First time ever posting on this forum so please have patience with me. For the second time in a year I have been searching hours for a solution for getting carbonation caps mounted on a flat surface. Being from Finland sometimes makes it a bit harder to find the correct search phrases for exotic parts. The part I am looking for is a grommet (correct word?) with PCO 1881 male threads on one end and a nut on the other side to secure the grommet to the surface. Like a shank but for a carbonation cap instead of a tap. This part would be a handy way to run beer lines from the keg posts inside a keezer, kegerator or a cooler, to the outside. Would sometimes make life easier to be able to switch between snap-on taps and bottling devices. Have made the parts myself using a 3D printer but is this not something that @KegLand-com-au could manufacture and sell if they do not already do?
Far from elegant, but you could use this adaptor to get to TC. There are a number of TC adaptors on flanges that can be screwed to a table etc. see links below;

That said, this is a great idea if there was a purpose built PCO “bulkhead” fitting.

https://www.kegland.com.au/products/pco1881-male-x-1-5-inch-tri-clover-pok

https://cheekypeakbrewery.com.au/nano-x-flexcube-25w-pump-bracket/

Thank you mate! I might not be the best designer out there but I always realize what I am missing when I am about to start my DIY projects. Both suggested parts should work fine (have however never seen these sold in Finland) but it would be a bulky solution and I would need to drill holes for screws or use glue to mount these to a flat surface. Drilling one hole is scary enough for me.

Yes this is a good point. I would agree that we should probably manufacture something like this as it could be really useful. I will take this to the team and see what we can come up with.

It's possible to do this with stainless parts but not with the plastic carbonation caps. You might be able to re-use this part somehow.

For instance this part:
https://www.kegland.com.au/products...n-thread-304-stainless-steel-k-lok-compatible

and this part:
https://www.kegland.com.au/products/liquid-ball-lock-post-with-5-8-bsp-thread

Last edited:
@KegLand-com-au with the news that Plaato will stop supporting their homebrew products, any chance that Kegland has any plans to make a similar product to measure the amount of beer left in each keg?

Yes it's a shame that Plaato are discontinuing this product and support. We have never been super keen on the load cell option to be honest but we are trying to solve the problem using a different sensor to check the liquid level that will be integrated into the keg lid. It's still in development so unfortunately I can't give you a release date yet.

Hi @KegLand-com-au I've recently purchased the 100l Brewzilla Distillation lid for which I already have the Kegland reflux still attachment. I would also like to get a pot still as I plan to make grain neutral spirit in the reflux and then use a pot still to make gin.
For the pot still, Is the alembic lid important for catalysation or is the surface of the still attachment enough? I have a 40 and 50L guten which i was hoping to use with the alembic lid, are they compatible sizewise with the kegking guten units?

EDIT: still interested in an answer to the above, but I am very exited about the new video that just dropped on the distillation range coming, which way I go will ultimately come down to price...
Hi @KegLand-com-au as per the above post, does the alembic copper lid fit the kegking 40/50L guten machines?

Yes this is a good point. I would agree that we should probably manufacture something like this as it could be really useful. I will take this to the team and see what we can come up with.

It's possible to do this with stainless parts but not with the plastic carbonation caps. You might be able to re-use this part somehow.

For instance this part:
https://www.kegland.com.au/products...n-thread-304-stainless-steel-k-lok-compatible

and this part:
https://www.kegland.com.au/products/liquid-ball-lock-post-with-5-8-bsp-thread
Sounds good! Plastic is cheaper and for a portable solution, the light weight of the part could be a selling point. All suggested parts would do the job but I always like to keep it as simple as possible.

Another part that I was once looking for was a piece of "pipe" with PCO 1881 female threads on both ends.
The closest thing I could find online was something called tornado tubes but the quality was really lousy and the part might not have been food grade. The reason I needed this was for connecting two PET bottles with carbonation cap tees together. Yes, I know! It can be done using two carbonation caps, two ball lock connectors and a piece of hose but that felt like too many parts for a simple problem. Come to think of it a even better solution for my personal needs might have been a carbonation cap tee with 2 x PCO 1881 female threads and 1 x PCO 1881 male threads.
If you @KegLand-com-au start manufacturing these, I promise I will be your first (and maybe only) customer for the part.

I have to admit that I really love all these simple plastic parts you make. Lets me go crazy and be creative. I guess you can call it LEGO for brewers.
Keep up the good work!

Yes it's a shame that Plaato are discontinuing this product and support. We have never been super keen on the load cell option to be honest but we are trying to solve the problem using a different sensor to check the liquid level that will be integrated into the keg lid. It's still in development so unfortunately I can't give you a release date yet.
The load cell option unfortunately is what works best for my situation. I have seen level sensors in the lid with DIY kits, etc. but my issue is that I don’t often use corny kegs, so my non-standard lids take that option away. I mostly use Williamswarn Brewkegs (and Brewtools Mini Unis but they’re a bit wide to fit too many) for the ability to ferment and serve from the same keg. Honestly what I’d really want would be the exact shape/features of the Brewkeg but without their annoying proprietary lids. I know the ss Fermzilla is coming out but the dimensions you have awhile back would limit me from fitting too many in the keezer like the mini uni does.

I also tried the flowmeter route with raspberry pints but as soon as you lose track of the level with “ghost pours” you no longer can figure out how much is in there, so a direct measurement is much better as opposed to subtracting an amount each time.

Would be keen to get your feedback on this guys.
I'd be keen on stainless top and sides and possibly back.

I want to sit the kegerator on our back deck in a rather prominent location, so being "shiny" helps and makes it easy to wipe down etc.

I would be very keen for any improved electrical efficiency too, being able to seal off the second font penetration would be great.

Also highly desireable would be a smart controller that would allow control of font fan and internal fan etc, even being able to set temperature profile over the day to maximise power savings.

We recently upgraded our PV solar and added a battery, I currently have a Bracton Subzero 3 door kegerator which is similar to the grand deluxe. It is a power pig and contributes significantly to the new battery being exhausted prior to sunrise.

Perhaps a RAPT controller might be the trick?

Any chance of a digiboil (specifically the 65L) with a dished bottom? They make for great boil kettles, having a centre draining port would be prerferable for CIP.

Any chance of a digiboil (specifically the 65L) with a dished bottom? They make for great boil kettles, having a centre draining port would be prerferable for CIP.
Yes, and what about a 100L centre drain digiboil too!

Anyone have a grand deluxe unit where the don’t fan stops blowing as strongly? There’s still “some” air coming up but you really have to try to notice it. Assume it’s a simple fix somehow?

The fridge is still cold, I couldn’t see any ice. Are these not auto defrost anyway??
Under certain conditions the auto defrost may not clear all the ice. Ice can form on the evaporator reducing air flow. Unless you remove the side panel you won’t see it. Other than a faulty fan I can’t think of anything else that could reduce air flow.

Another part that I was once looking for was a piece of "pipe" with PCO 1881 female threads on both ends.
The closest thing I could find online was something called tornado tubes but the quality was really lousy and the part might not have been food grade. The reason I needed this was for connecting two PET bottles with carbonation cap tees together. Yes, I know! It can be done using two carbonation caps, two ball lock connectors and a piece of hose but that felt like too many parts for a simple problem. Come to think of it a even better solution for my personal needs might have been a carbonation cap tee with 2 x PCO 1881 female threads and 1 x PCO 1881 male threads.
If you @KegLand-com-au start manufacturing these, I promise I will be your first (and maybe only) customer for the part.

I have to admit that I really love all these simple plastic parts you make. Lets me go crazy and be creative. I guess you can call it LEGO for brewers.
Keep up the good work!

We will look into this. We will have to do some heapability on this. The most difficult thing with plastic parts as we need to manufacture 10s of thousands in order to be able to be economical. The tooling cost is high and so are the minimum production runs.

Latest posts

Back