Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a few beers today the slinky 1m Helix Coil and Tee (304 Stainless) - False Bottom Replacement for Mash, Lauter, Kettle gave me hell bought 2 for a 220 litre mash tun and got stuck several times.
130 liters strike water very stiff mash over 68kg grain.
6 bazookas work better. Slinky you need to dig up the pipe and it will start to move again off and on till it finds a spot would have lost 3 hours on Finking around plus losing mash out temps pot over time .

Used the bladder today first time KL18463 I would never use again unless there is some control over the bag like a 1/2 BSP thread in the cap otherwise trustworthy cubes are so fast and so unpuncher proof.

You put the bladder into a brew bucket hope for the best then good luck getting it out of the bucket till its cooled plus youll have some wort still outside of it .

I love your gear KL keep up your determination just these 2 are a problem to me

To be honest this 1m Helix coil is not my favorite product. The only reason we stock this is because we got a few other customers request that we stock it as the only other person who sold this was selling at a very high cost so they wanted us to stock it for a cheaper price. I personally think a proper false bottom that covers the whole base of your mash tun is the way to go.

We will eventually have larger Digiboils that are 100L in size. Do you think you would be interested if we made specific false bottoms to fit our various different digiboil sizes?

@KegLand-com-au , sorry but just a gripe. Wanted to purchase a 2 roller grain mill via your Ebay store. Atleast 2 other sellers had the exact same item essentially the same price with free postage - but I wanted to buy from you as an AHB sponsor and supporter.

Odd thing was out of 173 listings this was the ONLY one that stated pickup only (despite it being far from either the largest or heaviest item). Seemed odd as it also stated in the listing 'fast shipping' and 'Pickups not allowed'. So rather than assume I msged and asked you if the item could be posted and IF SO what would additional costs apply?'. Received a reply back that stated and I quote,"This can be shipped all over Australia."

No mention of extra costs, so I wondered should I ask again - but I figured that made no sense as I'd asked once and if others who were smaller than you were selling at same price with post your listing must just be outdated. And so I bought the item.

Then I get sent a msg stating that additional freight costs apply.

Is it the end of the world or a huge cost? No but it's sloppy and unprofessional as I'd specifically asked about exactly this and your staff were either too stupid or lazy to simply state - additional postage costs will apply.

I'd have been happy to have supported an AHB supporter but had you advised this I'd instead have ordered direct from you so I could also have gotten the many other things I needed and not doubled up on postage. I am sorry but thats a real lack of attention to detail on your behalf and as new home brewer who's never dealt with you before it's very underwhelming. :-/

Sorry this is a mistake. We are fixing this now and we will have postage on this item. This will be updated in the next couple of hrs. Sorry about this we can definitely post the mill.

Sorry this is a mistake. We are fixing this now and we will have postage on this item. This will be updated in the next couple of hrs. Sorry about this we can definitely post the mill.
Appreciate the quick reply and that you've amended for future buyers - unfortunately your item is now 20%+ more than identical competitors would be for me. So will have to cancel my order and either buy from them or place order direct with you. :-/

Appreciate the quick reply and that you've amended for future buyers - unfortunately your item is now 20%+ more than identical competitors would be for me. So will have to cancel my order and either buy from them or place order direct with you. :-/

If you want a cheaper price then it's generally better value to go to our website directly:

https://www.kegland.com.au/maltmuncher-grain-mill.html
If you purchase on ebay the price is generally higher to absorb the additional fees for this transaction type.

@KegLand-com-au: I am watching this thread for news about the upcoming Brewzilla and Fermzilla. Where else should I look for anything noteworthy on these or for new Kegland products in general?
@KegLand-com-au without searching through 295 pages is there a specific post detailing the new features of these products or can you outline some here please?

If you want a cheaper price then it's generally better value to go to our website directly:

With all due respect this was understood by me PRIOR to buying - but this Ebay item was less than your website IF the postage was inclusive as the listing was unclear (as evidence by you changing it as soon as I flagged for you) - and hence I SPECIFICALLY asked if this was the case and was ignored/given an ambigious answer - and right for this moment I only needed it and intended to order everything else in a much larger order though your site as the mill jacked the price of postage on that up a lot (I live rural).

So understand what you're saying but rest assured I did everything I could for whoever is responding to your Ebay msgs to clarify prior to any purchase - they were either lazy, stupid or both.

Like I said rather underwhelming for a first time customer of yours who still has a stack of stuff still to buy. :-/

Last edited:
With all due respect this was understood by me PRIOR to buying - but this Ebay item was less than your website IF the postage was inclusive as the listing was unclear (as evidence by you changing it as soon as I flagged for you) - and hence I SPECIFICALLY asked if this was the case and was ignored/given an ambigious answer - and right for this moment I only needed it and intended to order everything else in a much larger order though your site as the mill jacked the price of postage on that up a lot (I live rural).

So understand what you're saying but rest assured I did everything I could for whoever is responding to your Ebay msgs to clarify prior to any purchase - they were either lazy, stupid or both.

Like I said rather underwhelming for a first time customer of yours who still has a stack of stuff still to buy. :-/

Yes, I appreciate you alerting this to me and I would agree that the message you got in response on Ebay was not a good one. They should have looked at the listing more carefully and amended the listing to include postage. This has been escalated to management and hopefully this type of error doesnt happen again.

Thanks for your support! We appreciate it and if we can ever improve on anything else just let us know.

@KegLand-com-au without searching through 295 pages is there a specific post detailing the new features of these products or can you outline some here please?

We do have a new FermZilla that we are working on and this development is going really well I dont want to give away too much on this until we get closer to the release date. This new model will replace the current FermZilla Conical. The FermZilla all rounder is going to stay the same but we will have an upgradable lids that will make purging out hops and dry hopping more easy through a port in the lid.

With the BrewZilla you might want to check out this video here:
https://youtu.be/HGrvibnZVu4

This video was just a casual chat with one of our distributors in South Africa and the video was recently uploaded. If you have a look at this one you can fastforward 4 min into the video and it covers some of the BrewZilla Gen 4 features.

Yes, I appreciate you alerting this to me and I would agree that the message you got in response on Ebay was not a good one. They should have looked at the listing more carefully and amended the listing to include postage. This has been escalated to management and hopefully this type of error doesnt happen again.

Thanks for your support! We appreciate it and if we can ever improve on anything else just let us know.
Just as a postscript for folks, KL reached out to me on Ebay and explained that they'd reviewed their listing and msgs sent and that they could have done better - so waived the postal fee for me as a gesture of good faith.

They also took the time to explain that due to the lockdown, extra large volumes of orders and issues with Australia Post they're operating at maximum capacity - hence the staff member perhaps was just trying to fire through the emails. Understandable and I appreciate that they took the time to rectify the issue, explain how they believe it occurred and subsequently have changed the listing to assist future buyers.

Very much appreciated and I look forward to placing an order for the rest of my gear.

We do have a new FermZilla that we are working on and this development is going really well I dont want to give away too much on this until we get closer to the release date. This new model will replace the current FermZilla Conical. The FermZilla all rounder is going to stay the same but we will have an upgradable lids that will make purging out hops and dry hopping more easy through a port in the lid.

This video was just a casual chat with one of our distributors in South Africa and the video was recently uploaded. If you have a look at this one you can fastforward 4 min into the video and it covers some of the BrewZilla Gen 4 features.

Link is dead, found it on the millside site though.. :)

Thanks a lot for your reply! It's the video that made me curious in the first place... I do understand that you don't want to give away too much in advance. Would the Kegland newsletter tell me when a new product actually hits the shelves?

No pressure, but do you think there will still be a release this year?
KL have stated at various times this should be out this year, but as we are ever closer to xmas and with shipping/manufacturing still an issue it may be a wise decision for them to hold it back and not have the issue they did with the Rapt/series x plus of not being able to get a steady supply. But current advice is late this year.

KL have stated at various times this should be out this year, but as we are ever closer to xmas and with shipping/manufacturing still an issue it may be a wise decision for them to hold it back and not have the issue they did with the Rapt/series x plus of not being able to get a steady supply. But current advice is late this year.
Totally agree. The fact we haven't heard anything leads you to assume, but figured it was better to check with the source. I'm sure I'm not the only one holding out for some more info, as I am torn between the G40 and BZ v4.0. Not enough information on the BZ atm, but was hoping to get into All Grian over the Christmas break as I'd have time in holidays.

To be honest this 1m Helix coil is not my favorite product. The only reason we stock this is because we got a few other customers request that we stock it as the only other person who sold this was selling at a very high cost so they wanted us to stock it for a cheaper price.
Not quite what happened
The MattMill Läuterhexe (which was the original product) was quite expensive for what it was, but given it was made in Germany I guess that's expected
Then WEAL started importing the coils direct from china for a decent price, then got sick of doing that and passed the product details on to KK and they started selling it for a moderate price
THEN you guys started selling them quite cheap

Just watched your interview with Millside, very excited about the brewzilla gen4, and is there any chance you can you share some details about the upcoming "essential oils" distilling column?

Could you please update the product page for KCL pH probe storage solution to indicate the volume (or weight) of the product? As it stands, there is no indication of how much I'm buying. Is it 10mL, 200mL, something else?

Last edited:
The product description for 6.35mm to 8mm duotight reducer says "We do not stock any 6.5mm OD line", however the Hosing / Tubing section of the web site shows a 6.35mm OD line. Technically the above statement is true, but it should probably be updated to point at the 6.35mm product as it's very likely to be compatible.

@Keland: will the Rapt Pill Hydrometer be available at AliExpress when released in Australia?

Prost, Hein

@Keland: will the Rapt Pill Hydrometer be available at AliExpress when released in Australia?

Prost, Hein

Yes most likely this will end up on AliExpress as well as in Australia. I should say that it's better to go through a local distributor though.

We do not want the AliExpress store to compete with existing distributors. You can see the distributor map here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/distributor
As a result if you already have a distributor in your area then if you go to Aliexpress and try and order it will specifically have a very high shipping cost to your area (which will incentivise you to go to your local distributor) or alternatively it will not be available to ship to your specific country at all. The aliexpress store is mainly to service countries where we do not already have distributors and/or if the distributo is out of stock at least you have an option to order online somewhere. As a result it's always best to go to your local distributor first.

Back