Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lotta context in this @TheBeerBaron. Messy, messy context.
You don't need to participate in the drama but be aware that it exists for a reason.

Yeah, I’ve only been a member a few days, but I’ve seen the drama as I was researching and getting into this hobby.

All I’m saying is they put out good stuff, cheap prices, decent service and seem to be really actively engaged with the community here and elsewhere.

From a forum perspective, as long as they post under their own account, it’s clear where advice etc. is coming from. It would be great if this drove further engagement & competition in the market. My money will always go where I get the best value & service

Sorry if I am being redundant but I'm not in the mood to read back thru 63 pages..when will the new fermentasaurus' drop? Have they already dropped? I did follow KL on FB but I deleted my account a few months back.
Frothy.... No, the new one isn't out yet.
End of 2018 for the 27L one. It's 1 Dec tomorrow so might be time for an update from Kegland themselves...

I am picking up a fair bit of animosity towards Kegland from you @sp0rk... maybe give it a rest!? they are having a crack at running a business which ultimately helps our common hobby & community by sponsoring the forum also. Just chill out.
Constructive criticism is not only to be expected but sought. More helpful than harmful.

Frothy.... No, the new one isn't out yet.
End of 2018 for the 27L one. It's 1 Dec tomorrow so might be time for an update from Kegland themselves...
I thought they might have named a specific date, they have to be missing a lot of xmas fermentasaurus sales?

Hi KL
Trying to put an order together do you have seals for pluto guns in particular the front stop seal?

Doh! now I've got the Frozen song playing in my head.That's just cruel :)

We watch that every weekend and listen to the soundtrack pretty much every day on the way to childcare. As a result it's always in my head.

Particularly at 3am when I should be asleep.

Hi KegLand,
I've noticed you have 2 types of plate chillers?
The eBay version is described as 30 plate and your website says 20 plate.
Will the 20 plate efficiently cool 25L hot wort?
Also can the chillers be disassembled for cleaning?
Thanks

Hi KegLand,
I've noticed you have 2 types of plate chillers?
The eBay version is described as 30 plate and your website says 20 plate.
Will the 20 plate efficiently cool 25L hot wort?
Also can the chillers be disassembled for cleaning?
Thanks
To save @KegLand-com-au the trouble I think the ebay description is a typo as if you count the plates in the image, it's 20 plate.
The 20 plate will cool quite efficiently for small batches like 25l
Plate chillers can NOT be dissembled to clean. You need to pump cleaners through them (I prefer in reverse direction to wort flow)
to clean them. Or just soak them for a long time then run water through them to wash out residue..

I used to use a 15 plate for 23l batches and worked well, now I just no chill.

Anyone else have issues with the Deluxe Sodastream Adapter?

No matter what I do, mine leaks around the adjustment pin. It audibly leaks around the pin thread when I do it up as tight as physically possible with my fingers.

I've tried doing it up super tight using the assistance of pliers to grip the head, but it still leaks ever so slightly.

The thread of the pin looks perfectly intact.

Thinking it might be an internal machining issue?? Should I put thread tape on the pin?

Anyone else have issues with the Deluxe Sodastream Adapter?

No matter what I do, mine leaks around the adjustment pin. It audibly leaks around the pin thread when I do it up as tight as physically possible with my fingers.

I've tried doing it up super tight using the assistance of pliers to grip the head, but it still leaks ever so slightly.

The thread of the pin looks perfectly intact.

Thinking it might be an internal machining issue?? Should I put thread tape on the pin?

Shoot a warranty request over to Kegland, mine seals perfectly, even without the screw in it.. There is probably a seal in there thats not quite right on yours.

I take it your designer is a recent uni graduate?
Anyone with a decent amount of business/UX design experience knows you NEVER put something into your production environment until it's done
If a user can find it or break it, they WILL find it and they WILL break it, no matter how hidden you think it is

Yes that is a good point. We have now setup a different staging site that is password protected for this reason. So we will put the new code on the staging site instead.

Hey Kegland!

Any chance of having the 'Newest Item' section linked to a page which lists all of the newest items in chronological order? I love to see what's new but how will I know what I now need after I look at the first 4 items? :p

We do have a "newest products" section on the front page here: https://www.kegland.com.au/

I think the issue is it only displays 4 products and quite often we are uploading 10-20 products in a day so some products dont even get seen. Do you think it would be better if we made this section display 20 of the newest products?

We do have a "newest products" section on the front page here: https://www.kegland.com.au/

I think the issue is it only displays 4 products and quite often we are uploading 10-20 products in a day so some products dont even get seen. Do you think it would be better if we made this section display 20 of the newest products?
Yes - I do the same... or just a view more button?

Shoot a warranty request over to Kegland, mine seals perfectly, even without the screw in it.. There is probably a seal in there thats not quite right on yours.
Warranty request sent. Cheers.

I think at least this would be better, I’m often checking to see what’s new!

Hi,

I just got an email saying that the flow control ball lock disconnects are in stock but when I go the website it still says out of stock and due for restocking tomorrow (Nov 30). What's going on?

Thanks,
Tom

Sorry about that. The website updates with in sock and out of stock items all happens automatically now. This can sometime be a bit annoying if we get a small number that come into stock then sell out straight away as it's only a small number as everyone gets the notification email. We do have a larger number of these arriving into stock on the 30th December 2018.
https://www.kegland.com.au/flow-control-ball-lock-disconnect-flow-restrictor.html

Latest posts

Back