Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the new website except it won’t recognize my password and I’m now locked out. And it’s Friday...

If you are having an issue like this can you please call us and we will fix this up over the phone for you. We are still sorting out a few bugs with the new website so we apologise for this inconvenience.

ROFL, I can't remember who posted "out source to India and you get what you pay for" but it would appear they've gone from one Indian dev to another, and are paying even less.
Seriously if you are an online entity with no "store with a door" surely your main focus would be your web site? Dunno maybe I'm missing something?

We are using a local Australian company for the development called Digital Agency, eCommerce Web Design Melbourne, Sydney | Mitash

We have several members of his team working on the webiste now so we will have quite a few improvements by the end of the week.

The one which is starting to bust my chops is trying to wait for everything I want to order to be in stock at the same time. The freight options are pretty expensive so trying to cut down on that is important, but geezlus waiting for three things to be available at once makes herding dyslexic cats through a pack of rabid dogs look like child's play. If only we could reserve an item until it comes into stock.

If you get any really strange freight prices can you please email us and we will look into it. If we have an incorrect freight price we will get it fixed fairly quickly for you. I was under the impression that our freight prices were pretty sharp but if there is an issue with the freight calculator that you email us about we will get that sorted out ASAP.

i am looking at getting a mini keg, ive noticed that both the flow control Disconnect (in stock date??) and FC nukataps are out of stock.
Is there any preference or Pros/Cons for having Flow control happening at the disconnect rather than at the tap?

Incomparable. One is a small, artisan craft brewery with very few product lines, and I'd imagine they're manually managing delayed/combined shipping.
The question was "Are the any other home brew sites that have that facility?" and the answer is yes, no-one mentioned comparable.

Well, they're not actually a home brew site. And to be fair they do have a very small product line to deal with, like sixfignig said. I don't expect KL to run off and implement everything we spurt out here, but thought it might be helpful if it's a workable system. Maybe not at their scale, though.

i am looking at getting a mini keg, ive noticed that both the flow control Disconnect (in stock date??) and FC nukataps are out of stock.
Is there any preference or Pros/Cons for having Flow control happening at the disconnect rather than at the tap?

If you are putting the tap directly onto the keg there is really not much difference at all. The FC Nukataps are probably slightly more ergonomic to adjust with one hand in this application. With the FC ball lock disconnects it's a bit more difficult to adjust mid-pour.

Well, they're not actually a home brew site. And to be fair they do have a very small product line to deal with, like sixfignig said. I don't expect KL to run off and implement everything we spurt out here, but thought it might be helpful if it's a workable system. Maybe not at their scale, though.
Fair call, I was really just pointing out that it is doable.

Not my pictures... this is where I got the idea from!

View attachment 117594 View attachment 117595

Thanks for your input on this subject guys. As a result of your input we have just finished the tooling for this part that is getting manufactured now and will be available in a few weeks time:

https://www.kegland.com.au/floating...304-stainless-for-fermzilla-or-kegmenter.html
We did try a few of the standard ones from China that you guys suggested but none of them were quite perfect so we made some new injection moulding tooling so we could make this product. We wanted to make it easy to adjust the position of the float. This makes it easier to adjust the desired dip tube intake height. So if you have a recipe that has a lot of floating junk at the top you can use the top loop and this means the pickup sits lower in the liquid.

We also made the barb suitable for the silicone dip tube or other common 5mm-6.5mm ID tubing used by home brewers.

We were really hoping we did not have to make more injection moulded tooling but the existing ones available were not quite perfect.

Thanks for your input on this subject guys. As a result of your input we have just finished the tooling for this part that is getting manufactured now and will be available in a few weeks time:

https://www.kegland.com.au/floating...304-stainless-for-fermzilla-or-kegmenter.html
We did try a few of the standard ones from China that you guys suggested but none of them were quite perfect so we made some new injection moulding tooling so we could make this product. We wanted to make it easy to adjust the position of the float. This makes it easier to adjust the desired dip tube intake height. So if you have a recipe that has a lot of floating junk at the top you can use the top loop and this means the pickup sits lower in the liquid.

We also made the barb suitable for the silicone dip tube or other common 5mm-6.5mm ID tubing used by home brewers.

We were really hoping we did not have to make more injection moulded tooling but the existing ones available were not quite perfect.

Looks like these would be able to fit into your mini kegs too, any chance of a smaller designed float for use in those?

Is it possible for you guys to develop a solution to dry hop in an all-rounder (or similar vessel) without having to open the main lid? You could modify the top end of your Carbonation Cap Tee Piece to have a small screw in funnel opening to allow dry hopping with minimal o2 ingress.

Not a huge fan of the new website
  1. Search is difficult to use and brings up items that are not relevant
  2. You have the same items across multiple categories
  3. Cart shows as empty until additional item is added
  4. Agree with others comments around challenges of being able to order everything at once rather then having to split it up. Maybe as others have suggested allow out of stock items to be ordered and then have everything ship at once?
  5. Cleaning and packaging list cut off in Microsoft edge (pic attached)
  6. On tablet it takes you directly to the category you select to see the drop down list
  7. Shopping cart won't let you remove items easily when you are on a tablet
  8. Really easy to accidently add items multiple times when using a tablet as the quick view popup covers the add to chart option

Attachments

• 2020-05-13.png
    2020-05-13.png
    395.6 KB · Views: 37

**** yes - thanks!

Will your Nukatap Flow Control Tap fit your Stainless MFL Tap Shank Adaptor? Looking for a portable solution.

Hi Kegland Guys,
Two Questions. 1. Are there plans to add a 1.5"TC with 1/2"BSP Female to your range? 2. what are the chances of getting the older Style Neoprene Keg lid seals? Being much more pliable they seal much better on the older "less perfect" kegs, than the silicone and EDPM.

Cheers

@KegLand-com-au

Probably stupid question, is it possible to buy just a refractometer case, pipette and little screwdriver without buying a new complete unit? i just lost the little pipette and lost the screwdriver soon after i bought it.

@KegLand-com-au

Probably stupid question, is it possible to buy just a refractometer case, pipette and little screwdriver without buying a new complete unit? i just lost the little pipette and lost the screwdriver soon after i bought it.

I use a new little pipette every brew. I think I picked up 100 off ebay for like $3-5 or something. This was a couple years ago, but they are super cheap.

@KegLand-com-au
What's the story with the G20? In stock date keeps slipping back - now 29/05, but was due in April at one stage. I've been holding off doing my next brew day until I can replace my window ac based unit (I can't recommend enough not to bother with this approach), so curious as to the cause of the delays. And more importantly; is the current due date is accurate? Otherwise I'm back to the window AC cooling monster with the disturbance that causes to the surrounding suburbs and need for its own bloated coal fired power station.

Hey there KegLand/Community, this may be premature, but I would be really excited to know when we can expect the next generation of Brewzillas (Gen 4) and what people are hoping/expecting to see in the next iteration?

Back