Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very tidy Logman!
Thanks! Quite chuffed with my effort :p.

Any plans for a drip tray?
I keep going backward and forward with what to do about it. I've seen various solutions ITT with something hanging down from the collar but that seems to stick out from the freezer a bit - I thought maybe just a 40cm tray with back and two screws into the freezer to hook it onto - much like what most use on a fridge. Bit worried about sinking the screws into the front of it - is that OK in the front of a Fisher & Paykel?

Bit worried about sinking the screws into the front of it - is that OK in the front of a Fisher & Paykel?

Yeah I would not be drilling into the chesty either. Maybe hang one from the collar?

Yeah I would not be drilling into the chesty either. Maybe hang one from the collar?
I think that might be the best idea at this point, it would be pretty infuriating to hit something in the wall.

This makes me wish I had a smaller welder. A small chromed rack that pokes into the collar and hangs down would be sweet - and not too thick. I would imagine the timber supports are going to poke out a bit.

I wonder if some good quality double sided tape could support some sort of light plastic shelf and tray on it. I don't want to rest the glass on it, just catch the foam...

I wonder if some good quality double sided tape could support some sort of light plastic shelf and tray on it. I don't want to rest the glass on it, just catch the foam...

This was precisely what I was going to suggest. I have 3M "VHB" double sided tape in my work car and at home. Hands down the best commercially available double sided tape. Not exactly cheap, but WELL worth it. I would absolutely bet you'd be able to even sit your beer glasses on there after filling...

Here

Nev

edit: Speedie typing again... and added link ;)

Boronia New Brewer... How much was then Tap? What do you use as gas? and what size keg do you use?

Cheers Tim

Here's my el-cheapo kegerator...

$50 ebay bar fridge.
Tap tower was a birthday gift. (would have been cheap even if I had to pay for it myself $49 delivered from mashmaster)

This was precisely what I was going to suggest. I have 3M "VHB" double sided tape in my work car and at home. Hands down the best commercially available double sided tape. Not exactly cheap, but WELL worth it. I would absolutely bet you'd be able to even sit your beer glasses on there after filling...
Fantastic - I think that's cosmetically the best solution. Maybe a small plastic shelf and an aluminum tray with holder would be the shot.

Work_In_Progress.jpg

My work in progress. Starting from the outside and working in.
Freezer Chalkboard inspiration from Vlad the Pale Aler.

Might be a case where cheap is best as it would be very light - does anyone know of a plastic tray like this that doesn't have the curves?

345lymo.jpg

QJ7012 magnetic tool trays from trade tools is what I'm using for drip trays at the moment the large one 300x110

Bit of an update.

Gave it a bit of a stain and added a bottle opener.

IMG_5475.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

IMG_5473.jpg

Looks awesome Hydroboy, nice staining and the pics to go with it :)

Thanks! Quite chuffed with my effort :p.

I keep going backward and forward with what to do about it. I've seen various solutions ITT with something hanging down from the collar but that seems to stick out from the freezer a bit - I thought maybe just a 40cm tray with back and two screws into the freezer to hook it onto - much like what most use on a fridge. Bit worried about sinking the screws into the front of it - is that OK in the front of a Fisher & Paykel?

I put two screws into some plywood the same size as the splash back on my drip tray and then stuck that to the chesty with double sided tape - the plywoods not going anywhere but I can remove the drip tray to wash it.

05052011084.jpg

I put two screws into some plywood the same size as the splash back on my drip tray and then stuck that to the chesty with double sided tape - the plywoods not going anywhere but I can remove the drip tray to wash it.

And with the drip tray in place

05052011085.jpg

I was undecided if i wanted a chesty or a all fridge/freezer after seeing those pics i now i know what i want... Looks nice hydroboy

Looks like a good solution Andrew, I like the idea of nothing hanging out from the fridge when you take the tray off. I thought of a shelf stuck on with double sided tape and a light tray on it, but I get the feeling that sooner or later someone's going to bump into it with the tray off. Might go the way you did :icon_cheers:

Finished this a couple of weeks ago. Can't believe I have beer this good in my house. I just got out of hospital a week or so back and am on a cocktail of drugs so can't really drink and there is three perfect beers in there - torture! Not that I'm not sneaking in one or two :ph34r:

I'll give your beer a good home... :lol:

Latest posts

Back