Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cortez, can I get some details on how you've hooked up the beer engine? I see you've got the non return valve in there - what size beer line are you using? I've got some crappy bunnings tubing which fits' over the valve stem, and then have to step it down a few sizes to match the beer line on the disconnect. Any details would be most helpful. Really like how you've mounted it to the side of the collar.

Cheers Cortez. Why going through an open keg when you've got an aspirator? You should be able to pull through the beer out of a keg. I can with mine.

Cortez, that is about the same size freezer I am looking for. Obviously it is a F&P but can you tell me what model and size it is please?

Moved, unfortunately. Still have the same setup, but the bar is next to the kegarator. Not the same sort of....ummm... 'romance' as the old setup, with kegs downstairs, and beer on tap upstairs. Loved, and continue to love that house, even though we're having to rent it to someone who doesn't appreciate good beer -_-

Cheers

Cheers Cortez. Why going through an open keg when you've got an aspirator? You should be able to pull through the beer out of a keg. I can with mine.
When we have IBU Real Ale Fests I usually bring my beer along in a keg and open the lid and drop the hose in

I know the beer will be finished on the day so I'm not worried about it going off

Carting the aspirator + gas bottle around is frowned upon by fellow IBUs

When at home I'm run the aspirator

Cheers

Great shots Cortex and Nick!!

I have recently rigged up the same model F&P but was only silly enough to take only some crappy phone pics of the build.. :(

I went an extended warranty so had to come up with a way not to screw into or mod the the freezer to void the warranty..

Sat and thought...

GOT IT!

Strap the collar down with ratchems wrapped below! Need a warranty claim, un strap, refit lid, call repair man! B)

BTW: Went a hardwood collar and got the HW shop to plain the seal side smooth..

Anyway, some shitty phone pics:

IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

Have sinced gone 3 Perlicks and the gay mighty skull tap handle! :unsure:

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

Takes 6 kegs, 3 pouring, 2 back up, 1 chilling for filtering... best thing I have ever done!

Has anyone heard of using a upright freezer instead of a chest freezer as a kegerator?
i've been offered a free upright freezer and am keen to get into kegging

Yes, should work fine with a temperature controller. Just make sure it's not a model that has fixed shelves, as these will be the cooling lines.

Cheers

Well, i went to pick up the freezer, but it was pretty old and rusty
luckily the bloke also had a fairly new fridge/freezer unit he was giving away for free too
he reckoned the compressor was making noise and dying, but i got it home and turns out the circulation fan was scraping on it's housing (took 2 seconds to fix that)
it's only big enough to fit 2 kegs, but that's more than enough for me :D
i guess i'll be posting up my progress with it in the coming weeks!

My setup.. just need to get hold of a CO2 bottle.

001.jpg
CO2 Plumbing

002.jpg
C02 line entering frigde wall to NRV

003.jpg
CO2 manifold. Back two outlets have since been changed to elbow fittings

004.jpg
Room for two.

005.jpg
Kegs plumbed up

006.jpg
Rear of the taps

007.jpg
Cant work out how to tidy up the beer lines yet :(

008.jpg
Exterior

009.jpg
Thermometer added for good measure. (Pun intended).

Brewing Cousin.. really neat setup... love the way you have used the thermometer.. Looks greats. Was it tought to do? This is what im wanting to do once ive picked up my fridge...

Back