Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Clint i will try it out.
Cheers to kegging beer!!!

Parko.
Hey Parko,
I can't really advise how long on the temperature side of things, however if you gas them up and bleed the oxygen out with 3 short bursts (by pulling the pressure relief valve) they should keep for a long time. The only things that could make the beer go off are oxygen and heat (provided that you sanitise correctly).

Cheers

Clint

You could also try posting below the quote instead on top of it.. no biggy, just sayin!

And OT - your kegged beer will last ages, although the hops will change character, the aroma will fade over the first 3 months or so.. and the balance of the flavour will come of age at the same time... but as for being unsafe to drink you have atleast 18 months - the above comments on sanitation and bleeding o2 dependant.

:icon_cheers:

So the itch needed to be scratched!

First modification completed on the keg freezer, added two more taps, a fan and put the gas outside - much better now!
Before shot here in this post in the thread.

20110322_wiseman_0004.jpg
20110322_wiseman_0002.jpg
20110322_wiseman_0007.jpg

Just starting to setup my bar.IMG_0976.jpgIMG_0972.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0975.jpg
IMG_0976.jpg
It's looking a lot more promising than my beer fridge in the garage.

Mein got Felon..!!!! thats gunna look sweet...

might get of my arse and get my Bar fixed..compressors not
playing the game...

top stuff..!!

Very nice Felon. Did you do the stainless top or have it made for you? Who ever did it has done a hell of a job. From the couple of pics it looks flawless.

Drew

One of my good mates made it for me. He has a stainless fabrication business. Makes a lot of bench tops for labs. Also makes BBQ's and does sanitary welding for some of the breweries. He has done a magnificent job of it. Can't wait to finish it off so I can use it. He also wants it finished to load some photos onto his website when it is up and running.

So five taps but the 'keezer' only appears to fit four kegs?!?

Not criticising, it looks awesome but just wondering why?

Valid question, it fits five fine.
Previously I had four in it, two on each of the sides (the collar allows two to sit on the compresser hump) and the co2 bottle in the middle, now I have put the gas outside I can throw a keg in the middle to make five - only room for one in the middle though as it sits right in the middle of the keezer.

Thanks for the compliments!
Next on the agenda is to remove the (partially) stained outer boards and replace with possibly a full size cover, although I do have a few other ideas too but we'll see what happens.

On another note where have people sourced larger drip trays?
I've done a search here, the sponsors and other online HBS but have come up short.

I'm after a 60cm one and most that size seem to be on top bar trays and I don't want to buy one of those without seeing it first so I can work out if I can easily mount it as a door mountable drip tray.

Valid question, it fits five fine.
Previously I had four in it, two on each of the sides (the collar allows two to sit on the compresser hump) and the co2 bottle in the middle, now I have put the gas outside I can throw a keg in the middle to make five - only room for one in the middle though as it sits right in the middle of the keezer.

Thanks for the compliments!
Next on the agenda is to remove the (partially) stained outer boards and replace with possibly a full size cover, although I do have a few other ideas too but we'll see what happens.

Ahh.. collar height, sorry my derr.. again, nice work there mate.

I have 2 drip trays, one that would do maybe 3 taps - simply, a good mate who worked at a pub snagged it for me.

And the other came with a keezer setup I bought...

So, I reckon, if you know anyone in the pub/club industry or a mate who frequents a drinking hole ask them to plant a seed for ya! Most pubs gear, including beer mats, drip trays, taps, handles etc are supplied by the reps who visit them trying to get another tap over to there brand... So are pretty giving!

Just a thought!

Keep us posted on and if the replacement boards happen!
:icon_cheers:

My turn (at long last!). I put a lot of thought into my system and I'm extremely happy with it.

It's a 200 litre chest freezer which I picked up when a major retailer had a " cost price plus one dollar" sale, so less than $300 for something which I now see advertised at close to $500.

My batch size is 12 litres, so I went for new 12 litre kegs over traditional 19 litre cornies. OK, they cost $100 compared to $60 for the second hand, but I had the cash, they suit my brewery, every beer I brew is now portable and they sit neatly on the compressor hump.

Taps inside the freezer were driven by my drinking habits. I normally stop at one, which meant that the first pour had to be a good pour so I wanted to avoid warm taps.

The regulator has two outputs and the lines are as short as possible with flow controllers. It seems to be working well with an ale at 70kPa and a hefe at 140kPa pouring nicely side by side.

It has all been set up without having to modify the freezer, so I'll keep my warranty intact.

Oh, and the pink drip tray is my daughter's lunch box. :icon_cheers:

IMG_2213.JPG

Nice work MC, simple and effective.
Where did you get the flow restrictors? I havn't seen those type before, they work well?

UK ebay. The pound is in the toilet at the moment, so I got three of these delivered for the price of one here (the local ones are still UK made, so I didn't feel too dirty).

They seem to work well, given that I've got a 140 kPa hefeweizen coming out of an 80cm line!

Finally got the new setup complete.

Picked up the 370l F+P for $100 and it holds 4 kegs comfortably. Am running three through Perlick 525's and one on a bronco tap (the missus' brew, as it will probably outlast the other 3 kegs)

Pretty happy with it :)

new_fridge.jpg

UK ebay. The pound is in the toilet at the moment, so I got three of these delivered for the price of one here (the local ones are still UK made, so I didn't feel too dirty).

They seem to work well, given that I've got a 140 kPa hefeweizen coming out of an 80cm line!
Hello,

Do you have the name of the ebat seller.

Regards

Graeme

Back