Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I'd post my work in progress kegerator setup here that I've been working on the past few months.

I'll start with some in progress pics along with a rendered view of it I did in Maya. Ignore the timeframe text in the pics, as you can see it was a garage full of crap to begin with. I did this along with the help of my retired builder father.

Renovations_Inside.jpg

These pics are little old, I've since got the TV and TV stand ($25 from ebay :p) I will get a couch in there as soon as we buy a new one for inside the house (the old one will go out into this new beer room)

Room_02.jpg

Room_01.jpg

I still have yet to put the mirrors on (maybe tonight I'll do that) and then I'll look into getting a nice stainless steel driptray.

The cupboards and benchtop came from Ikea, the kickboards had to be custom built to get it over the height of the kegerator, and I've simply just drilled 2 holes through the bench big enough to fit the beer lines through, with some styrofoam between the bench and the top of the kegerator to fill the small gap. I also painted some moisture sealant around the inside of the drilled hole to prevant moisture from the fridge getting into and wrecking the benchtop. I've just drilled a hole in the side of the cupboard to the left of the kegerator and run the gas line in to a Co/2 bottle inside.

It should hopefully all be ready and complete in time for my 30th in 2 weeks, for it I've got a friend (Bill8o on AHB forum) doing a nice all grain fat yak clone and I'm doing some fresh wort kits, a smokey\chocolatey amber ale, a hefeweizen and a lager wort kit with american ale yeast dry hopped with nelson sauvin hops.

That's flash as !

Batz

Nice room but what happened to the roller door?Is it still there looking from the driveway or did you brick it up?

Andrew

Someone has good taste....That is beautiful work wetwired.
You may have convinced me to have a chat with SWMBO about our tax return...

we closed in the front where the roller door was, it was a 2 car garage and we actually put that roller door at the back of the 2nd garage so you can get easy access through to the back.

That is one sweet room.
Looks awesome well done

Hi all,

I just wanted to announce the completion of the bar I have been building for the last few months, and to show you all a few pics. It's a 10 tap flooded effort with prep bench and a serving bench, but since pictures tell a thousand words I'll shut up and let you see for yourselves. At any rate, I'm pretty proud of my efforts seeing as I'd never used a circular saw in my life.

Costs were approximately $400 for wood and other materials, $120 for a dozen lockable castor wheels, $800 for the font and all the taps, $350 for the fridges second hand, and about another $400 for things like glycol, a pump, plumbing parts and lines etc. So not cheap, but it's not small scale either. All it needs now is some bar stools and a name. Suggestions are welcome.

Tom

20072009116.jpg

20072009118.jpg

20072009121.jpg

Top work Tom. Any more pics from behind the bar? Where are you running the glycol from?

wetwired - nice and flash bar area mate.

Well I was happy with my 2 tap set up in the lounge room, till now, freaking awesome room wetwired, and just as awesome tomtoro.

Top work Tom. Any more pics from behind the bar? Where are you running the glycol from?

Good question mate. It turns out that the logistics of getting enough fridge space to chill 10 kegs and getting enough freezer space to keep a reservoir big enough for 10 taps worth of glycol was a fair nightmare. In the end I have had to settle for a compromise. I have a chest freezer on the bar tender's left that has a fridgemate and keeps 6 kegs of beer cold. I then have a freezer on the bar tender's right that is running as a plain freezer (see photo below)

20072009135.jpg

The idea is to serve 6 beers cold at any one time from the fridgemate freezer, but then the other 4 taps have to be taken up by stuff that will be stored at room temperature and served over ice. The plan at this stage is for a keg of ginger beer, a keg of cider, a keg of post mix cola, and a keg of post mix lemonade. These will all sit under the bar in the area around the freezer on the right.

I understand that serving such drinks at room temperature is not ideal, and will mean less co2 will be disolved into them, but it's a price i'm willing to pay.

Other than that, the glycol sits a bin-like contraption in half of the freezer on the right with an aquarium pump connected to some hoses that complete the system.The other half of the freezer is occupied by a couple of whole rumps, a few kg of bacon, a few kg of sausages and several bags of ice, all for just in case.

20072009132.jpg

Due to height constraints under the bar and because it made plumbing the lines easier in the end I have actually removed the original lids from the chest freezers and replaced them with some very snug fitting wood and foam substitutes instead. They are actually very well insulated, and are clearly fairly airtight or else i'd have some major frosting issues inside the freezer.

As you can also see from the top photo, the freezer on the right is intentionally placed only partly under the bar. This is so that the other half of that freezer (the side with all the meat and ice in it) can be accessed easily without having to move the bar (or the freezer). To aid this I made the lid for that freezer in 2 pieces so that the bar tender can very easily get to the meaty goodness underneath, or get quickly to the ice on top for serving any of the room temp kegs.

20072009137.jpg
(note that the top 2 bags of ice have been removed for the photo)

It was not considered necessary for the bar tender to need that leg room anyway.

Hope that answers your question.

Guys,

Where do you guys get all of your awesome fonts?? I've seen the cheap tower ones on ebay, but i guess i'm being picky.

What im after is either a (minimum 4 tap, prefer 6) T-shaped font or a U-shaped Font :icon_cheers: . If U-shaped i'll prob just air cool with ducted cool air from within the freezer blowing in one end.

if anyone has access to/has one for sale, i'd be interested.

Am also considering manufacturing my own if economically viable. Has anyone build their own before? There is a couple of resouces on the net but not a lot.

Cheers

Leary

Guys,

Where do you guys get all of your awesome fonts?? I've seen the cheap tower ones on ebay, but i guess i'm being picky.

What im after is either a (minimum 4 tap, prefer 6) T-shaped font or a U-shaped Font :icon_cheers: . If U-shaped i'll prob just air cool with ducted cool air from within the freezer blowing in one end.

if anyone has access to/has one for sale, i'd be interested.

Am also considering manufacturing my own if economically viable. Has anyone build their own before? There is a couple of resouces on the net but not a lot.

Cheers

Leary

Send GMK a PM, the 5 tap font I scored off him was brand new and a very good price, then sold my 2 and a 3 tap font that he sold me second hand some time before.
Nice bloke that'll see you right.

Oh and none of the second hand fonts I bought off Kenny needed re-plating like I've seen on the font threads of late!

Batz

Leary, I bought mine off another fellow AHB member by the name of DickoACT. Four pour Andale in excellent nic with 4 DA taps, reconditioning kits for the same, new line, collets and everything else I needed for $500. Worth sending him a PM to see if he has anything at the moment, I know a few other members have purchased fonts from him as well with excellent service

Well, here's my humble three keg set-up :D
Before:
before....jpg
and after:
after...jpg

I live in Moorabbin, hence Moo Bar! :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back