Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At a guess I would say that it was done by a router, correct me if I'm wrong Gregs.

Also what chest freezer did you use Gregs, and how many cornies can you fit?

Farside.

The freezer size is 500 litres and I have 9 kegs with room to spare, the unit will hold 13 kegs but who needs that many. The reason I have 9 is I batch brew at 60 litres at a time and have 3 flavers on the go at any one time. Cheers

Pics of my finished freezer

Photo0007.jpg

sav that is one smik looking coller mat, well done. cheers gregs

I can see that the fron tand rear of the taps is more than likely a router, wish I had one!! Can't tell about the top where the lid comes down though, looks like the wood is slightly thinner with a kind of lip sitting on top of thicker wood. If you get my drift.

It's an F & P freezer, slimeline I think as mine is the same. Also looks the same size as mine, which is 215 litres. It would fit six cornies if I had a sweet looking collar like that!

Eric; here are some drawings of how I built my collar, the fist one is the circular saw cuts and the second is how I set up the router for the taps, I hope this helps. cheers.

View attachment Drawings_Kegerator.bmp

After much thought and preparation, and a mere three trips to the hardware store during the day, my beer fridge has been promoted to keg fridge with taps! :D

fridgetaps1.jpgfridgetaps2.jpg
fridgetaps3.jpg

No kegs inside just yet, but nothing to put in them anyway, so waiting patiently. 3 fermenters churning away in preparation. I've left room for a third tap, just in case I get greedy. I have a feeling that 3 cornies will fit in there.

If I can give any advice in the spirit of 'pay-it-forward' it would be that the seals are a b!tch to get right, and mine weren't even close with the screws under hand-tightening - a power tool is required. Oh, and make sure you get the right size hole saw... I may have been given incorrect advice (one trip to the hardware store was just for an appropriate file). <_<

Many thanks to whoever had the masonite idea - it certainly looks better than the old door mount, which was in such a state that if you put your ear to it, you could hear it begging to be ripped out and put out of its misery.

Now to finish building my stir plate...

Hello all, Finally after a little work and collection of goods, I have finished(for now) my Kegerator... :D

The 1st Picture is the Initial Paint Job I had given my $10 Fridge off Ebay and was using Bronco Taps to begin with..
IMG_0232.JPG

These are the Pics of the Finished job after today... Paint was Hammer Finish Black, Nice piece of 450x300mm Foggy perspex for Splashback, 2 SS Perlick Taps and a 350mm Long SS Drip Tray.. :super: I also bought a couple Faucet Spout Plugs to put over the end of the tap to keep the shit out(great for $1.90 each)...

IMG_0280.JPGIMG_0282.JPGIMG_0283.JPGIMG_0284.JPGIMG_0285.JPG[attac
hment=28870:IMG_0288.JPG]IMG_0289.JPG

My Fridge hold 4 kegs and I have 3.5 metres of Beer line running for each keg and it poured perfectly right from the start.. :beerbang: I have spaced the Taps enough to be able to put in another 2 if need be, but will be very happy with 2 for now.. I may even save some money on Electricity aswell by not opening the Fridge all the time to pour from the Bronco Tap...

Cheers
:icon_cheers: CB

Attachments

• IMG_0286.JPG
    IMG_0286.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 33
Farkin awesome CB. Love it you know this means you HAVE to have a brew day, do you you?

Love the perlick taps :beerbang:

Cheers Chappo

Good to see it together CB, shame to see the print go though. I do like the perspex splashback.

Cheers
Gavo.

Where's your photo's Gavo? You must near setup by now mate?

Cheers

Chappo

Yeah its up and running but I need to make the handles yet (trying to get hold of some sheoak, otherwise they will be redwood) and I want to make a timber front for the fridge with a shelf for a removable drip tray. Probably a flash for the shed though. I have a modified shelf system and room for three kegs and the 6kg CO2 bottle.

Cheers
Gavo.

Yeah its up and running but I need to make the handles yet (trying to get hold of some sheoak, otherwise they will be redwood) and I want to make a timber front for the fridge with a shelf for a removable drip tray. Probably a flash for the shed though. I have a modified shelf system and room for three kegs and the 6kg CO2 bottle.

Cheers
Gavo.

Hey I've got some black sassafrass (I think that's right?) which would be ideal the grain is tight and sexy, oh and the colours are like tan marbled ebony. I know it's a protected rainforest tree but I got my hands on it legit. Anyways how's about I get enough to ya for my handles and yours?

Cheers

Chappo

Farkin awesome CB. Love it you know this means you HAVE to have a brew day, do you you?

Love the perlick taps :beerbang:

Cheers Chappo

Thanks Chappo, PM is coming your way in relation to Brew Day.. :ph34r:
Good to see it together CB, shame to see the print go though. I do like the perspex splashback.

Cheers
Gavo.
Cheers Gavo, did you like the print? That took me a bit, but thought it was a little tacky.. Sorry, would have liked to have caught up a little more when you were up but just needed a little more notice, was great to catch up again though... ;)

CB

Hey I've got some black sassafrass (I think that's right?) which would be ideal the grain is tight and sexy, oh and the colours are like tan marbled ebony. I know it's a protected rainforest tree but I got my hands on it legit. Anyways how's about I get enough to ya for my handles and yours?

Protection won't help it if it's already dead will it? Your on Chappo.

Cheers Gavo, did you like the print? That took me a bit, but thought it was a little tacky.. Sorry, would have liked to have caught up a little more when you were up but just needed a little more notice, was great to catch up again though... ;)

No worries CB I usually don't find much time to spare when only on hols for a week anyway, Maybe next time you could e like a tourist and come and have a few beers on the balcony. Not really tacky.

Now to satisfy some curiosity here are a couple of interior pics.

gallery_7987_470_53067.jpg

Now those aren't really xxxx and the TED's are my brothers and he wouldn't take them back home. Thinks he is doing me a favor.

Anyways there it is I will post up the pic's of the front when I get it hoe I want, that could be a while.
gallery_7987_470_17445.jpg

Cheers
Gavo.

Cool Gavo.. That looks a massive fridge?? Does it still hold 4 kegs with the door lining still in and the Gas bottle gone? Really like that shelving to the right.. :super:

:icon_cheers: CB

Yep it will still hold four kegs with the lining still there although I would have to make a small cutout where the two chamois are sitting. Fridge/Freezer is a 480 litre that was a year old when we were first married, it is now 21 years old. It has survived three moves and some storage time.

Cheers
Gavo.

Back