Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes true, i think with these there in the back lining but good thought..... The freezer section would have to be moved too!!!

Lucky i'm a fridgie i suppose...
:lol: No need to listen to me then... haha

But now that you've outed yourself, prepare for the bombardment of advice requests to arrive in your inbox... <_<

:lol: No need to listen to me then... haha

But now that you've outed yourself, prepare for the bombardment of advice requests to arrive in your inbox... <_<

Fridgie in training...... phew nearly put myself in it?? :huh: Thanks Bonj

im looking at learning to be a fridgey as well but probably not the best time to?

Fridgie you say huh? Hmmmmm? Keep you PM box clear is all I can say?

Retro fridge really needs a custom Candy Apple Red paint job with retro flames... Yeah that's what I talking about! B)

Keep up the good Pharsyde! And keep us posted!

Cheers

Chappo

Fridgie you say huh? Hmmmmm? Keep you PM box clear is all I can say?

Retro fridge really needs a custom Candy Apple Red paint job with retro flames... Yeah that's what I talking about! B)

Keep up the good Pharsyde! And keep us posted!

Cheers

Chappo

Yes a deep candy apple red with chrome accents is the go Chappo, will keep you up to date......

PHARSYDE

Yes a deep candy apple red with chrome accents is the go Chappo, will keep you up to date......

PHARSYDE

:super:
Re-chrome the handle max $25, flame job up the side and have silver pinstripes...

I have been wanting to do up a retro fridge for ages for my bar. New fridges just don't float my boat.

Chappo

:super:
Re-chrome the handle max $25, flame job up the side and have silver pinstripes...

I have been wanting to do up a retro fridge for ages for my bar. New fridges just don't float my boat.

Chappo

Now if i could also incorporate a lcd screen built into the door and live sport channels i would be set.... :icon_drool2: hehe

Now if i could also incorporate a lcd screen built into the door and live sport channels i would be set.... :icon_drool2: hehe

Oh yeah now we're talking! :icon_drool2: I was gong to suggest cutting a little door into the big door so that the taps and tray could slide out when needed and then retracted when not in use. I thought that might be a little over the top but I guess not now LOL!

Chappo

PHARSYDE,

Something else you may consider, I have one of those old retro fridges (Pope - painted black) and I have my tap and drip tray on the right handside and the gas line coming in from the lefthand side.

Cheers,

Mossy

PHARSYDE,

Something else you may consider, I have one of those old retro fridges (Pope - painted black) and I have my tap and drip tray on the right handside and the gas line coming in from the lefthand side.

Cheers,

Mossy

True Mossy, that maybe the way..... Wheres the pics of yours??

PHARSYDE,

I'll put one up tomorrow morning. It saves spoiling that magnificent old front door with the big Pope emblem on it.

Cheers,

Mossy

PHARSYDE,

Here are the pics of my currently dirty old Pope fridge with the tap on one side and the gas inlet on the other plus a look inside.

I angle the 2 kegs back at the base as sometimes I put the gas bottle in the fridge with the kegs.

Cheers,

mossy

P1090648.jpg

P1090649.jpg

P1090651.jpg

P1090652.jpg

yellow.jpg

Mossy what vintage??? love the handle . Wierdly I have just purchased a yellow retro fridge (westinghouse) and I remember years back my dad had his dads beer fridge which is also sprayed yellow his was a kelvinator tho...

Katie,

I don't know what year the old girl is but she certainly keeps things cold.

G'day, been lurking for a while and finally heading towards a kegerator setup...

I purchased the following Ansett food/drinks trolley for $250.
trolley%201.jpg

trolley%202.jpg

trolley%206.jpg

it also came with the following gear inside it:
trolley%203.jpg

trolley%204.jpg

trolley%205.jpg

Bit of a bargain assuming it all works, nothing has been hooked up but list price from Engel is about $800 for one of those units..

Runs on 240V AC, 24V or 12V DC which is pretty sweet. For most of the time it will be plugged into the wall, but can run on a car battery if needed for taking outdoors for BBQs or camping.

Once the chiller is all fitted it will hold 2 kegs, gas will be external until I get a small gas bottle just for pouring...

Hopefully I can get my A into G and get it all fitted up in the coming weeks, I've had a keg in the fridge out in the garage for about 6 months that needs tapping haha

Still tossing up keeping it all original on the outside, tap mounted thru the door with a drip tray, or giving it a full re-paint...

The top is a little worse for wear being thin aluminium and the sides have a few dings in them so I'm thinking of re-doing the top with some 1.6mm aluminium plate and maybe some rails so glasses/munchies/etc can sit on top without falling off, for the sides I might try to find some decent insulation that isn't too thick so I can increase the efficiency of it.

The doors will need better sealing but that shouldn't be too much hassle.

Let me know what you think, if you have any ideas, etc.

Cheers!

PHarsyde,

IF you didn't want to molest the external look of the fridge, and lets face it, these things look awesome when restored, could you install a false door inside the fridge to mount the taps.

I don't have a pic to illustrate the idea, and i don't know if you have enough room to do it and fit two kegs. But the idea would be to leave the door as it, then open the orginal door and you would see a false door, with taps and drip tray mounted on it. This would serve a few purposes:

Taps would stay clean and cold
Fridge stays unmolested/looks cool
Fridge would still stay cool if you repeatedly opened the door, as the false door would keep the cool in.

Just another idea (all be it a little more complicated) to consider.

Cheers SJ

I've been working on moving my kegging setup from a fridgemounted-taps setup ...
P1010712.JPG

to a full bar setup...it's still a work in progress...
bar.jpg

the font is chilled with glycol which is pumped via a pond pump in a resevoir in the freezer...
font2.jpg

and the glycol lines, which still need to be insulated, go through the wall into the garage/brewery where the keg fridge sits. the glycol resevoir is in the freezer section of the keg fridge. this keeps all of the plumbing out of sight...a fully plumbed in sink section will sit in this space so the lines will be concealed...
glycol.jpg

and this is the keg fridge, there is still room for 2 more kegs...
kegs.jpg

now i just need to fit the sink, add some shelving underneath the inside of the bar and we'll be done!

So when's the brew day Hughman? It's been way too long.

If you don't already have a sink, let me know and I'll grab you a freebee from a kitchen rip-out.

Back