Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was the same, held 3 x 19ltr kegs and the 9ltr keg with the lining in, but just wouldnt fit 4 because of the Butter compartment, so just put in a new lining... Miss the bit of Door Shelving though.... :(

:icon_cheers: CB

Gentlemen,

Some nice rigs coming home to roost!!

[Sorry, didn't wanna quote and waste room.. in fact I better delete my sig too!! :lol: ]

CB: Seriously awesome mate - I don't know art but I know that is one NICE piece of kit!! Awesome.... Love the splash back...

Gavo: Nice fridge, 480!! 4 Kegs! good work... love the shelving too ... man that will end up quite the beast me thinks.. well done!

Chappo: :p

I could squeeze four kegs in mine and run the gas external but I am yet to brew enough and drink that little that I could justify having more than 2 taps.... 2 is good, will have 3 - any more than that and you are brewing to often and drinking too little!! :p

:beerbang:

EDIT: CB, how cool is that sticker!!

OK time I posted a few pics of my set up.

the_bar_001.jpg the_bar_002.jpg

I wanted that 'rustic' look so I made the bar from pine garden poles and sleepers,a little stain and varnish and some old corrugated iron.The top is a Camphor Laural slab coated with liquid glass.The whole bar cost me very little to build.

the_bar_003.jpg

The freezer sits under the bar, I bolted a couple of planks of timber to the top.This makes it look better and also gives the font some grunt to attach to,otherwise it would wobble a bit as it a five tap, flooded job and fairly heavy.

the_bar_004.jpg

So I can load and unload kegs I made the bar top with hinges,this is a recent change and by far easier than what I did previously.

the_bar_006.jpg

Freezer open.

Batz

nice on batz. sexy purple tap handles ;)

i want that wonder exlier poster!

Hey Batz, I have that same Cannabis extract exlier poster!!

Found it at an antique shop last year, had to have it!

Batz,

Love that Hobgoblin Print... :beerbang: "Whats the matter Lagerboy, afraid you may taste something" :lol:

Batz,

Love that Hobgoblin Print... :beerbang: "Whats the matter Lagerboy, afraid you may taste something" :lol:

I have a few different Hobgoblin posters, lots of metal signs as well.
Bet nobody else has a mirror like this one ! I found it in a second hand shop and the guy so wrapped someone was actually going to buy it, he had to ask where the hell I was going the hang such a hideous thing. I've got the perfect spot I told him :lol:

the_bar_025.jpg

Mirror mirror on the wall, I promise never to brew a wheat beer at all

Batz

Looks nice Batz - what is the height and depth of the bar if you can remember?

It's 1100mm high and 560mm wide at the slabs widest point.
I took a tape down the local pub to measure up the bar and stools hight :lol: The stools were made by a Gympie guy and only cost me $40.00 each,anyone who's been to the bat-cave can vouch on the weight of the buggers.

Batz

It's 1100mm high and 560mm wide at the slabs widest point.
I took a tape down the local pub to measure up the bar and stools hight :lol: The stools were made by a Gympie guy and only cost me $40.00 each,anyone who's been to the bat-cave can vouch on the weight of the buggers.

Batz
Is that width including the chesty?

Is that width including the chesty?

No the freezer sticks out quite a bit more that the bar.This works quite well for pouring and serving beers.

Batz

I'm going "out on a limb" here, but it seems every "home bar" is generic in design -an area for the "Barman" with stools on the other side of the Bar.

How come no one has designed a self-serve bar with nice wooden bench up against the wall with backwards facing fonts to do self serve?

This could save about 2 sq M of floor space for a Barman to stand in that never got the job in the first place!

I'm going "out on a limb" here, but it seems every "home bar" is generic in design -an area for the "Barman" with stools on the other side of the Bar.

How come no one has designed a self-serve bar with nice wooden bench up against the wall with backwards facing fonts to do self serve?

This could save about 2 sq M of floor space for a Barman to stand in that never got the job in the first place!

I find that apart from the introduction beers, I rarely stand behind my bar.
Funny but there's always a few bar men/ladies willing to take on the role, I'm happy the hand over the bat-bar to willing hosts.You will always find a person willing make his/her way to behind the bar.

Batz

I guess it's just the traditional way - I'm trying to design mine which will have the barman behind with the taps (and glasses and other alc bottles) and the punters on the other side. One way I look at it is just like a table so that people can actually go on either side.

I guess it's just the traditional way - I'm trying to design mine which will have the barman behind with the taps (and glasses and other alc bottles) and the punters on the other side. One way I look at it is just like a table so that people can actually go on either side.

Your bar your choice hey?

Batz

Your bar your choice hey?

Batz

Absolutely true.

We have a screen room on the back of the house with a bar and beer fridge. We sit on both sides of the bar, beer fridge is close by.
Also houses a spa and a pinball machine and a tv. No reason to leave really.
This suits us fine....others have more traditional type bars....depends on where you live as well...we live outside, with a patio heater for the cold nights.. not too many of those though.
We are also retired, and left all the "collectible" stuff behind... no posters on the walls. Many moves ago..it happens.
Point is what ever works for you.
A pic of the bar.
Pics of the fridge on our site...
http://www.tigereye.net.au/bluedog/equipment.html

Cheers,
Bud

bar__1_.JPG

Here is my keg fridge, which is in our kitchen.

The taps are Lancer taps but I have replaced the Tooheys New and VB tap handles that came with them with the Speights and Speights Old Dark handles that a mate managed to score for me in NZ. Thank god he did as being a kiwi boy I couldn't live with the New and VB handles :)

Actually I have also just scored two Goesser tap handles from Austria. Can't wait for them to arrive.

Cheers,
Doc

Hey Doc,

Kiwi here too, from Napier.
Love the Speights handle, very nice.

Kev

Latest posts

Back