Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is that from the ebay store in melbourne selling them for $550? Hows it go

Sure is, but I got it direct off them, not through evil-bay. One of my taps has a slight leak after I pour a beer, but I think considering the price I wasn't expecting top of the line taps. I bought it simply because it was a complete set up (minus gas of course), and was cheaper than any other reatailers that were selling the fridge with no taps/font. I'll be up-grading to real celi's when these taps shit themselves.

Thanks, GL. Sounds like a good idea. I love the bamboo drip tray you've got. That's awesome. I was thinking about making an outdoor bar with a bit of a tropical/polynesian theme. I love that stuff.

Hi Bonj

Mine is tiki style, multiple ute loads of bamboo and some recycled jarrah like this.

barwide1.jpg

Love it. I'm a Tiki fan too. I wish I had the space for a little tiki hut like that.

Love the hut mate, top work. How do you access the back were the kegs are? Is it just a chesty?

....and a couple of upright all fridges. The serving one is up on bricks and hard against the bamboo wall so there is only 30 cm of beerline between the fridge and the tap.

servingfridge.jpg

I'm with you on that one. Put the taps on a wall, put the fridges behind the wall, maximum entertaining space actually inside the bar. Its all self serve at my place.

SWMBO reckons those outside taps remind her of Gilligans Island.

It is an awesome setup though GL. Love the masks over the taps too...

My new kegerator.

Originally had a 2 tap fridge, but as SWMBO now likes me to make a cider i am upgrading to 4 taps.

Only 2 taps at the moment (space for 4 once i order the rest) but the freezer holds 6 kegs with space on the hump for bottles and yeast.

I clad it in Jarrah off cuts from the front verandah and stuck bottle labels to the top, coated with a clear floor lacquer.

019.jpg

016-1.jpg

So im pretty stoaked about the way this is turning out

Kleiny

^^^
Yeah and also how did you attach them? Just liquid nails or something?

No problem with heat exchange as i kept the vents clear on the opposite side and the back is not covered.

The boards are attached to the collar at the top (where the taps come out and to another collar on the bottom which also has the wheels screwed to it. All segements are glued together with PVA

Great setup there GL! :super:

You may like the tap handle I carved (with more on the way, when I get the time):

tiki_tap_progress2.jpg

img_6789_600w.jpg
Bonj, they look great!! Can you do some Maori ones?

Bonj, they look great!! Can you do some Maori ones?
Thanks eric8! I have more planned, but lacking the time right now. I'd love to do some Maori ones, just have to do some research on style etc..

^^^ If you do manage to get some time to do some I would love to see em Bonj!
:icon_cheers:

I'll post up pics of any more that I do. My goal is at least 3 so I have one on every tap. I have already roughed out my design for the second one, but you'll have to wait for it to be finished :p

Here's how my new keg fridge is coming along so far...

Covered_and_drilled_open_from_front_right___14092009.JPG

Outside_gas_cylinder_and_gas_line_in___14092009.JPG

Will just be running off an old beer gun for the time being. Taps, neon sign... all in time. :icon_cheers:

Back