Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keeged up a beer tonight and i have (for the first time) 3 kegs in the fridge.... im so excited....now the only question is which beer now.

I feel like a bit of cheat with a brought one after seeing some of the awesome hand made set ups on here. But hey it pours my beers so I'm happy.

PA040411.JPG

I feel a cheated by building my own ... and you can just buy that!.. HAHA!

Nice, love the sign!

BTW: Did you get back to the tap in time to stop pour from the photo?!?

Me reckons it was a little bit of full drip dray you had to deal with!

:icon_cheers:

hey people
here is my setup
it is in the building stage i have got a lot done this weekend
it is a work in progress
PA040006.JPG
PA040007.JPG
PA040009.JPG
The chest freezer in the backround is what will fit in the frame
it is a little high at 1600 plus wheels and a top but hey it works
i am thinking of a white mini orb or alukabond front with a RGB led strip acros the front
any suggestions welcomed

Cheers

Nath

^^^ This from felten.
BigW sells the Coopers kit on special regularly for about $65. Get that, a can of Pale Ale and a pack of BE2. That's BigW out of the way. Then off to the local HB shop where you can have a chat, grab some flyers and buy ONE thing, a pack of US-05 yeast, it's the red packet. Ditch the can yeast (use it for pizza dough), practice strict hygeine, and control your fermentation temps, try for around 20C. It might not be "the grail", but it's close enough, and this is just your first go. IMO this will turn out a reasonable beer first up, and you can do the same thing with the can of "lager" that comes with the kit another time.
Most important of all.. enjoy both the process, the learning, and the end result.
ed:spelink
Hi Nath151,
Not yet got around to building the bar, that is sometime soon, so will watch what you do.

Here are some pics of the freezer, font set up to go with the bar when I can build it. I have had it running since May. but have some pics on the freezer unit.

Lots of help here from MHB in Newcastle.

FNL

DSCN3522.jpg

DSCN3530.jpg

I went to Bunnings yesterday to suss out some materials and buy some pots for my hops. They have some sort of pre-fab pine table top slabs there. About 20mm thick. They came in different sizes and would make good cheap easy bar tops.

I've been looking pretty hard for something decent and this has been nice and cheap and easy. I'll get one and probably stain it to try and make it look more of a cherry colour.

BTW: Did you get back to the tap in time to stop pour from the photo?!?

Me reckons it was a little bit of full drip dray you had to deal with!

:icon_cheers:

haha it does look like its on. Thats just the reflection of my floor on the font.

Just thought I'd show everyone my recently completed keg setup.

300lt freezer with fridgemate controller (fits 6 kegs on the floor). Redgum slab for the bar top, finished with a satin floor polish. Custom stainless steel 6 tap font with 4 Celli taps for beer and 2 of the cheaper Dorado brand Celli rips off's for soda water and spirit mixes.

Photo112_copy.jpg

Photo111_copy.jpg

Custom laser cut drip tray.

Photo110_copy.jpg

My brother works in steel fabrication and has access to a laser cutter so was able to get the drip tray cut for free. He also did all the fabrication of the font.

Cheers.

Wow.

I have so many questions haha.

1 - Can your brother make me a custom drip tray at a reasonable price?
2 - How much did you pay for the slab? How did you fix it to the lid of the chest freezer (actually is the lid even still on?)
3 - Is the slab not covering a bit of the corner (front left?)
4 - Are you going to finish off the front and sides of the freezer? I'm going to do a similar thing to you but have mini-orb wrapped around it to hide the white goods.

TOP EFFORT mate, love it.

That Font and drip tray are brilliant ... Absolutely Brilliant

Tom

Wow.

I have so many questions haha.

1 - Can your brother make me a custom drip tray at a reasonable price?
2 - How much did you pay for the slab? How did you fix it to the lid of the chest freezer (actually is the lid even still on?)
3 - Is the slab not covering a bit of the corner (front left?)
4 - Are you going to finish off the front and sides of the freezer? I'm going to do a similar thing to you but have mini-orb wrapped around it to hide the white goods.

TOP EFFORT mate, love it.

Thanks guy's

1 - Sorry, can't help you there Mark. Unfortunately the laser cutting was a one off favour for my brother, I could only get one sheet cut and only made my drip tray, one for another mate, one for my bro and then two other smaller ones that I still have spare and am considering selling.

2 - Slab was free, that's another hobby that my brother and I have. Old freezer lid has been removed, the existing hinges are then attached directly to the bar top. The underside of the slab has been insulated with foil backed foam.

3 - Slab does cover the front left corner, just. The camera angle makes it look worse. Slab was only just wide enough to fit, was the largest slab we had available.

4 - Still considering how to finish the sides of the freezer, was also considering the mini-orb, but feel it has been done a bit to death and am sort of over that look. Was also considering cutting some more of the same timber into thin boards and using them to cover the freezer, was just a bit concerned about overdoing the timber look. Also considering stainless sheet.

Cheers.

4 - Still considering how to finish the sides of the freezer, was also considering the mini-orb, but feel it has been done a bit to death and am sort of over that look. Was also considering cutting some more of the same timber into thin boards and using them to cover the freezer, was just a bit concerned about overdoing the timber look. Also considering stainless sheet.

I'm thinking some semi rusty galv roof sheets to make it look rustic. If it was outside otherwise blackboard paint. I'm a fan of blackboard paint.

That Font and drip tray are brilliant ... Absolutely Brilliant

Tom

Every bit of it is brilliant.
Mate, well done to you and your brother.
It is a job well thought out and executed.
I love good work.
And I know (even if we can't see the small detail) that every bit of it would be top notch.
Just so well done.

Cheers,
Bud

300lt freezer with fridgemate controller (fits 6 kegs on the floor). Redgum slab for the bar top, finished with a satin floor polish. Custom stainless steel 6 tap font with 4 Celli taps for beer and 2 of the cheaper Dorado brand Celli rips off's for soda water and spirit mixes.

View attachment 31744

View attachment 31745

View attachment 31746

My brother works in steel fabrication and has access to a laser cutter so was able to get the drip tray cut for free. He also did all the fabrication of the font.

Cheers.

Just awesome mate. Hop Grenade is a nice touch. Should send a photo in to the boys at BN they would love it B)

View attachment 31744

View attachment 31745

View attachment 31746

Cheers.

OMFG!!

I don't know art but I know that is kick arse!!

Good work Slim...

:super:

That is one nice looking setup Slimshadey. Bloody awesome. I want one now.

Pok

Also considering stainless sheet.

Every now and then something special pops up!

Brushed stainless with a matching wood skirt, although polished SS will better match the bar-ware and require extra maintenance!

this is one i did while i was off work sick . It took me about 10 hours to build and paint . As you can see im a beer pig :p

17092009_002.jpg

TinyPick_042.jpg

Latest posts

Back