Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some amazing stuff on this thread, now I finally have a digital camera, I will add my humble set up to it.

Cheers
Homer

Bar_01.JPG

Bar_02.JPG

Bar_04.JPG

Bar_07.JPG

Another good looking setup there homer. Outdoor bars are the way to go in this country.

Humble? That's freaking awesome. Oh so many taps, choices choices

Humble? That's freaking awesome. Oh so many taps, choices choices

Thanks guys - my only problem is I can only fit 5 kegs in the chest freezer ATM (6 when I get a bar freezer for the flooded font to hold my water tank), but I have 7 taps!!! :D

and I might need a gas manifold one day too! :p

Bar_Freezer_01.JPG

Bloody awesome setup. What model of freezer is that? The slimsline 215L or the 216L one?

Oh right, I just bought the 275L one (slimline) H275X.

I think it will hold 6 kegs without a collar or 7 with a collar, I haven't really spaced it all out yet though. 7 with a collar could probably be 7 + gas as well as there would be a space left but not big enough for a keg.

These are wider than yours but only come out from the wall 55cm.

Oh right, I just bought the 275L one (slimline) H275X.

I think it will hold 6 kegs without a collar or 7 with a collar, I haven't really spaced it all out yet though. 7 with a collar could probably be 7 + gas as well as there would be a space left but not big enough for a keg.

These are wider than yours but only come out from the wall 55cm.

sounds good, went I was planning my bar I never thought I would need more than 6 beers at once, so what I got fit my purposes fine, until I got my second flooded font from a mate! Once I move the water container out I might get seven in but it will be tight as - either way I think I can survive.

Cheers
Scott

You could also get two smaller kegs (9L) and stack them on top of each other, and put more 'special' beers in them, e.g. a heavy stout or something you wouldn't drink as much of. That way your taps all have beer in them. Nothing sadder than a wasted tap!

Just thought I'd show everyone my recently completed keg setup.
DAMN!!!!! that is nice :icon_drool2:
must be one of the nicest set ups ive seen! even. i was never really a big fan of font set ups like that, but now...i might have to change my mind. well done.

You could also get two smaller kegs (9L) and stack them on top of each other, and put more 'special' beers in them, e.g. a heavy stout or something you wouldn't drink as much of. That way your taps all have beer in them. Nothing sadder than a wasted tap!

Not a bad idea at all, but if desperate I have the 7th tap set up so I can put a keg in an insulated barrel chuck in some ice and it will be sweet all day, the barrel fits in the door near the chest freezer perfectly

besides if I am buying more kegs then I have to get big ones, those little ones seem like a rip off to me! <_<

I also have a celli tap, coming out of my fridge in the garage that holds 3 kegs if i really require more beer :D

Cheers
Homer

I thought I might add a couple of pics of my bar.
It has only taken me about 5 years to complete :lol: due to moving house and other family committments.P1010002.jpg

P1010001.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010006.jpg

I will get around to doing some work on the wall behind the bar one day.
I think this is one of those projects that never finishes.

Cheers

dicko and homer - bloody top jobs. The setups look fantastic

dicko and homer - bloody top jobs. The setups look fantastic

+ 1

Those setups are incredible...im so jealous...i get the keys the new place in 8 days.....first thing i do is build a bar similar to those...outdoors of course :)

Good work boys!!!

Hey Guys,

Some pretty awesome setups, I've eventually finished mine.
See below
Beer_fridge.jpg

WOW!!! all these setups are awsome :beerbang:
This is my mobile unit that i built, so i can move it around the house or the shed,holds four kegs with the collar.
just need to make a rack for glasses in where the co2 bottle is.
thanks to peteoz77 for the perlick taps
the freezer was free from a mate at work who's kids broke one of the hinges, so i ripped the lid off and made my own.
IMGP2510.jpgIMGP2508.jpg
IMGP2520.jpgIMGP2521.jpg
IMGP2522.jpg

Back