Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very neat...!!!
Interested.... tell me. why the taps so close and one sided....?

Hi KoNG

This freezer is in our kitchen - unlike it's ugly older brother (under the house) Unfortunately I have no Bar.. so this project to be successfully passed by the finance department had to be neat and unobtrusive. Taps are close together and offset for 2 reasons.
1. To Only obstruct one Keg (that is CCing).
2. So the drip tray can be small(unobtrusive to finance dept.).

Kitchen.jpg

:icon_cheers:
Chris

Personally I would have had the Fosters pouring the cider :p
But it's from the UK and the fosters there is nice. Plus it is a HIT tap so if the head isn't quite right from the pour, just push the button on top for a top up.

Now I know who's been snipping all the beer font auctions on ebay.

All purchased early last year from ebay.co.uk - if you check now there are heaps on there again and all going really cheap.

Chris - that setup is very nice. Blends in really well with the kitchen. Top job mate.

Hi All

First post..... Just like to say thanks for everyone posting their photos.... there's some beautiful beer fridges, some works of art and well just some plain old functional jobs as well - all have contributed to ideas. Anyway here's my effort.
F&P 215L Freezer, ETC - 300 temp controler mounted in compressor space, 110mm collar, enough space for 5 kegs plus gas.
View attachment 25378
View attachment 25379

Drip Tray comming soon!
Looking flash there, Chris. Well done.

Bang up job, every kitchen in Australia should have one... so unobtrusive how could anyone's SWMBO complain!

Kids with busy hands may pose an issue though!

Bang up job.
Thanks Raven19

and

Thanks all!!!!

I plan some locks to keep out the kids!!! and some mates with what many would call a drinking problem!

Chris

Chris, that is great. Had to enlarge the pic to see where the taps were (thought they were on the fridge to start with)

This a mates set up (was on another thread) but I reckon it's worthy of a spot in here. I set up a 3 tap font kegerator for him as I wasn't complete without it IMO...

gallery_9761_435_28716.jpg

gallery_9761_435_46817.jpg

He is a sparky but take a close look at all the neon/light signs that he has. There's also a retro space invaders table top arcade game and a pinball machine. Both sit inside as they are too expensive to leave outside but do come out at party time. The Drum seating there in the foreground were plasma cut steel drums that he had galvanised. Anyway enjoy I know I did!

This a mates set up (was on another thread) but I reckon it's worthy of a spot in here. I set up a 3 tap font kegerator for him as I wasn't complete without it IMO...

<snip>

He is a sparky but take a close look at all the neon/light signs that he has. There's also a retro space invaders table top arcade game and a pinball machine. Both sit inside as they are too expensive to leave outside but do come out at party time. The Drum seating there in the foreground were plasma cut steel drums that he had galvanised. Anyway enjoy I know I did!
That looks awesome.

farrrrrrrrkinell! That is superb! Love the old red 50's style dining booth hidden away to the side too. Im gob smacked!
Cheers
Steve

This thread is awesome, spent two nites reading through the whole damn thing looking for ideas, skimmed over some bits and looking at pix mostly but it took two nites. Some of you guys have put together such drool factor stuff, makes me want to delete my post back in the first few pages.
Be good to have another thread like this but everyone only posts once with some pictures and a brief discriptions, no banter or questions allowed. Be a good thread to drool over.
Might get this thread pinned to the top aswell since any thread with 50 pages should deserve it.

Anyway just got my new kegerator operational, ebay 300l new world 300 for $150, now its proberly 20-25 years old and who knows if it is really even worth that but it is 300l and supposedly in exellent working order so it was worth every cent too me. Fits 7 19L kegs even without a collar. Thats if you have shorter rheem/firestone whatever they are ones on the hump.
I put a collar on it for 50 bucks so i could mount all manner of things, thats $50 from home hardware so a hardware store thats not actually a rip off I'am sure could be done cheaper. My carpentary skills are second to only a beaver in that all I'am good at is piling a few bits of wood together. Lesson learnt for others with equally bad carpentary skills and no real tools is if i had my time over i would get the hardware store to cut the wood for the collar for you, as having few beers and getting out the handsaw doesn't do the best of job for a real nice flush fitting angle(but it will do the job.)

I am going five taps, ATM its only three, the old side bangers and a brumby with the creamer action i have had for years. But come friday hopefully my new perlick and celli will be here to join them, a big thanks to the stimulus package for that (for everything really). Also got a single tap font that i will mount somewhere, proberbly make a ledge to the side so the top of the lid is free.

Its still got a ways to go before its perfect, can't afford a gas manifold really so its two hand fulls of tee pieces for the gas lines ATM, wood collar is not sealed yet.

This post is getting too long sorry especially for something like this which is no where near in the league of many others here so heres some pics. Gunna be going with the old american pick up truck grey metal primer look like one of James Hetfields guitars.
Its looking good next to the fermentator just need a bar to go around this end.

SANY0336.JPG

SANY0339.JPG

I better add my new kegorator - be it now 4months old

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_1004.JPG

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_1006.JPG

Cheers
JSB

Nice!

I've got the exact same setup. Same freezer, same manifold, same taps (albeit all 6 are Ventmatics).

Looks the goods!!

cliffo

holy shit that is the best one I have seen in a while Chappo. It will make mine look like a chook shed when it's complete.

Latest posts

Back