Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweet jesus JSB how have you been? that thing is a cadillac, the brumbys' are looking out of place on each end though.
WOW is all i can say. Have to have a session in and around that one day i feel, name a day :chug:

This a mates set up (was on another thread) but I reckon it's worthy of a spot in here. I set up a 3 tap font kegerator for him as I wasn't complete without it IMO...

gallery_9761_435_28716.jpg

gallery_9761_435_46817.jpg

He is a sparky but take a close look at all the neon/light signs that he has. There's also a retro space invaders table top arcade game and a pinball machine. Both sit inside as they are too expensive to leave outside but do come out at party time. The Drum seating there in the foreground were plasma cut steel drums that he had galvanised. Anyway enjoy I know I did!

I'm gunna buy me one of those when I get a divorce :ph34r: :lol: . That is awesome.

Brad

I got inspired on the weekend and finally finished my chest freezer conversion.

Kegerator.JPG

It turned out alright I reckon

Jez

Certainly gets the award for the world's largest collar! :)

Top work. Where did you score the Wells tap?

haha, yep it's certainly a collar & a half :lol: Wasn't sure how high to go. It's a bit of overkill but I wound up needing the extra height for the brackets for the beer engine to attach to.

I got the Wells pump clip from ebay along with a Brains Bitter and a Theakstons Old Peculiar. The beer engine I got from Grumpys.

View attachment 25810

Jez

Tis' lovely, was gunna go that height with my collar because it would have allowed me to fit my two 50 litre kegs on top of another but in the end I thought it would be just too hard reaching in and out too stuff around with everything plus getting the kegs in and out. As is I have cubes on the hump for clearing and I can just reach in down to the tap to take a sample.
Off course you couldn't lift a 50 litre keg in anyway but my plan is too ferment in two seperate 25-30l fermentors and rack into the keg when its in the freezeranator.

Have half the collar is built for that size but when I sized it up on the freezer is when I came to the above conclussion.

Anyway nice work Jez.

As for Chappo that tooheys new sign takes the bar down a peg or two on the wow factor :lol:

I don't know about top of the class but I'll do the school nurse :eek:

View attachment 25810

Jez

That looks sweet. How have you set up the engine to pull from the kegs? I'm in the process of hacking some keg lids to use a 1/2" bulkhead fitting so I don't have to pull through the beer out post. Nice looking pump clip too - reminds me I need to go through mine to pick out some goodun's and then sell the rest.

This a mates set up (was on another thread) but I reckon it's worthy of a spot in here. I set up a 3 tap font kegerator for him as I wasn't complete without it IMO...

gallery_9761_435_28716.jpg

gallery_9761_435_46817.jpg

He is a sparky but take a close look at all the neon/light signs that he has. There's also a retro space invaders table top arcade game and a pinball machine. Both sit inside as they are too expensive to leave outside but do come out at party time. The Drum seating there in the foreground were plasma cut steel drums that he had galvanised. Anyway enjoy I know I did!

Imagine that you would never have to get a cab home again...

You know I kind of like the Tooheys New sign... we may not like it but Tooheys is part of Australian Culture....

I love that bar...

yeah i agree katie, the tooheys new sign makes it feel more like a pub! just dont drink it and there's no probs!

:lol:
Said mate wants me to brew him a Toohey's New clone!!! Just can't figure out where I can get that qty of cats p#ss from? The RSPCA just hang up on me... <_<

His obviously going for the country feel... country pub with out Tooheys....

reminds me.... last year sometime going for a walk... you can't get a more loyal beer drinker then...

IMG_0337.JPG

A VB drinker in Freo - blasphemous. Where's the swan draught sign?

...I thought it would be just too hard reaching in and out too stuff around with everything plus getting the kegs in and out.

Have half the collar is built for that size but when I sized it up on the freezer is when I came to the above conclussion...

Thanks Jase. You're right - It is a bit of a pain lifting things in and out. If I did it again I would prolly do what you've said & use a collar half the size.

Currently have Smurto's Golden Ale on tap - tastes absolutely delicious! The bottles tasted good but on tap is something else entirely.

And now that I have celli's I can see what all the fuss was about. They're bloody marvellous.

Jez

Back