Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing spectacular, but I thought I would show it off anyways. Thanks to everyone for sharing their pictures and advise, it has been invaluable.

Cheers

Sully

beer_fridge.jpg

Nice one Sully. :icon_cheers: Are you coming to the Xmas Swap?

InCider.

Nothing spectacular, but I thought I would show it off anyways. Thanks to everyone for sharing their pictures and advise, it has been invaluable.

Cheers

Sully

Nice Setup Sully
I think a chest freezer will be my next purchase, im finding myself requiring more than 2 kegs already ........
and it seems that my tap cooling system is working a little too well ie frozen ber in the tap ....Doh :unsure: .

Nice one Sully. :icon_cheers: Are you coming to the Xmas Swap?

InCider.

Thanks...

I would like to but dont have anything to swap atm, major drought happening here :( ... count me in for the next one though. Would like to meet a few fellow brewers from here.

Nice Setup Sully
I think a chest freezer will be my next purchase, im finding myself requiring more than 2 kegs already ........
and it seems that my tap cooling system is working a little too well ie frozen ber in the tap ....Doh :unsure: .

definately the better option going freezer IMO. this one can fit 4 kegs comfortably, 5 in a pinch without the baskets. If you have one in mind, send me the dimensions of the floor, without the hump, and I can draw it up in CAD and let you know how many it will fit.

Cheers

Sully

Sully,

Don't need to be in the swap to attend. It's definitely one of the best gatherings of the year. This will be my fourth swap, but only the second at Casa de Sqyre...

Check out the WIKI for the details!

Go on, you know you want to....We'll even let you spoon with Incider..... ;)

Cheers

Go on, you know you want to....We'll even let you spoon with Incider..... ;)

With an offer like that how can I not be enticed to go...

Where do I sign up as a tentitive attendee, will have to beg for a 'get out of jail free' card for the night which shouldn't be a problem, but will confirm by the end of the weekend.

Might whip up an Oatmeal Stout :icon_drool2: or Mocha Stout :icon_drool2: on stout gas :icon_drool2: for the event if all in favour.

Cheers

Sully

All in favour say "aye"

AYE!

Will be a pleasure to have you along sir! Bring your drinking helmet and gloves..... (And chook-proof clothing...) <_<

Only other requirements as a newbie are:

1) Wear strong underwear. PM Lobsta if in doubt.....

2) Drink like a crazy person

3) Post in THIS thread, the official 2008 QLD Xmas swap....

4) Keep this shit ON TOPIC... Some stupid people on here tend to post ranting random comments after a few late-evening beers (Surely Not!) :icon_offtopic: Guilty Your Honour....ahem.....

5) The most important... Learn the words to Khe Sanh.... See the following attachment from Bonj for the lyrics :)

View attachment 22281

And learn to head-bang FFS...don't want to be left out now do we???!??!?!?!

Cheers!

Thanks...

definately the better option going freezer IMO. this one can fit 4 kegs comfortably, 5 in a pinch without the baskets. If you have one in mind, send me the dimensions of the floor, without the hump, and I can draw it up in CAD and let you know how many it will fit.

Cheers

Sully
Thanks sully as soon as i find a suitable candidate i will let you know! :icon_chickcheers:

Keg Freezers seem to be the hot topic atm, so I thought I'd throw up a few pics of my current project.

PB090011.JPG

Got myself a "New World" 300L chesty from Ebay, it's great because there is no compressor hump. It'll handle two 50L kegs or 8 cornies

PB090017.JPG

The hole cut in the lid

PB090023.JPG

Drip tray and font chucked in just to see what it will look like. I have a pile of work left to do on it, but I need to get it done before chrissy, as the family is coming here... :blink:

Time to get the finger out....

looks good, how will you stop heat loss through the SS tray under the taps?

There's about an inch or so between the bottom of the drip tray and the inside liner, once I've done the final assembley, I'll put some expandable foam in there. Also, I'm hoping the whole theory of the chest freezer and the cool falling will help. If that doesn't work, I'll glue a sheet of Aeroflex to the inside of the lid.

That SS trim and drip tray looks fantastic schooey, where'd u get it?

there was a chick selling them on Ebay, a few mwmbers here bought bog standard drip tray from her, so I sent her a PM and asked if she had any to suit flooded fonts, turns out she did. It was too cheap to resist

there was a chick selling them on Ebay, a few mwmbers here bought bog standard drip tray from her, so I sent her a PM and asked if she had any to suit flooded fonts, turns out she did. It was too cheap to resist

Nice score! If you happen to hear from her again let me know.

I can pass on her email addy if you PM me yours, she might have some left. Her hubby was a stainless fabricator in a previous lifetime and he had a container load of stuff that they had been carting about for years and she decided to sell it all. You never know your luck...

Heres a few pictures of my keg setup. Took me a while to put together and get working properly but well worth the effort.
keg_1.jpg

keg_2.jpg

I got the fridge on a wooden base coated in marine varnish so if the fridge leaks then it wont stain the carpet (one of the many requirements of having the setup inside) but it means its only about 2 steps from the couch and tv, perfect for footy season. Its my own little bar in a tiny corner of our house.

I just bought this (allegedly 500 litres) Kegereezer on evilBay.
Just need to buy a few more kegs, I think.
Font is in the works.
soon_to_be_Kegereezer.JPG

Les

Bit of an update with the collar fitted and painteds, inside relined and the lid rejuvenated and the drip tray fitted.

PB190011.JPG

PB190012.JPG

PB190013.JPG

Hope to get the new cladding and castors on it tomorrow and get the font set up over the weekend and start putting it to some good use... :D

Back