Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate,

That looks really nice with the font, taps and bar top but I personally would maybe match the body of the freezer with the awesome look of those floorboards on top, it would look even better if you did that. Maybe throw on some foot steps or something.... ;)

Thanks clean brewer.

I plan to cover the hinges with 3 more boards and do something with the body. Haven't quite worked out whether to paint, use wooden panelling or corrogated iron.

Unfortunately, adding a foot rail would make it to wide too get inside the side door. Though it would look good.

Cheers :D

class setup there kenlock. I reckon some corrugated iron would look the business on there. That top looks really flash.

class setup there kenlock. I reckon some corrugated iron would look the business on there. That top looks really flash.

Thanks Bonj. I still give it a stroke every time I go to pour a beer. :D

You could always put a hinge on it so that it tucked away when you were moving it.

Now there's a plan! The base would cope with that. B)

After watching with much envy :icon_drool2: all the great kegging set-ups owned by members of this site, I finally have a bar to show off. :icon_cheers:

Mate,
Looks great, nice job, well done. Nothing better than tap beer at home
biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Bud

Is that really a 700L chest freezer?

Ive got a 300L one that fits 6 kegs. I thought a 700L would be heaps bigger than that.

My 320 fitted 6 kegs,bugger just died :(
Scored a 500,that takes 10 kegs!... :party:

Batz

Good looking setup- luv the portability.

For the sides I'd go with mini-orb (smaller version of corry iron) or even checkerplate which might be easier to fit due to its flatness. You can even get that checkerplate look from Laminex which could just be glued on. Keep the pics coming, looking forward to see how it ends up

Thanks clean brewer.

I plan to cover the hinges with 3 more boards and do something with the body. Haven't quite worked out whether to paint, use wooden panelling or corrogated iron.

Unfortunately, adding a foot rail would make it to wide too get inside the side door. Though it would look good.

Cheers :D

Yeh, just something to bring out that great look from the top, taps etc..

Maybe some wood up and down on the corners and corrogated for the surface of the front, back and sides would look the bomb. :icon_cheers:

Mate,
Looks great, nice job, well done. Nothing better than tap beer at home
biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Bud

Thanks. Nothing better! :D

Good looking setup- luv the portability.

For the sides I'd go with mini-orb (smaller version of corry iron) or even checkerplate which might be easier to fit due to its flatness. You can even get that checkerplate look from Laminex which could just be glued on. Keep the pics coming, looking forward to see how it ends up

Thanks, can't for summer, a few mates and beers under the stars.

Mini-orb - that's version of corro I was thinking (now I know it's name, thanks). Laminex would easier to attach, plus different looks. Will check out the options. Will post when completed.

Cheers boys!

Dont forget the exterior of the chest freezer is what the condensor transfers it's heat to, to dissapate into the surrounding air. you start puttiing somthing like vinyl over it you will reduce it's efficency. the mini corry would be the most covering I'd give it.

Hey Kenlock nice set up, :rolleyes: your font from were and what sort of $$$$ as iv just started doing the same at the moment getting prices

Cheers monkale

Hey Kenlock nice set up, :rolleyes: your font from were and what sort of $$$$ as iv just started doing the same at the moment getting prices

Cheers monkale

The font I got off ebay for $72. The taps and snap lock adapter I had to buy new. Gold is more expensive but looks great. There are a number of fonts that get on ebay (and here from time to time) or if your in the know 2nd hand from pub renovations. Andale gave me a wholesale price when I went in personally to get four taps and fittings. AHB sponsors are a good place to start for prices.

OK, checked the internal (as opposed to external) dimension ~1230x530x710 so approx 460L. Even with the hump it will fit 10 kegs. Sorry capacity wasn't correct :blink:

Anyway, I'm still proud of my creation! (harsh crowd :huh: )
Not meant to be harsh, just didn't look twice the size of mine. Plus wouldn't want people to go out and mistakenly purchase a 700L to fit in 8-10 kegs when they just needed to get 460L.

Anyway mate - It looks top notch.

Now get a computer fan or two in there with one pointed up below the font so it's blowing the cool air up into the font.

Not meant to be harsh, just didn't look twice the size of mine. Plus wouldn't want people to go out and mistakenly purchase a 700L to fit in 8-10 kegs when they just needed to get 460L.

[qoute]Anyway mate - It looks top notch.

Now get a computer fan or two in there with one pointed up below the font so it's blowing the cool air up into the font.

"Harsh crowd" was referring to the only feedback at that stage being about the size of the freezer rather than the set-up. B) Point taken about not giving people the wrong impression. I apologise.

I have one computer in atm, just not in any pics. Great idea about pointing one up the font. :icon_cheers:

Thanks for the feedback :D

Cheers Ken

Had to share!!! Just ordered all of my kegging gear through Ross (along with a few other things - to save on postage of course :rolleyes: )

Roll on my birthday! B)

P.S, I am soooooooo happy right now, soon to be happier on the 6th :icon_chickcheers:

My gear arrived this week and I now have it all setup. All equipment through Ross + a 220L chest freezer from the local rag.

At the moment the temp probe wire is just running under the freezer seal and the gas bottle lives outside of the keg. The bottle will eventually sit inside the freezer. The second wire is a temp display with a probe inside a bottle of water to give me an indication of serving temp. And yes, I have a lot of dried yeast, it was free, don't ask...

I'll probably order another 2 kegs next week and have 2 kegs in fridge, 2 conditioning. Or something similar.

DSC04462___Copy.JPG

The setup sits in a space in the lounge room that never gets used, tucked away in the corner.

DSC04460___Copy.JPG

Latest posts

Back