Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here are the first 2 kegged brews. An amber ale and a european lager.

I love my new kegs.

DSC04455___Copy.JPG

DSC04465___Copy.JPG

Right, finally got the new beer supplier in action. Couple of little finishing touchs to do, but no majors :beerbang:

Picture_086.jpg

Picture_085.jpg

Hi All
Great forum you have here it has helped me alot over the past few weeks :icon_chickcheers: ,so a big thanks to all the regular posters with their info.
I have just set up my kegging system with all sorts of probs on the way eg over carbonating and the glass of foam :icon_drool2: but all seems well now.
Here are some pics.
IMG_0050640x480.jpg

Front view (boring i know)
IMG_0048640x480.jpg

Inside View
IMG_0037640x480.jpg

Diy flow reducer :party: I can now pour at carbonating pressure without a glass full of head
IMG_0040640x480.jpg

IMG_0039640x480.jpg

Diy tap cooler also aids in the pouring of a great beer

IMG_0053640x480-1.jpg

The result a freezing cold tap.
Thanks heaps again to the people on this forum that provided the information i needed to set this up. :icon_chickcheers:
Matt

Be careful that running your tap cooling system doesn't over work your fridge! Basically its a massive heat sink.

thats a hell of a setup but why put the tap so high?

I think a high tap will save back pain and beer wasting!

When I drink, I get PISSED and my vision is double!

Having a tap at eye level saves bending your back to watch the pour! Knowing when to let go of the tap is important to me, because I'm paying for it.

It may not be such a "yuppie" look, but I think controlling a pour is better than wasting beer!

Unless you open the freezer door and knock the tap open. ;)

But nice setup, matt. How does the tap cooler work? does it flow liquid of some sort?

Jamesboag.
What's in the bucket , Matt?
Coldbrine!?
I.e salty water....
Great work though ;)

Matti

Does your beer taste like plastic from using that sort of beer line Matt?

It looks like youve gone to a lot of trouble to get the beer to pour.

Here are some pics of my kegging setup.

Currently Two tap, lines running inside of fridge (underbar)

Plan to flood font.

any comments welcome.

DSCN0592.jpg

DSCN0602.jpg

Hi All
Great forum you have here it has helped me alot over the past few weeks :icon_chickcheers: ,so a big thanks to all the regular posters with their info.
I have just set up my kegging system with all sorts of probs on the way eg over carbonating and the glass of foam :icon_drool2: but all seems well now.
Here are some pics.
IMG_0050640x480.jpg

Front view (boring i know)
IMG_0048640x480.jpg

Inside View
IMG_0037640x480.jpg

Diy flow reducer I can now pour at carbonating pressure without a glass full of head
IMG_0040640x480.jpg

IMG_0039640x480.jpg

Diy tap cooler also aids in the pouring of a great beer

IMG_0053640x480-1.jpg

The result a freezing cold tap.
Thanks heaps again to the people on this forum that provided the information i needed to set this up. :icon_chickcheers:
Matt

Matt,

Nice job on getting the tap to freeze, got some details ? :icon_cheers:

Cheers
Yard

Stupid question for those of you with outdoor taps......aren't you worried about someone sneaking into your yard and draining them? :huh:

Stupid question for those of you with outdoor taps......aren't you worried about someone sneaking into your yard and draining them? :huh:

good luck getting into my yard :ph34r:

If they can get in, and then deal with the security officer (DOG) good luck they can drink as much as they would like.

JB, i assume that you are running a tiny fish tank pump in that bucket of glycol up in the freezer dept, does it pump all the time or is it periodic, i would think that it wouldnt be pumping all nite .
cheers
fergi

Be careful that running your tap cooling system doesn't over work your fridge! Basically its a massive heat sink.
I think it should be ok as the fridge seem to shutdown quiet often still.

thats a hell of a setup but why put the tap so high?

Well i could say its so the kids can't reach it but that would be a lie, basically i stuffed up i was a little too enthusiastic to get it running.

Jamesboag.
What's in the bucket , Matt?
Coldbrine!?
I.e salty water....
Great work though ;)

Matti
Coolant / antifreeze it seems to do the trick

Does your beer taste like plastic from using that sort of beer line Matt?

It looks like youve gone to a lot of trouble to get the beer to pour.
No i don't get a plastic taste as it is food grade line it is what came with the kegging set up.
The reason i have gone a bit over the top with the pouring aids is that i get frusterated with things not working as they should. I did not buy a kegging system to drink foam. :icon_chickcheers:
Hope that answers all of your Qs
Matt

matt, i would recommend getting some proper beerline, the inside of that tube is probably quite rough comparatively and hence you are getting more head and need a longer line,.. if you get some proper beerline you will probably only need 1-2 meters, if you use crozdogs chart in the wiki it will tell you

When I drink, I get PISSED and my vision is double!

Having a tap at eye level saves bending your back to watch the pour! Knowing when to let go of the tap is important to me, because I'm paying for it.

It may not be such a "yuppie" look, but I think controlling a pour is better than wasting beer!
Correct!! :icon_cheers:

Unless you open the freezer door and knock the tap open. ;)

But nice setup, matt. How does the tap cooler work? does it flow liquid of some sort?
JB, i assume that you are running a tiny fish tank pump in that bucket of glycol up in the freezer dept, does it pump all the time or is it periodic, i would think that it wouldnt be pumping all nite .
cheers
fergi
The cooling system is just a length of alluminium tube that i had laying around from a old fridge that i coiled aroung the tap shank.This flows coolant/antifreeze via a small $10 fish pump from big w (so ill see how long it lasts). The pump is connected to the power from the light circuit of the fridge bypassing the door switch. It does run 24/7 at the moment, however i will be putting a switch in the mix real soon.
Cheers
Matt :icon_chickcheers:

Well i could say its so the kids can't reach it but that would be a lie, basically i stuffed up i was a little too enthusiastic to get it running.

Thought that might have been the case ;) I too was keen getting my first tap in my first fridge. Got lucky tho and the freezer door cleared the tap by a mm or 2.

Back