Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Quantocks,
Just wondering what was your $$$ outlay for this setup.
I am still on bottles, hence any keg system always looks good to me!
Cheers.

$400 for the fridge, stainless drip tray, font, tap, aus std dual guage regulator, single reg, all hoses, fittings and a CUB coupler.
$180 for two reconditioned kegs
$40 for two quick disconnects
$299 for 6.8kg My Keg On Legs gas bottle
$5 keg and line cleaner

that's pretty much all you need.

Hi Quantocks,
Just wondering what was your $$ outlay for this setup.
I am still on bottles, hence any keg system always looks good to me!
Cheers.

you're in Adelaide too - a cheaper option to kegsonline co2 bottles would be the dip-tube-less fire extinguishers that are popular. there's a guy that does 5kg cylinder for $120 iirc and $25 refill (plus a couple bottles of your finest :p) if you're interested?

Hey Quantocks

Where did you get the my keg opn legs from?

Cheers

Damn Damn Damn. When you right your bloody right. I was thinking i could hold off til my GAS was almost empty.. But i made a few mistakes with rapid gassing.. and long story short.. my 3 other kegs connected all got quiet a large amount of the 1 i was rapid gasing :(

I havent tasted them yet. hoping they'll mix nicely tho :)

ps- I Ordered 4 Non-return valves from Craftbrewer.

What I did was have a John Guest quick connect at the start of the line (Most cost effective solution I could come up with). Therefore when rapid gassing you are doing 1 keg seperate to the others. Once gas and pressure is balanced, reconnect to the other kegs. 30 batchs & touch wood no probs yet.

Andrew

mmmmm, from what I've read/seen I think I'd probably need another fridge. :D
That sounds like justification to me! :icon_chickcheers:

I can finally post in this thread since I poured my own last night, mine isn't as flash a setup as most of these but here it is anyway. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to keep the MKOL bottle outside of the fridge.

kegfridge2yd0.jpg

kegfridgeyj3.jpg

No hole for gas line??? Fingers crossed drilling planned????

Will it fit 3 kegs without the gas bottle inside?

just two kegs or one 50L keg, it has a compressor hump inside it looks like. there are tubes going through I think for the refridgerant, I might see if I can poke the gas one in there too.

As Kenny keeps asking for pics and considering this wonderful thread slipped off into the 2nd page, thought it was best to actually upload some pics of my new set up.

Now it's only very new and is a very very long way from being finished, it is only a temporary set up until a bar can be made.

Anyway, the plan was to always have 6 kegs on tap, or there abouts, hopefully serving a variety of beers. At the moment there's only 1 tap connected (have all the others laying on the floor in the spare room) although I did have 2 connected briefly but quickly disconnected it after beer leaked badly from an old fitting. Chest freezer is F&P 380L which holds 6 kegs in spacious accommodation without worrying about a collar and the compressor hump. Gas is of course from a dipless extinguisher thanks to Vlad for the contact here in Perth. Reg, manifold, disconnects and a number of other bits and pieces were from Kenny - thanks Kenny for all your help and advice. Kegs, fridgemates, and other stuff from Ross - thanks for the fast service.

I need to add a collar so that the lid shuts flush and it will allow me to mount a fan as well. Currently having the problem of temperature differential between the cold bottom and warmer top causing foam if it's left without pouring for a while. Also need to build a bar and mount the other taps - Fosters, Lowenbrau, Guinness and 2 beer engines. Thankfully have 2 spare kegs so will be able to gas them up while emptying the others. Man I love having beer on tap at home.

Cheers
-cdbrown

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0001001.jpg

you're in Adelaide too - a cheaper option to kegsonline co2 bottles would be the dip-tube-less fire extinguishers that are popular. there's a guy that does 5kg cylinder for $120 iirc and $25 refill (plus a couple bottles of your finest :p ) if you're interested?

Thanks Mike, it certainly is of interest pending the minister of finances approval of course! I shall keep this in mind for the near future for sure!

I can finally post in this thread since I poured my own last night, mine isn't as flash a setup as most of these but here it is anyway. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to keep the MKOL bottle outside of the fridge.

Hey quantocks

How cold does the ebay kegorator keep the kegs/beer? I like mine very cold and this could be an option.

Also, any luck with getting the co2 outside the fridge??

Cheers

no pics yet as ive just order my setup from Ross. 6 Celli tap system for my chest freezer. Cant wait. will post pics once its set up.

Hey quantocks

How cold does the ebay kegorator keep the kegs/beer? I like mine very cold and this could be an option.

Also, any luck with getting the co2 outside the fridge??

Cheers

there's another thread on here where you can run the gas line through a predrilled hole in the fridge, I haven't had time to fully get stuck into it yet though. There's a dial at the back of the fridge, so far mine is usually keeping my kegs at about 4 degrees. I'd like to maybe even go a bit lower, as I like my beer really cold too. So when I rack beer from primary to the keg tomorrow, I'll turn the dial all the way down and let you know just how cold it goes.

After watching with much envy :icon_drool2: all the great kegging set-ups owned by members of this site, I finally have a bar to show off. :icon_cheers:

700+L chest freezer conversion which easily fits 8 kegs. Bar top is made from left over floor boards from a mate, font bought on ebay and taps from andale. I made it mobile for those balmy summer evenings ahead, and cold, wet (well they used to be) melbourne winters. :beer:

gallery_7666_359_17122.jpg
gallery_7666_359_290.jpg

gallery_7666_359_12716.jpg
gallery_7666_359_3402.jpg

gallery_7666_359_6543.jpg

There are more pictures of the evolution in my gallery.

Is that really a 700L chest freezer?

Ive got a 300L one that fits 6 kegs. I thought a 700L would be heaps bigger than that.

Would have to agree - looks more like a 400L where you can fit the 8 kegs without needing a collar. Mines 360L and if it was about half a keg longer I could get 8 on the bottom.

After watching with much envy :icon_drool2: all the great kegging set-ups owned by members of this site, I finally have a bar to show off. :icon_cheers:

700+L chest freezer conversion which easily fits 8 kegs. Bar top is made from left over floor boards from a mate, font bought on ebay and taps from andale. I made it mobile for those balmy summer evenings ahead, and cold, wet (well they used to be) melbourne winters. :beer:

gallery_7666_359_17122.jpg
gallery_7666_359_290.jpg

gallery_7666_359_12716.jpg
gallery_7666_359_3402.jpg

gallery_7666_359_6543.jpg

There are more pictures of the evolution in my gallery.

Mate,

That looks really nice with the font, taps and bar top but I personally would maybe match the body of the freezer with the awesome look of those floorboards on top, it would look even better if you did that. Maybe throw on some foot steps or something.... ;)

Is that really a 700L chest freezer?

Ive got a 300L one that fits 6 kegs. I thought a 700L would be heaps bigger than that.

Would have to agree - looks more like a 400L where you can fit the 8 kegs without needing a collar. Mines 360L and if it was about half a keg longer I could get 8 on the bottom.

OK, checked the internal (as opposed to external) dimension ~1230x530x710 so approx 460L. Even with the hump it will fit 10 kegs. Sorry capacity wasn't correct :blink:

Anyway, I'm still proud of my creation! (harsh crowd :huh: )

Back