Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice Ferret! :super:

That is some serious bling there.
Now all you hav to do is get more beer on tap. ;)

Thanks Farside.

I have just had another brew finish.. couple of days in the cube and she will be good to go...

Only one problem.. I am nearly out of my current keg!! Too easy to drink the stuff!!

Great set-up Feret.. :beerbang:

One day i'll create something similar...

Wow :super:

I knew you'd put some effort into the setup Ferit, but that surpasses anythng I was expecting - top work mate.

....& welcome to AHB.

Cheers Ross

Outstanding work Mate.
That is just a beautiful thing, and to think it will give you cold beer as well.
Life doesn't get any better than this :beer:
Cheers,
Bud

Gday,

had a bit of a cleanup in the shed and moved the bar out of the corner (too fcukn hot, dunno what i was thinking), originally seen HERE

I moved the whole show to the one and only window, grabbed a few bamboo screens etc from bunnings for a total of $45, moved the stereo to under the bar and wired the speakers through it (got the Rear L+R mounted up high :super: ).

just about ready for a brewday...

or a pi$$ up B)

nb1.jpg

nb2.jpg

nb3.jpg

nb4.jpg

thanks to budwiser for the tap handle :icon_cheers:

Cheers

Yard

Ferrit, do you have more information on how you put it together and what materials you used? I always find that information interesting.

Also the darker wood you used on the top is really nice. What is it? Where did you get it from? How much was it?

My kegging fridge setup, still having a little trouble with a good pour... <_<

Room for 4 kegs, only 1 filled thus far though!

DSCN3121.JPG

DSCN3122.JPG

My kegging fridge setup, still having a little trouble with a good pour... <_<

Room for 4 kegs, only 1 filled thus far though!

your problem was the same as mine, beer line is too short. I just replaced it with 3m of line and i'm now having PERFECT pours each and every time. Before I was wasting half a keg in the drip tray.

100kPA and it couldn't be better :)

your problem was the same as mine, beer line is too short. I just replaced it with 3m of line and i'm now having PERFECT pours each and every time. Before I was wasting half a keg in the drip tray.

100kPA and it couldn't be better :)

:icon_offtopic: Not wanting to get too off topic Quantocks, but with my Celli tap, wont this help?

I was thinking with the flow restrictor this would eliminate the need for metres of hose. Can I enquire your tap choice?

I tried dropping my pressure to 50kPa, and no real benefit. Getting only half beer, half foam at the moment. Thinking I may go the exra hose for sure... thoughts?

Cheers!

Gday,

had a bit of a cleanup in the shed and moved the bar out of the corner (too fcukn hot, dunno what i was thinking), originally seen HERE

I moved the whole show to the one and only window, grabbed a few bamboo screens etc from bunnings for a total of $45, moved the stereo to under the bar and wired the speakers through it (got the Rear L+R mounted up high :super: ).

just about ready for a brewday...

or a pi$$ up B)

nb1.jpg

nb2.jpg

nb3.jpg

nb4.jpg

thanks to budwiser for the tap handle :icon_cheers:

Cheers

Yard

Any Queenslander see a PROBLEM with the BLUE fridge with NSW on it?

:icon_offtopic: Not wanting to get too off topic Quantocks, but with my Celli tap, wont this help?

I was thinking with the flow restrictor this would eliminate the need for metres of hose. Can I enquire your tap choice?

I tried dropping my pressure to 50kPa, and no real benefit. Getting only half beer, half foam at the moment. Thinking I may go the exra hose for sure... thoughts?

Cheers!

Raven, Extra line wont help at all, the flow restrictor works better with a short line...sounds like your beer maybe well over gassed.

cheers Ross

What size is that beer line? if it's 6mm, it's about 4 metres too short. IF it's 5mm, it's about 1/2 metre too short.

What size is that beer line? if it's 6mm, it's about 4 metres too short. IF it's 5mm, it's about 1/2 metre too short.

As Ross has said, this doesn't apply with a Celli. Agree it's likely over carbed.

Dropping the pressure that you pour at can sometimes increase the amount of foam because beer needs the pressure on it to keep the co2 disolved in the beer.

As said earlier start with 3 metres of 5mm id beer line

Hi Raven, as Ross mentioned, don't worry about the extra length... i'm running about a meter from keg to tap and am now getting great pours...

It sounds like it is overgassed to me... I would try turning off the gas at the reg, give the keg a bit of a rock/shake and then leave it for 10 minutes and then vent the gas from the keg (have a teatowel handy in case it squirts). Turn the gas back up to serving pressure and then try pouring a beer... Depending on your beer temp, you will probably want 85-95kpa but there is a simple chart in one of the articles on kegging that should point you in the right direction...

Set the flow restrictor to the slowest you can while still gettting a smooth flow... this negates the need for the metres of line between the keg and the tap...

Also, a warm tap can cause some foaming at the start of a pour... I find that I have to pour 1/4 glass of foam, tip that out and then it is all good as the tap has cooled...

Once you have it in balance, then it is pretty much set and forget...

Can I enquire as to other peoples serving pressure?

Just gave the keg a shake, will vent the extra gas shortly. . .

Latest posts

Back