Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a void of about 40mm between the chesty and the cabinet.
Probably about the same if you were to find it in a kitchen fit out.

Cheers all for the kudos. So much happier that its in and done now

Big kudos once again for your absolutely excellent setup HOU5ECAT but Rototaps beat Andale every time.
Sorry about that p & c. :)

Stirring shit once again & getting under cover ready for the approaching storm. :p

Kegerator 2 .JPG

The coloured tap handles and chart remind me of my toddlers kindy room.

Makes me feel like playing Gauntlet or maybe Double Dragon. I'd break those handles by attempting special moves while pouring me thinks.

Are those the micromatic flow controls from the bulk buy a while ago? What are they like compared to other taps?

How bout a Sonic Bock?

lael said:
Are those the micromatic flow controls from the bulk buy a while ago? What are they like compared to other taps?
They are from a later BB & are great to use. They are really just a fancy ball valve with the flow being controlled by the both the flow controller behind the tap & by the actual tap itself.
The tap in this link isn't the Micromatic version but the build is the same & shows how easy they are to look after ---- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKWWqVx2Syw
A big improvement on my old Perlick 575's.

TidalPete said:
They are from a later BB & are great to use. They are really just a fancy ball valve with the flow being controlled by the both the flow controller behind the tap & by the actual tap itself.
The tap in this link isn't the Micromatic version but the build is the same & shows how easy they are to look after ----
A big improvement on my old Perlick 575's.

I have, mistakenly used the tap itself as flow control, don't do it. It just causes excess head. Pulled all the way and the dial used to control. In fact, I can completely shut flow with the dial. I often do that on the last pint of the day so I can drain the tap from forward of that (finger on spout, make the trapped liquid drip out).

Last edited by a moderator:
A little more self gloating.
Not exactly kegging, but it is in the keezer.
What do you prefer? The green or brown?
I love having commercial printers at my disposal

Further to >THIS< build, now nearing completion..

Party Keg 1.jpg

Party Keg 2.jpg

Te tap at the top is a Beamish tap, but I think I have a similar style I can sub out.. could probably just take the sparkler off yeah?

Gotta find a way to tart the whole thing up yet and disguise the 'bin' and make it a little more attractive to drink out of.

:icon_cheers:

Why make it look classy? My 'bin' worked a treat last weekend in Coffs Harbour, beach front kegging :)

image.jpg

Binerator it is!

Jeez we got weird looks walking it down to the water, then we got 'Fuk Yeah's' once they seen the cups filling up.

Finally got the kegerator set up after many years of bottling.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

I mounted the tap off centre as I plan to put in a second one eventually, I've measured the fridge and it should fit two cornys if I put the CO2 outside the fridge or mount it in the door.

Thanks goes to my mate, a professional painter and decorator, who gave up his Sunday to spray it for me. I think he got a kick out of the novelty of it all.

Cronessa said:
Thanks goes to my mate, a professional painter and decorator, who gave up his Sunday to spray it for me. I think he got a kick out of the novelty of it all.

That's what we have mates for isn't it? We give and we get, does he drink beer? I'm sure he'll be happy enough to pour a beer or 7. Be careful though red does go faster.

Latest posts

Back