Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
Not sure if this shouldt go in Ghetto..

Full Size Party Keg Setup

attachicon.gif
Willow 1.jpg

PVC pipe (Thanks Dan) and Willo Garbo

attachicon.gif
Willow 2.jpg

Size and cut to fit, slots cut for stiffeners in bottom of Garbo

attachicon.gif
Willow 3.jpg

Drilled holes and filled with expandable foam, keep gaffa tape handy to close off holes.

attachicon.gif
Willow 4.jpg

Keg fits nicely

Lid on, yet to make a "holster for Pluto gun on the side, idea is to then fit this to trolley to be able to take on the move.

Still need to add more foam and trim all the excess, but you get the idea :ph34r:
You must have been reading my mind yob, i have been looking at those willow bins everytime i wander down the bucket isle at bunnings.

You planning to go with a sodastrem bottle or a co2 bottle?

Good work, Yob. I'm still hanging on for some 300mm end caps for my pipes.

No luck so far at scrapyards or interwebs searches on eGumBayTree.com.au.

Yob said:
Not sure if this shouldt go in Ghetto..

Full Size Party Keg Setup

attachicon.gif
Willow 1.jpg

PVC pipe (Thanks Dan) and Willo Garbo

attachicon.gif
Willow 2.jpg

Size and cut to fit, slots cut for stiffeners in bottom of Garbo

attachicon.gif
Willow 3.jpg

Drilled holes and filled with expandable foam, keep gaffa tape handy to close off holes.

attachicon.gif
Willow 4.jpg

Keg fits nicely

Lid on, yet to make a "holster for Pluto gun on the side, idea is to then fit this to trolley to be able to take on the move.

Still need to add more foam and trim all the excess, but you get the idea :ph34r:
plus if the beer turns out to be garbage (which I imagine is not the case for you) then you at least have the perfect house for it.

Had 3 Perlick SS 545's, shanks, font and new manifold arrive last night, super keen to get these babies working!

Also, stupid question..

2014-05-15_1118.png

Is this just to tighten the lever and lock it into place? My levers seems to be really tight and quite difficult to turn.

others have noted previously the ss perlics are somewhat tighter than the pc so may stay that way or could loosen up a little over time.

My lever is incredibly tight too... planning on pulling the tap apart before use to clean it thoroughly and to also learn how to do it. WIll post back if it loosens or whatever in the process!

TidalPete said:
What about a framed whiteboard from Officeworks? Around $10 IIRC.

Another chance to show off my latest bling, :p
Nice balls

I think they are designed to be that tight - so that you set your flow control position and forget it, so that it does not get easily knocked. But it does loosen if you undo that side cover, although it has a seal inside it so that's there for a reason also. Wouldn't want beer pouring out the side of the tap!!!

Soaking in PBW as we speak, armed and ready to apply lube... shame I don't have any beer in kegs to pour through them :-(

I've left mine slightly loose (maybe a 0.5mm gap on the cap) and it seems to be a good compromise between requiring ridiculous force to turn (and a weird squeaking noise as it rubs on the seal) and a smooth glide.

They look sexy, now I need some bloody beer in kegs!!!

Perlicks 545SS.jpg

That could be because they are pointing the wrong way. Assemble the taps onto the shanks with the ball at the back all the way out (no flow). That should give the lever full travel and hopefully less resistance.

Got mine the other day and couldn't figure out why they were so tight but must agree with Lethal, it's most likely so you can set and forget and not worry about others knocking it......especially when your like myself living with two other guys who have not the slightest clue what is going on asides from pull and pour.

Practical, the flow control has the control ball all the way "back" towards the shank when it points up vertically. Assembling this way meant it jammed and does not have any play at all... I assembled pointing backwards as forwards as you often see them interferes with the glass when pouring and I could see friend chipping a glass being careless when pouring. The way mine is now bringing the flow control level up to vertical position seals the ball against the curved seat in the shank and should stop flow. Is this the reverse to the chrome taps?

Shouldn't be, but I did use to find them a little stiffer if mounted backwards. Might just help.

Fortunately I'm rid of the problem now ;)

Nah theyare just as stif either way I played a fair bit. You can loosen them a lot by loosening that side cap but I think that will reduce the seal. Wont really know till I have them pressurised. Will report back one day when ive got beer in a keg!! (Anyone notice a sad theme here?!) :p

Latest posts

Back