Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I love reading 147 pages of things I'm trying not to spend more money on.. :ph34r:

Does anyone have any good solutions for displaying what beers are on tap for a KK style kegerator?

hey but it's as cheap or as expensive as you like, epecially it you have an old monitor or tv (HDMI compatible) then just some cables and a Raspberry PI, one guy has even added a motion sensor to add to it. Oh and the big up grade for those with their keggerator and ferm fridge in the same spot, is you can run brewPI from the same system

I'm thinking small pieces of wood, chalkboarded. Mounted on alloy brackets cut to size.

practicalfool said:
I'm thinking small pieces of wood, chalkboarded. Mounted on alloy brackets cut to size.
do you mean mounted to each tap or something else?

practicalfool said:
I made my beer chalkboard doing exactly this. A piece of plywood painted with chalkboard paint. Mine hangs on the wall though.

If you want an even cheaper low hassle version though you could stick some of this to your kegerator.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/45x200cm-Removable-Black-Chalkboard-Blackboard-Wall-Decal-Sticker-Label-Paper-/221422016425?pt=AU_Home_Decor&hash=item338dc7d7a9

Edit: Write numbers on the chalkboard next to each beer and stick matching numbers to the taps (label maker).

chalkboard on the wall looks like it might be the simplest way to go, any complaints?

Care to snap a pic larger than your profile? :D

Wilkensone said:
do you mean mounted to each tap or something else?
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1399545480.907794.jpg

Wilkensone said:
chalkboard on the wall looks like it might be the simplest way to go, any complaints?

Care to snap a pic larger than your profile? :D
The label maker number dont really show in this photo but you can see them on the taps.

IMG_20131221_112314.jpg

Oh and the chalkboard is as I said just a piece of plywood painted with chalkboard paint from bunnings. From recollection I used two spraycans... a primer and then the chalboard paint all from bunnings. I also nailed some rails across the back with some random wood lying around to make it easier to hang from the wall.

OneEye said:
You can use some empty yeast vials as tap handles and put some labels in them like this...
That is very cool and as Cocko said the grain ones look awesome too.

I have a keg similar to this and want to keg my homebrew can someone link me to a diagram of first up setup please
$_57.JPG

Get that keg on the cheap?
You'll need the right coupler, lines, co2, fridge, tap...

Check out pics on here for a simpler setup

MastersBrewery said:
okay the cheap way http://raspberrypints.com/ and the HBT current thread http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/initial-release-raspberrypints-digital-taplist-solution-456809/ they are currently working on a second release which will include flow meters so you'll be able to tell how much is in each keg
Wow that is a cool setup,got me thinking about how to judge how much beer is left in the kegs of a kegerator without having to open it and check by lifting the kegs and guessing.
Could a digital flow meter be connected to each beer line to help gauge usage ?
Or scales which would measure usage by loss from original wieght .this is " way out there" but with all the electronics being used in HB applications surely someone could come up with an idea.

spog said:
Wow that is a cool setup,got me thinking about how to judge how much beer is left in the kegs of a kegerator without having to open it and check by lifting the kegs and guessing.
Could a digital flow meter be connected to each beer line to help gauge usage ?
Or scales which would measure usage by loss from original wieght .this is " way out there" but with all the electronics being used in HB applications surely someone could come up with an idea.
My only concern with a flow control monitor would be turbulence in the beer line which may cause co2 bubbles out of solution.

Another solution would be ultrasonic sensors which you could possibly mount inside the keg.
http://www.parallax.com/product/28015
or
http://www.open-electronics.org/water-tank-level-display-with-arduino/

Still not ideal though and not sure how well they work at keg pressure.

The weight of keg method would probably be the best option.

Not sure if this shouldt go in Ghetto..

Full Size Party Keg Setup

Willow 1.jpg

PVC pipe (Thanks Dan) and Willo Garbo

Willow 2.jpg

Size and cut to fit, slots cut for stiffeners in bottom of Garbo

Willow 3.jpg

Drilled holes and filled with expandable foam, keep gaffa tape handy to close off holes.

Willow 4.jpg

Keg fits nicely

Lid on, yet to make a "holster for Pluto gun on the side, idea is to then fit this to trolley to be able to take on the move.

Still need to add more foam and trim all the excess, but you get the idea :ph34r:

Attachments

• Willow 5.jpg
    Willow 5.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 62
TidalPete said:
What about a framed whiteboard from Officeworks? Around $10 IIRC.

Another chance to show off my latest bling, :p
TP you are just killing it mate!

Latest posts

Back