Kaixin Pumps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got two and have done about ten brews they work very well the fittings are fine and I'm sure they will run for a long time I have been recircing boiling wort through one for whirlpooling without any problems I clean them out every brew day and use a herms
So I recirculate for the whole mash , transfer to bk and also through the counter flow chiller
Humble up for me as I only paid 60 each from kaixin themselves

That's a good enough endorsement for me!
Many thanks for the replies.

I just had one of my pumps die. It runs fine when you take the cover off and spin up the motor, but doesn't have enough power to start up. I pulled off the power end to find molten ooze out the side of the capacitor. Anyone know where / what to get as a replacement?

Capacitors can do that. Was a huge issue in motherboards a while back.

If you can still distinguish the capacitor rating JCAR or similar store will supply them for a few $.

Bit of soldier and you may be on your way,

Or shoot an email to Jack Gu and ask (through his aliexpress store). My guess is that it would be a 1uF or less.

Check that you have continuity between active neutral before buying capso

lael said:
I just had one of my pumps die. It runs fine when you take the cover off and spin up the motor, but doesn't have enough power to start up. I pulled off the power end to find molten ooze out the side of the capacitor. Anyone know where / what to get as a replacement?
To test a motor use a multi-meter on ohms test from earth to active and earth to neutral. These readings should be over 1 megohm if any lower the motor is rooted. This will not test the insulation so the above test will not be very accurate.
The next thing to test is the windings with multi-meter still on ohms test from active to neutral. This reading should be around 120 ohms or have continuity. Very high and there is no path for the electricity the get to neutral so the motor won't work.

Just bought one of these keg king pumps, I think they are the kaixin re-branded. An interesting point, I emailed keg king about spares just in case, eg impeller and pump head, and they said they have spares and also later in the year will be bringing out a replacement stainless head for the pump! Awesome news, it'll be just like a stainless chugger/march then.

Hpal said:
Just bought one of these keg king pumps, I think they are the kaixin re-branded. An interesting point, I emailed keg king about spares just in case, eg impeller and pump head, and they said they have spares and also later in the year will be bringing out a replacement stainless head for the pump! Awesome news, it'll be just like a stainless chugger/march then.
Yay! No more broken heads for me!

Good news. They had a sample they were testing when I was in on the weekend... so it is happening.... Eventually.

Good news everyone!

Just confirming as per the below photo the upper most 1/2 bsp thread is in the input and the lower one on the left hand side of the pic is the out put for this pump?

image.jpg

nope! centre is input on all of these wort pumps, including chugger and march. if they are inline it is that the take off (for want of a better description) of the input starts at the middle.

MB

Other way around. They're a centrifugal pump, so the way to think about it is everything gets thrown from the middle and out.

My pic on the previous page shows the output broken (plastics have since been upgraded).

Thanks guys, I'm sure I would have worked it out soon enough but just wanted to check. Glad I did.

Latest posts

Back