Kaixin Pumps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just seen this on the ibrew site... SS heads are coming!

http://www.ibrew.com.au/collections/beer-pumps-hoses/products/stainless-steel-head-for-mk11-pump

s.steelpumphead_compact.jpg

Is the MKII a different head to these ones....?ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1430457544.024529.jpg sorry about photo it's of the motor noise suppressor not the pump but is all I have on hand close up.

Haha havent even turned her on yet mate. It's getting the once over tomorrow :)

Yay! Chinese stainless pump heads!!!

(Semi-sarcasm font on - I actually wouldn't mind these even though I've only stripped my kaixin wort pump head once out of curiosity and it was clean as a whistle.)

I just hope the threads are more precise than the originals.

I think the threads on the plastic heads are bspt - which means the stainless bsp seems to easily cut through it and cross-thread them (my experience anyway). I'd be keen for a stainless head. Hopefully it's a reasonable price.

lael said:
I think the threads on the plastic heads are bspt - which means the stainless bsp seems to easily cut through it and cross-thread them (my experience anyway). I'd be keen for a stainless head. Hopefully it's a reasonable price.
Can't you just get female BSPT connectors to match the pump heads?

As noted earlier in this thread, the plastic ones can snap off if you apply to much pressure (ie a bell valve).

The metal on plastic isnt a great combo anyway - very easy for the fittings to come loose when moving hoses around.

lael said:
I think kee said around $30 when I was enquiring about them, but that was last year.

I wouldn't be comfortable having a valve directly on the outlet of the pump anyway, better to have it the other end of your tube or pipe, bit more fluid head to pump against and take some of the water hammer backwards. Magnetic drive or not.

Agree plastic with metal is no good. Kinda glad mine are hose barb type :p

So with KK not getting any pumps in this recent container, and wait time being end of May, if one was to be impatient and want a MKII pump now, are there any sources? iBrew list them as OOS until end-May as well.

Search aliexpress for kaixin pumps. I got two delivered a couple of years ago for less than $120 delivered. I think Jack Wu is your man.

I've seen them as "hot water pump" before too

I've tried to get some more off aliexpress and couldn't. I'm going to guess that keg king made a distributor agreement with them when they started importing them.

Back