Kaixin Pumps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks that is good info that there was a MKI version with slightly different bolt pattern. It appears mine is slightly bigger in diameter than the MKII style. I asked KK if they knew about MKI and if they have any spares still in stock so will see what they come back with. A pump head is less likely to go faulty than an entire pump so it would be a suitable option. Failing that guess I will stick to some silicone hose off the barbs with a male camlock hanging off until the pumps wear out and I can afford some Chuggers, but given how well these two pumps run I doubt that will be for years.

I'll have to check the part numbers on mine DJ and make sure they're not the same as yours. I ordered mine a few years back so may have compatibility issues also. Good work on bringing it to our attention!

If yours are threaded Camo, can you break your motor, give me the pump heads and upgrade yourself??? Cmon you know you wanna ;-)

DJ_L3ThAL said:
A pump head is less likely to go faulty than an entire pump so it would be a suitable option. Failing that guess I will stick to some silicone hose off the barbs with a male camlock hanging off until the pumps wear out and I can afford some Chuggers, but given how well these two pumps run I doubt that will be for years.
The plastic head on the kaxin has been identified as a weak point and easily damaged or broken in use.

I read somewhere, maybe even back in this thread that as Keg King are committed to expanding and improving their range that this was the reason they changed from the MK 1 to their current MK 2 model pump. So they could continue supplying a good quality pump at such a competitive price with the option of upgrading to the more robust SS head for only $40 extra.

takai said:
The KK pumps are a standard Kaixin MP-15. You can get them in a number of colours and 'trim' levels, depending on whether you want BSP or NPT, and i have seen them in black, silver, yellow, green and blue housings. As with any of these items they will be built to spec by a single factory based on orders that come in.

I have two Kaixin pumps, both MkII models. One green from AliExpress and one silver from KK, both fit the KK MkII heads quite happily, and are identical in every way other than the paint/powdercoat on the housing.

As above your pump seems to be a MkI MP15 which had minor changes to the Mk II MP15, including a minor variation in the bolt pattern. If didnt have such a dislike of KK you could ask KK about their MkI heads that they have in stock, and that would be MUCH easier than trying to communicate the same information to a seller that is primarily interested in selling 1000 units at a time.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Thanks that is good info that there was a MKI version with slightly different bolt pattern. It appears mine is slightly bigger in diameter than the MKII style. I asked KK if they knew about MKI and if they have any spares still in stock so will see what they come back with. A pump head is less likely to go faulty than an entire pump so it would be a suitable option. Failing that guess I will stick to some silicone hose off the barbs with a male camlock hanging off until the pumps wear out and I can afford some Chuggers, but given how well these two pumps run I doubt that will be for years.

I heard back from KK today, "Hi, We did have a previous model of our pump but I believe the heads were the same dimensions as the current ones and we haven’t sold these for a couple of years so don’t have any replacement heads for them either unfortunately. Cheers,".

That's contrary to takai's comments that the bolt pattern was different and either way, they don't have parts. Hmmmmm, might just give up at this stage and stick with my camlocks hanging off a bit of silicone tube.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
I heard back from KK today, "Hi, We did have a previous model of our pump but I believe the heads were the same dimensions as the current ones and we haven’t sold these for a couple of years so don’t have any replacement heads for them either unfortunately. Cheers,".

That's contrary to takai's comments that the bolt pattern was different and either way, they don't have parts. Hmmmmm, might just give up at this stage and stick with my camlocks hanging off a bit of silicone tube.
That’s interesting, my pump came from KK in May 2014. I assumed I had the old model as they up dated their catalogue with a new picture and description a few months after that.

In the old catalogue from May 2014 mine is listed as High Temperature Magnetic Drive Polysulfone Pump. It is green looks the same as yours but the model number on the sticker is MP-15RM not MP15 like yours. At the time it was supplied with either 13mm Barb or 1/2” BSP head and didn’t have a plug fitted.

The current KK catalogue lists their pump as MKII - High Temperature Magnetic Drive Polysulfone Pump. It only has 1/2” BSP head listed and comes with a plug fitted.

If KK say they haven’t sold the old model for a couple years does this mean I have the new MKII model and can upgrade to the SS head? Or can I upgrade even if I have the old model?

The KK reply regarding not having replacement heads for the old model does not make sense to me. If they believe the heads on the old model are the same dimensions as the current model then surely the SS heads they stock are a replacement head for both the old and new model!

We did have a previous model of our pump but I believe the heads were the same dimensions as the current ones and we haven’t sold these for a couple of years so don’t have any replacement heads for them either unfortunately

Can takai or someone with the MKII pump post the model number please?

Just to be clear, mine doesn't have a model number. So mine could be a weird special case. The flow specifications fo match an MP-15 though, but that doesnt mean the head is absolutely identical merely suggest it.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Just to be clear, mine doesn't have a model number. So mine could be a weird special case. The flow specifications fo match an MP-15 though, but that doesnt mean the head is absolutely identical merely suggest it.
Ah ok, I can’t read your label clearly and thought you said it was an MP-15, you didn’t you said it had the same spec as the MP-15.

Who did you buy your brew rig/pumps from?

It's basically got everything on the sticker corresponding to am MP-15R except for that model designation. I thought I made that clear in my initial posts? I got my reg off a member here earlier this year so don't have any info on when/how/where they were purchased.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
It's basically got everything on the sticker corresponding to am MP-15R except for that model designation. I thought I made that clear in my initial posts? I got my reg off a member here earlier this year so don't have any info on when/how/where they were purchased.
You did make it clear but like I said I misread your post the first time. I thought I had made that clear in my last post.

Have you tried contacting the person you bought your rig from and asking them where they bought the pump?
You could then contact the retailer that supplied it and see if they can help. It would be amusing if it turned out to be a Keg King pump wouldn’t it? :D

Is this Inception?

Haha, yep will shoot him a msg, didn't wanna hassle as I've asked my fair share of Q's since the purchase, but looks to be the final straw and worst case we all get a laugh about it :)

I think Full pint sell the Stainless steel change over heads for these pumps, maybe they could shed some light on the topic?

They do! That's who I bought my heads from and Andrew kindly returned them. Not sure if anyone actually has the information other than Kaixin themselves or Keg King as FP were not around at the time the older pumps were around it seems.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Is this Inception?

Haha, yep will shoot him a msg, didn't wanna hassle as I've asked my fair share of Q's since the purchase, but looks to be the final straw and worst case we all get a laugh about it :)
Yep. Do let us know what you find out.

This has all been helpful to me. I’m sure I had read somewhere that the old KK pump wasn’t compatible with the new SS head. At least now I know that if I break my pump head I may be able to replace it rather than chuck the pump out and buy a new one.

image.jpg

I bought this from KK the other day it's an older used pump they were selling for 20% less. The base plate has the greeny aqua coloured paint under the silver when I scratched it back, the main housing doesn't seem to have the greeny aqua paint underneath though.
...not sure if this is any help as I only got onto this thread and am not actually sure what the conversation is about

Well, turns out my pumps are in fact the original Keg King pumps with barbed outlets. ROFLCOPTERS.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Well, turns out my pumps are in fact the original Keg King pumps with barbed outlets. ROFLCOPTERS.
[SIZE=11pt]HaHa that is funny. So now the question is, are the Full Pint SS heads the same as the KK SS heads? How sure are KK that the dimensions of their new and old pumps are the same? [/SIZE]

Yep, they were the KK SS heads (labelled KK - refer my photo). I would have to say that the dimensions between the old and new KK pumps are definitely different, first hand evidence.

Hi guys,

Thought I had better chime in on this one! It took us a fair bit of back and fourth to get a a stainless pump head that we were happy with so if you have a pump with non 'standard' bolt pattern you may struggle to find a compatible SS head.

It can be hard to tell from images on the internet so if you think your pump may fit our pump head then I would suggest calling us up and purchasing one and whilst on the phone, explain that you are unsure if it will fit. With this prior knowledge, we would be happy to accept a return in the event that it didn't match. Obviously it would have to be returned in perfect condition for a refund to be given, but this is standard.

Over the years there has only been minor changes to our pump (predominately just colour changes) so if you have any of our older versions the SS pump head will be compatible.

Back