Kaixin Pumps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keg King said:
Hi guys,

Thought I had better chime in on this one! It took us a fair bit of back and fourth to get a a stainless pump head that we were happy with so if you have a pump with non 'standard' bolt pattern you may struggle to find a compatible SS head.

It can be hard to tell from images on the internet so if you think your pump may fit our pump head then I would suggest calling us up and purchasing one and whilst on the phone, explain that you are unsure if it will fit. With this prior knowledge, we would be happy to accept a return in the event that it didn't match. Obviously it would have to be returned in perfect condition for a refund to be given, but this is standard.

Over the years there has only been minor changes to our pump (predominately just colour changes) so if you have any of our older versions the SS pump head will be compatible.
I've been told by the brewer I purchased my rig off that the three barbed green pumps I have were purchased from you at Keg King. It would make sense as there are a fair few other components and SS fittings which are your type.

So why is it that the SS head does not match my pump head? My pump head is slightly larger than your SS heads and the o-ring seal looks to be different as my plastic head has a groove on both head pieces but your SS head is a flat edge.

Attached is the photo with comparison and data plate. Are you able to please advise? Its quite frustrating to not be able to even swap my heads for plastic heads with BSP fittings, would prefer SS but plastic will suffice if I can get BSP connections!

gallery_15839_1147_26320.jpg

I can't remember our pump labels looking like that, this is going back 3 - 4 years so I can't say for certain this isn't our pump but I have a feeling it isn't. As far as I am aware the screw pattern hasn't changed at all.

As many people have said, these pumps are readily available and going back a few years our pricing wasn't as competitive as it is now so maybe he got the pumps on eBay or somewhere similar to save a bit of cash?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but I think the only solution is an upgrade if you really want a SS pump head.

Thanks for the reply. Ive got the backup option for the minute. Seems to hold up well enough.

1445337877685.jpg

Keg King said:
Hi guys,

Thought I had better chime in on this one! It took us a fair bit of back and fourth to get a a stainless pump head that we were happy with so if you have a pump with non 'standard' bolt pattern you may struggle to find a compatible SS head.

It can be hard to tell from images on the internet so if you think your pump may fit our pump head then I would suggest calling us up and purchasing one and whilst on the phone, explain that you are unsure if it will fit. With this prior knowledge, we would be happy to accept a return in the event that it didn't match. Obviously it would have to be returned in perfect condition for a refund to be given, but this is standard.

Over the years there has only been minor changes to our pump (predominately just colour changes) so if you have any of our older versions the SS pump head will be compatible.
It might be easier if you put a scan of the head on your website then anyone thinking of buying one could see if the holes match up.
Something like this.
KAIXIN MP-15RM.jpg

hotmelt said:
It might be easier if you put a scan of the head on your website then anyone thinking of buying one could see if the holes match up.
Something like this.
attachicon.gif
KAIXIN MP-15RM.jpg
Bugger. Looks like my Kaixin might not be compatible either. They're heaps bigger than that... <_<

Or simply the PCD of the pump holes. I wonder whether the PCD is only minimally out between the two heads, but what make it look much greater is the difference in seal design kinking it over on an angle.

Camo6 said:
Bugger. Looks like my Kaixin might not be compatible either. They're heaps bigger than that... <_<
At least you know not to buy that one plus you've saved on postage. :)
Thats the plastic head by the way.
looks like it has to be downloaded then printed for it to match up.

Hi All,
I hope this is a good spot to ask about the MK2's performance.
I'm from the United States and this is my first post on your site. Started looking over on AHB because of a recommendation from a guy on HomeBrewTalk.com. The topic was 4 vessel systems with separate vessel for HEX. Seems your way of thinking differs from 'the standard' thoughts over here. The small vessel EHEX thing, and by the way, after reading all 78 pages on the thread, I agree with your way of seeing it!
So back to the pump....turns out there is now a 120v version of the MK2 available over here. This is something new and there's not much input about it. I've read 100's of posts talking about low cost 12/24 vdc mini pumps of different sorts, and from the guys who tell you to just buy a chugger/march pump, but nothing about the MK2.
Because I don't know CRAP about using a pump at all, I'm asking you all. I would like to use it to brew 5-6 US gal batches (19-23l) on a system with a HEX coil of 20-25 ft (6-7.5m). Single Tier setup (hopefully). Maybe gravity from HLT to MT during modified fly sparge. Is this pump up for that type of work load, and is any existing owners happy with their pumps performance?

Here's a link to the outfit in California that has these for sale: http://www.williamsbrewing.com/MARK-II-WORT-PUMP-P4028.aspx

For half the price of a chugger or march pump seem like I need one...

Thanks for your advise.
Cheers!

If this is not the right spot for this, please move it for me.

do it - great pump. not as much output as a march (don't have a chugger) but can handle hot wort like a champ and is reliable. Get the stainless head if they have it.

WillieP said:
<snip>

Is this pump up for that type of work load, and is any existing owners happy with their pumps performance?

<snip>

I now have two of these, one for mash recirc through a HEX and one for recirculating through kettle and CFC. Both have the stainless steel head upgrades and they both work flawlessly.

As lael mentioned, flow rate not as high as a March, which I have owned, but it is high enough to do what it needs to.

Thank you for your prompt responses.
Good to get input from someone that has actually used these.
I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on one of these. Seems like a sweet deal to me, about half the price of a chugger ($70.00 us and shipping is flat rate $7.00 half way across the US)

I wasn't really able to follow this thread completely, and the names being thrown around meant squat to me. Is this pump made in Australia or elsewhere and has a KegKings label on it? And what does Kaixin mean? Is there anywhere to get a spec sheet on the MKII? I know if I talk about it on the state side forum that's the first question I'll get, (what material is it made from, is it food safe, is it food safe at boiling temps, ect. blaa blaa blaa...)

Sorry for the dumb Yank questions.

Willie P

Colloquially Kaixin has become a de facto name for that particular type of pump, which if you go onto Ali Express you'll find the same pump under many brand names. Keg King is a local importer that designs or just brings in products produced in China.

Email Keg King or iBrew and ask for a spec sheet. I'd guess they might have something. The heads are either polysulfone or SS, food safe and good for temps up to 120C, IIRC.

Edit: And as a former Yank if you call yourself a dumb Yank here you're likely to encourage great creativity in further ways to call you a dumb Yank ;)

Thanks Mardoo
Yes the link I posted also has the SS head for $30.00 US. That's $100.00 US for pump with plastic head and SS head.
From what I've read the reason for the SS head is more for protection from breakage that it is for performance, is that your take on it too?

Cheers,

LOL. My rig is more ghetto than bling bling, but I get your point.
Good thing that Magic SS Pixie Dust isn't required to make you beer taste good, or I'd be screwed.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers,
Willie P

BTW, you really don't need a 7 meter HEX coil for single batches. Good for future proofing once you want to do doubles, but 4 meters and a coil housing with a 3 litre volume (for the separate HEX setup) would be about perfect. Have a look at this thread if you're thinking of designing your own HEX. Turns out a housing and coil of equal volume (think of the coil as a very long cylinder to work out the volume) comes out very well for fast ramp times and low overshoot. At least in the model, but a lot of peoples' experience bears this out. Again, many different systems, all make good beer. How badly do you crave the ideal? ;)

mofox1 said:
Lol. Done that :)
Didn't think I'd be alone. But rich though $40 for a stainless head, the pump brand new was only $70.

Back