Kaixin Pumps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given this fell onto the backburner for me, i just called up KK to find out about the pumps and the stainless head. They are estimating Tuesday or Wednesday next week for the pump, and end of June for the stainless head.

Approx $40 for the head.

I assume I have Kaixin pumps (came with my brew rig), but there is no indication of brand nor model number on my pumps. Attached is a photo of my pump with 1/2" hose barb outlet on the head.

I recently purchased the SS KK replacement heads but as shown, these do not fit and my pumps appear to be slightly smaller. I sadly also damaged one of my impeller fins so am looking for replacement heads with BSP fittings for my male camlocks to suit, plus a replacement impeller. A seller on AliExpress (Ketten Xue of "water treatment of supermarket") quoted me USD$29 shipping and USD$22 per pump head which includes the impeller.... but I can just get a whole KK pump for $70 in Aus, but personally am trying to avoid KK products due to past experiences. Yes I know I can use a short stub of silicone tub to a hose barb-BSP male-BSP female-male camlock and I plan to do this in the interim, but direct threaded fittings would be preferred,

Can anyone confirm the model number of my pump, to me the specs written indicate it is an MP-15? Also does that mean the KK pump heads will ONLY fit the KK style MKII pumps?

gallery_15839_1147_26320.jpg

DJ, sorry can't confirm your pump, I have an MP 15 RM, busted the head a while back and ordered a replacement through KK (black plastic) this fitted like a glove, I note Brewmart have SS heads similar but with no KK inscription I'll check my pump later this week see if spec's line up. BrewMart also have the grey pumps with ss head and plug pre wired. You could always take the head back as it don't fit.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
I assume I have Kaixin pumps (came with my brew rig), but there is no indication of brand nor model number on my pumps. Attached is a photo of my pump with 1/2" hose barb outlet on the head.

I recently purchased the SS KK replacement heads but as shown, these do not fit and my pumps appear to be slightly smaller. I sadly also damaged one of my impeller fins so am looking for replacement heads with BSP fittings for my male camlocks to suit, plus a replacement impeller. A seller on AliExpress (Ketten Xue of "water treatment of supermarket") quoted me USD$29 shipping and USD$22 per pump head which includes the impeller.... but I can just get a whole KK pump for $70 in Aus, but personally am trying to avoid KK products due to past experiences. Yes I know I can use a short stub of silicone tub to a hose barb-BSP male-BSP female-male camlock and I plan to do this in the interim, but direct threaded fittings would be preferred,

Can anyone confirm the model number of my pump, to me the specs written indicate it is an MP-15? Also does that mean the KK pump heads will ONLY fit the KK style MKII pumps?

gallery_15839_1147_26320.jpg
I have Kaxin MP 15RM pumps from Keg King and they’ve been great. Keg King isn’t the only distributor of Kaxin pumps so yours may or may not have come from them.

[SIZE=11pt]As I understand it the SS heads only fit the new model Kaxin pumps and are not compatible with the old model. As you have already bought the SS head I would buy the compatible pump from KK or another distributor if you are not happy dealing with them. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Sorry forgot to say, my Keg King pumps are not marked Kaxin or branded [/SIZE] either.

You could always buy the keg king pump from grain & grape. 10 bucks more expensive from memory though...

I meant I dont want Keg King products, from any supplier if I can avoid, as the products themselves have issues. Just bugs me there are no spare parts for these at a reasonable cost. Paying more than half the pump and motor cost just for the head and impeller is nuts! The pumps I have work great, flow well and super quiet, just be good to have BSP threaded connections...

I'll give you $5 each for the SS heads. Done.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
I meant I dont want Keg King products, from any supplier if I can avoid, as the products themselves have issues. Just bugs me there are no spare parts for these at a reasonable cost. Paying more than half the pump and motor cost just for the head and impeller is nuts! The pumps I have work great, flow well and super quiet, just be good to have BSP threaded connections...
Have you actually asked KK if they still stock replacement plastic threaded heads for your pump? I know you said you don’t want to buy from them if possible but its probably your cheapest easiest option and you were ok buying the SS head from them.

Not sure if you are aware but KK used to stock a barbed and threaded version of the kaxin. Mine looks the same as yours but is threaded not barbed.

No I havent, but not too confident as the SS would be the same bolt pattern and size and it does not fit mine by a tiny bit. The AliExpress dimensions dont show any difference between the threaded and barbed heads in terms of bolt holes. Am thinking mine is not a Kaixin and possibly some other unknown brand variant?

DJ_L3ThAL said:
No I havent, but not too confident as the SS would be the same bolt pattern and size and it does not fit mine by a tiny bit. The AliExpress dimensions dont show any difference between the threaded and barbed heads in terms of bolt holes. Am thinking mine is not a Kaixin and possibly some other unknown brand variant?
I honestly think you’re better off calling KK explain their SS head doesn’t fit your pump, give them your model number and ask if they stock a replacement. Sorry I can’t be more helpful than that. :)

Thanks for your advice, issue is I don't have a model number on my pump, only flow/power/performance specs as mentioned above and shown in the photo. They match an MP-15... but if it is meant to be the same pump head as a KK pump but doesn't match mine, only logical explanation is that mine is not actually an MP-15. Hoping someone has come across this themselves and has any ideas?

DJ_L3ThAL said:
So you are happy to have a Kaixin pump, but not a Kaixin pump with a Keg King sticker.... that makes no sense.

Thanks for clarifying my decision making for me. I have had multiple issues with KK products, I'm not here to bash their brand, simply negating the need for the easy comment to my question of "just buy a Keg King pump". The KK pumps are actually a different pump housing to Kaixin, they are also completely different colour suggesting a different make/production run, whether it be different internally or not I don't know, don't think anyone actually knows if the motor windings are the same etc.

My pumps work fine, I actually have these on my brew rig and I am happy with them. Getting new ones for the sake of it and risking failure is not an option I wish to take. I have a less desirable easy "out" by running camlocks off some silicone hose but that is a clunky solution.

I'm asking for advice if anyone knows what model pump I actually have, if there were other models earlier (which SE suggested above) and what were they, therefore I can speak with the AliExpress guys to try and find some reasonably priced threaded pump heads. If you don't have that advice then no need to comment, thanks.

The KK pumps are a standard Kaixin MP-15. You can get them in a number of colours and 'trim' levels, depending on whether you want BSP or NPT, and i have seen them in black, silver, yellow, green and blue housings. As with any of these items they will be built to spec by a single factory based on orders that come in.

I have two Kaixin pumps, both MkII models. One green from AliExpress and one silver from KK, both fit the KK MkII heads quite happily, and are identical in every way other than the paint/powdercoat on the housing.

As above your pump seems to be a MkI MP15 which had minor changes to the Mk II MP15, including a minor variation in the bolt pattern. If didnt have such a dislike of KK you could ask KK about their MkI heads that they have in stock, and that would be MUCH easier than trying to communicate the same information to a seller that is primarily interested in selling 1000 units at a time.

Back