Just Juice 2l - Apple Juice - 3 For $5 @ Coles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XavierZ

Reaction score
Second verse, same as the first: Just Juice 2L - Apple Juice - 3 for $5 @ Coles

Happy Cider Brewing.

Is there anywhere that sells the concentrate that comes in 200L plastic lined drum from south america or else where that is mixed here and sold in shops as local and inported

I got some at woolies - 3L for $3, but that was a couple of weeks ago. I don't think just juice do it though.

Woolies has Berri Apple and Pear 2.4 Litre on special at 2 for $6.

6 Just Juice Apple Juice from Coles @ $10 = 12L

+

4 Berri Apple and Pear Juice from Woolies @ $12 = 9.6L

= 21.6L of very yummy cider for the low low cost of $22 + yeast

Should mean a clean 20L in your keg after losses. Bam.

This may be a time for me to finally give the Proculture cider yeast a spin.. anyone tried it?

This may be a time for me to finally give the Proculture cider yeast a spin.. anyone tried it?

Hi mate,
I have a my second ever batch of cider CC'ing with Proculture Cider Yeast after having great success with the first batch with this yeast. I can't comment on how it fairs against other yeasts as a comparison but I used all Apple Pear Just Juices (can't remember the percentages) and 500 grams of LDME and found it to be dry but not excessively which seems to be a common issue when using US05 etc.
I'll probably pop this in the Keg this weekend and am looking forward to the finished product :chug:

Hi all just curious could i use an old coopers sachet for this and do you prime bottles the same as you would with HB.
Cheers

Use at least 2 sachets (only 7g each) and some yeast nutrient, ferment cool as the yeast will allow and prime as you would beer according to personal taste.

Which coopers kits are they from? I believe there is a difference which will infuence how cool you can go.

I'm pretty sure both those sachets use the same yeast anyway. Go for it!

Make sure you keep it cool.

Somewhere on the coopers forum they talk about which yeast goes with which kit but I reckon try around 16 degrees. If you get no joy (and I mean 'no' not 'slow' - slow fermenting cider is better in my experience and the experience of many traditional cidermakers) then bump it up to 18-20.

I normally use white wine yeasts or cider yeast and aim for about 14. If you have any lager yeasts and good temp control you could try even lower. It will be dry (I like dry cider).

Sorry Pumpy,

Only Apple or Orange Juice.
To be truly honest, I've never actually seen Apple&Pear Juice.

XZ They do Apple & Pear it probabably seasonally , Strongbow is 60/40 Apple and pear juice .

But Hell its a great price going to get some my misus loves cider .

Pumpy :)

So long as it's preservative free go for it. Good price. My last batch is aldi juice and it's worked a treat. Certain don't pay full price for juice for cider.

Ps cider with 100% Brett C is fkn tart :beerbang: highly reccomended

XZ They do Apple & Pear it probabably seasonally , Strongbow is 60/40 Apple and pear juice .

But Hell its a great price going to get some my misus loves cider .

Pumpy :)

I'll have to keep an eye out for the A&P.
Went up to Coles about 2 hours after I posted this, and the entire Apple range was cleaned out. :eek:
All there was left was Orange Juice :angry:

As for the Yeast conversation, I've made a yeast starter with apple juice, nutrient and Vintner's Harvest SN9.
Apparently it's a great allrounder wine yeast for good for stuck fermentations too.
Vintner's Harvest - Yeast .PDF

I've never made cider. What ABV% would pure juice give you? I was talking to a ciderist when I was in Wellington and he says that the juice/pulp they use would give a similar ABV to a white wine.

Store bought will be generally around 1050-1060 OG Bribie, although different juices will vary and fresh squeezed will depend greatly on apple variety. Annie Proux talks about 10%av being quite easily reached from memory.

The abv then obviously depends on yeast choice and ferment schedule - I ferment down to completion with cider and wine yeasts which get between 1000 and 998.

So how do Mercury or Bulmers get a medium sweet cider at 5% ABV, do they just kill the fermentation then filter and pasteurise?

Pasteurise, sulphites etc.

There are methods of getting sweet still and sparkling cider, including keeving, bottle pasteurisation and racking many, many times. I've not done any of them so can't comment specifally about them. Also some yeasts will attenuate less than white wine yeasts which will leave a bit of residual.

I think US05 will attenuate less but don't quote me.

Latest posts

Back