International hotel, Spring Hill, Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
Anyone been to the International Brewpub (the old Cheers)recently? I used to go there for Saturday lunchs with Stillscottish a few years back when they had rediculiously cheap King Island steaks for lunch and $5 pints. My work is moving to within 2 block of it (and I expect it'll be a better option than the Sporty for a drink).

I went there in late September. They still have the house pints that are pretty cheap ($5.50 or $6.00 from memory). The Geranimo is the nicest IMHO, but stick to the Belgian gold if you're driving.
I think I had some sort of scallop pizza. Nice.

Was there not long ago. $5.50 pints. Gold was ok bit too much POR for me. Red Ale was good. No Geronimo on though. Good value but no atmosphere, just old dudes drinking and punting.

WSC said:
Good value but no atmosphere, just old dudes drinking and punting.
Sounds like a good old school bar. Hard to find these days.

Off-topic but the little Japanese place opposite is tops. Go there for lunch every Friday. Main with rice, sushi and soup for about $11.

I work in the building right next to the Sportsmans Hotel. Some very interesting sights outside there when leaving late in the evening I can tell you! :blink:

I hope for you lot that they get the Geronimo back. It's at the front of the bar as you walk in, not the taps at the rear. You do realise it's 7.5% ABV...

I nipped up from Central on the Loop bus last Thursday & am happy to report that Geronimo is alive & well at $8 a pint Bribie.
IIRC all 4 craft beers at the back (Irish Red, Belgian Wit, etc) were being offered for $10 a jug as well as $8 a pint.
That should make you happy Winkle. :D

Last time I was there I got chatting about alcoholism and dementia with an old soak who lived in a gentlemen's hostel nearby. Said he spends pretty much every opening hour there and every dollar he has on Geronimo.

King Brown Brewing said:
I would have thought you would fit right in at the 'Sporty Winkle.......
Ahem, thats good coming from the guy with the Gimp mask IPA :p

When I was there I would sit out front on the benches at the footpath watching the world go by and waiting for Tidal Pete to turn up - once saw an ancient guy and his dog with his Courier Mail under his arm on the way home from the shops, he was in pyjamas and dressing gown. Obviously didn't give a shite, and why should he? :lol:

Back