Brisbane Refuseniks Get Together?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I note that there are a lot of Brisbane AHB members who post regularly, but aren't in BABBs or another club - either can't get there due to location or circumstances, or have no desire to be in a formal club. Can't always get to brew days whatever. But wouldn't mind a bit of a meet up and a drink.

Anyone interested in a meet up say International Hotel Spring Hill for a few pints ... suggest lunchtime Sunday 10 July, have a snack at pub or not depending on your state of hunger, slurp a few pints of Rudy's Irish Red etc and put face to name?

Just floating idea, if there's some response then we can go firm :rolleyes: on the idea.

Edit: or if response is more Southside then Archive / Brewhouse ??

Important edit: BABBs etc members welcome as well, naturally. I just invited myself and I said OK :icon_cheers:

Sounds good.Anywhere near a railway station does me.
Gotta check my calendar.
wombil.

Hi, definitely interested, but probably more of a Procrastanik. Meant to head into BABBs for about the last 3 months but either didn't work out schedule wise, or didn't have a beer I thought was worth the drive in from north of Ipswich to share. Keep saying "Next month"...

Lunchtime right after the case swap, guess there won't be many of the usual suspects attending, at least I know I won't. But I guess that's not the purpose of your idea anyway, so it might work out quite well that way. Good idea anyway, have noticed that there are quite a few Brissy guys lately that I haven't met yet.

+1 to that. I'll be struggling with a breakfast stout about then :eek: .

+1 to that. I'll be struggling with a breakfast stout about then :eek: .

Don't think so.
Great idea though Bribie, timing is just a bit off.

hangover.jpg

Yes the idea is more WRT the local AHBers who don't currently participate in club meetings or case swaps but wouldn't mind a get together. Following weekend I'm working, then the weekend after that is the BABBs comp judging.

I note that there are a lot of Brisbane AHB members who post regularly, but aren't in BABBs or another club

actually i did want to come to this months meet, also had a nice beer to share. i saw the post this week it was like
2 days notice before the meet, as im not on here every day i missed it. the international use to be my local, i'll pencil it in.

Yes the idea is more WRT the local AHBers who don't currently participate in club meetings or case swaps but wouldn't mind a get together. Following weekend I'm working, then the weekend after that is the BABBs comp judging.

So your not attending the swap?
You know there's the Nun of shame?

Latest posts

Back