I'm new and this may be a dumb question!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
headfreak said:
It's okay guys, I'm pretty sure OP has gone by now.
Probable right
His now thinking homebrewing is sounding way too dangerous and decided it much safer to just stick to his original hobby of 'Duck shooting' :unsure: .

:p

Does this mean he wont be posting picks of his water proof container when it blowns up?

Thanks for pointing those posts out Bum. I still fail to see how any of them add up to a death threat or single out anyones non sarcastic, totally sincere wishes that the fella dies, but hey, don't let that get in the way of a good story.

Or rhetoric.

I'm not surprised you were driven away from another forum. What surprises me is that people including me even bother to reply to your rubbish.

He's dead man, let it go.

images.jpg

There's no way he's dead, Liam,
He clearly stated he was using PET bottles.

with the upcoming election, no one vote for the shooters party

How can you claim to have a "good understanding" of how things work, when your opening gambit was:

Can someone tell me why we need to keep brew in the fermenter for 7-10 days?

There's a number of reasons why your idea is stupid, even if you think it is revolutionary.

I have no wish to see you die or injured from exploding bits but even if your bits specifically don't, you are creating an unknown amount of gas within a container and run the risk of it exploding. People have seen it happen, have cut themselves, seen bits of glass embedded in fingers, ceilings, etc. Hell a guy died recently from a plastic keg exploding near him so don't get too uppity and don't think you are inventing the wheel for the fifteenth time. Gas inside container that can't take gas =??

IF, IF IF your bottles don't explode, there are a number of other reasons as to why your method is unlikely to make good beer and I'm not quite sure where the advantage is.

So - long way away from you so I can't drop in but I'm happy not to be the keyboard warrior guy and discuss with you why I don't think, in my experience, it will result in good beer and why ultimately it's not a fantastic idea. It's not purely people making stuff up.

lilmacca30 said:
someone will still come up with a negative comment with what im doing or putting my address online.
Mate, they're both pretty silly things to do and show a significant misunderstanding of the technologies at hand.

For the record. I wish Darwin were allowed unrestricted access. Today is proof of do gooders doing harm.

practicalfool said:
For the record. I wish Darwin were allowed unrestricted access. Today is proof of do gooders doing harm.
:ph34r: Not sure if talking about thread... or election. :ph34r:

Can't be. There is no evidence of anyone having tried to "do good" yesterday.

bum said:
Can't be. There is no evidence of anyone having tried to "do good" yesterday.
Bloody Lefty. B)

Its good to test the limits, but make sure your safe about it fella. if the pressure tested vessel is airtight, and you have excessive pressure in the bottles, the drop in pressure found in the main container when you open the lid may cause the bottles to burst.

The other part of your OP was true though. I borrowed a new coopers fermenter off a mate today to bulk prime a batch and the tap is excessively high. 5L above the bottom. i know you can tip them - and thats what i'll have to do, but it seems like a bit of a design flaw.

manticle said:
There's a number of reasons why your idea is stupid, even if you think it is revolutionary.

I have no wish to see you die or injured from exploding bits but even if your bits specifically don't, you are creating an unknown amount of gas within a container and run the risk of it exploding. People have seen it happen, have cut themselves, seen bits of glass embedded in fingers, ceilings, etc. Hell a guy died recently from a plastic keg exploding near him so don't get too uppity and don't think you are inventing the wheel for the fifteenth time. Gas inside container that can't take gas =??

IF, IF IF your bottles don't explode, there are a number of other reasons as to why your method is unlikely to make good beer and I'm not quite sure where the advantage is.

So - long way away from you so I can't drop in but I'm happy not to be the keyboard warrior guy and discuss with you why I don't think, in my experience, it will result in good beer and why ultimately it's not a fantastic idea. It's not purely people making stuff up.
Well said, Manticle.
@Lilmacca30, it's an internet forum. Post a dumb question and you HAVE to expect a bit of flaming. Some of us here are a twisted bunch, but I'm pretty sure the majority don't exactly wish any harm on you... but hey, take a vid and stick it up on youtube if you survive.
There's nothing wrong with experimenting with different flavours and brewing methods, but when you're doing something that can be potentially fatal? Everyone here has basically said "dude that's pretty effing dumb. Don't do it".

I've been present in the garage when 2 glass bottles have exploded, one when I was actually labelling that batch. Glass shrapnel everywhere. Luckily I had an old camping mat wrapped around the crates.
It is scary as ****... not to mention the job of degassing the rest of them. Wearing all my old work PPE...
Look up the thread on Bottle bombs.
I honestly hope this experiment is safe away from partners, kids or pets. What would you do it it went bang on them?

Posting your address online is also not a wise thing to do.

Just ordered some pizzas to your house Jordan, cash on delivery. Hope you like anchovies!

Latest posts

Back