I'm new and this may be a dumb question!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jaypes said:
Place your bets, odds are:

2-1 7 days or less
50-1 7 days or more

And remember there are no dumb questions, just dumb people
I'll have $1000 on each of your options.

This has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen related to brewing. You don't have to be a rocket surgeon to figure out if you bottle a brew two days into the ferment and then add MORE sugar, the bottles are gonna be blown into next week.

Stupid is as stupid does, I guess... :rolleyes:

An engineer at work who started brewing told me how he was making low alcohol beers by bottling early. I tried telling him that wasn't right, but everyone knows you cannot correct an engineer. Asked him a month or so later how it was all going, only to be snapped at "Ï don't do that anymore!"
Think I said the wrong thing.

Gotta say I don't have great respect for my ilk (engineers). Most I studied with were impractical morons. Situation barely improves in RL outside uni. There have been a few gems I've come across though that could beat the arse of a mechanic any day 10 times over. Makes up for it a bit.

Khellendros13 said:
Not even Mythbusters would bother with this experiment. The result is a forgone conclusion.
Not even if there were guaranteed explosions??

Camo6 said:
Sometimes you just need to let nature run its course.
Darwin would be proud of you!

bum said:
I'm gonna say the same thing as everyone else again but wrap it in a death threat.

Because I'm helping.
I thought I'd already done that - or are you suggesting that it would be better in the long-run just to top the bloke & save him from his own stupidity?

Pickaxe said:
I just brewed you, and this is crazy, bottled you early, get stitches maybe...
Stitches in the hands, face, chest, neighbour's dog.....?

Experimenting and bottling early as you suggest could be dangerous and may even kill you! When you're dead, you don't know you're dead............. much like being stupid!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a wheel.......... examine it closely.......... possibly there are some remaining edges which could be removed to make it more round :blink:

I'm kidding, sincerely hope you are!!!!!

Screwy

I think he's safe, suggesting such a silly experiment and because his post indicates as such I doubt he's been clever enough to even put yeast in the brew in the first place....

*adds another identical comment to the previous comments in this thread to boost post count*

slcmorro said:
*adds another identical comment to the previous comments in this thread to boost post count*
You forgot to tell him he deserves to die.

bum said:
You forgot to tell him he deserves to die.
Ooer! That's a bit harsh!

Everyone deserves to learn the error of their ways, whether it results in death or disembowelment as a result is the learning-experience for us all.

You seem to have this extraordinary ability to glean statements from words that simply don't spell out such things.

slcmorro said:
You seem to have this extraordinary ability to glean statements from words that simply don't spell out such things.
Are you talking about "Bum"'s comment?

Well, I got it - didn't you??

Yes. I didn't see anyone say that the bloke 'deserves to die', never and not once. That's a bit dramatic. Just that he's a fool, and that if he chooses to ignore the advice and plough ahead, suffer the potential hazardous consequences.

I have copyright on fools. Mention it again and I'll report you for slander.

For slcmorro's benefit:

MartinOC said:
Have nominations for the Darwin Award closed for the year??

practicalfool said:
Maybe euthanasia should be made legal.

jaypes said:
better still, fit a blow off hose to the exhaust and pipe the other end into the car.

sit in the car with all windows up and rev the clappers out of it.

Just to see what happens of course

Back