I want to get elected!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YoungOne said:
Most hunting rifles of a consequential calibre can be shot once or twice and then need to cool down for a good 30 minutes before you can shoot them again. In that time everyone else would have clobbered you.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We should ban shovels. You could dig a hole and bury someone after you belted them with it.

YoungOne said:
Most hunting rifles of a consequential calibre can be shot once or twice and then need to cool down for a good 30 minutes before you can shoot them again.
Umm...

slcmorro said:
Heavy barrells are different. But sporter barrels are thin and lightweight - because they're intended to be carried with other gear for hours at a time. They heat up quickly.

YoungOne said:
Heavy barrells are different. But sporter barrels are thin and lightweight - because they're intended to be carried with other gear for hours at a time. They heat up quickly.
So what are you calling a heavy barrel, anything over .308? And how can it be a hunting rifle if you only shoot off one or 2 rounds every 1/2 hour. A 22/250 is regarded as a nice light rifle. At least the Roos will be safe with your hunting rifle.

Can we get an IP check up in this bitch?

bradsbrew said:
So what are you calling a heavy barrel, anything over .308?
No. A heavy barrel as in a heavy barrel, not calibre.
But yes, my friends 30-06 can fire 2-3 rounds before it is hot to the touch.

Can I ask, what is the difference between a copper walking around with his or her sidearm in public, to me locking my shotgun and rifle away in a safe, having them registered and sighted, and transporting them in a safe and legal manner to and from the areas in which I hunt/sport shoot legally?

I mean, both of us are licensed to carry and have passed the relevant background checks. Both of us are carrying for a specific purpose. Both of us (and let's not go into the 'who's more likely' debate here) are able to use our firearms for unlawful purposes whenever we choose. Why does Joe Public have a problem with me owning and using firearms in the legal, safe manner for which I purchased them, but can accept that another person wearing a uniform with an insignia on it can carry in the street?

But it's completely impractical for me to take out a single person who I want not to be alive with a .223 bolt action, lets say hypothetically I sourced illegally from someone who stole it from a licensed owner? There's been a bit of that (theft, not me making c*nts dead) happening down here lately.
Edit, the above was in reply to young one, not the above. I'm sure the obvious holes in that argument will be pointed out by others shortly. I gotta go get the kayak on the ute so I can remove some invasive species (trout) from our waters tomorrow.

Slc, the cop needs that gun because of the fact there are people out there with guns and to protect the 'gun-less' we put some people on a payroll, with training and purpose. They have a requirement to be able to subdue criminals. What criminals are you 'required' to subdue? All you want is a hunting weapon. That's your pleasure, but it does open up those potent weapons to misuse. And again, there was no requirement for you to own that gun in the first place, unlike the cops.

bum said:
How stupid are you, exactly?
bum said:
bum said:
Can we get an IP check up in this bitch?
ugh, you're just a bully. There's a great irony in Greenies preaching about tolerance whilst seething like the face of death himself, so much hate do they have.
I'm very sorry for whatever has happened to you in your life, but you don't need to vent it on me dude.

Why are you talking about hunting rifles though? The suggested ban is on handguns isn' it?
I'm on a phone so that limits my responses - I'd like to come back and respond to some of your points though YO.

YoungOne said:
I'm very sorry for whatever has happened to you in your life, but you don't need to vent it on me dude.
Sure I do. You're a fake account and don't deserve to be treated like a real person. This is endlessly dreary.

As an aside, why do you infer that I am a "Greenie"?

bum said:
As an aside, why do you infer that I am a "Greenie"?
Because Labor and the Liberals are, broadly, pro-shooting, although for different reasons.
You're clearly not conservative.
So broadly, you're either fascist or within the Greenleft sphere.

And I'm guessing SE Melbourne means inner city Melbourne, like Richmond - that notorious Greenie stronghold characterised by tight jeans and self-deception.

Actually bum is closer to frankston but let's not make broad assumptions based on where people are able to rent/buy/set up a tent

Latest posts

Back