How To Make Great Cider. Easily.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TimT said:
As to the boiling/not boiling thing, well, I cold steeped the rhubarb for a few days, then got sick of waiting for the rhubarb flavour to leech out into the water so I boiled the lot for pretty much instant flavour! (Then, um, left it for another day or so to cool down).
No-chill rhubarb wine? The new sensation.

Bumpy: after a few weeks of trying various apple flavourings such as Sodastream, I'm getting great results from Bickfords Cloudy Apple Cordial used with just plain ALDI cider (plus malic acid, plus yeast nutrient), just a splash in the glass.

Bribie G said:
I'm getting great results from Bickfords Cloudy Apple Cordial
Makes great sense, I use Bickfords Ginger Beer cordial for ginger beer, excellent addition.
Cheers

I've just bought myself some Malic Acid. My 1st Aldi Cider has been happily fizzing away for a couple of days 1.040 - 1.030. When should I be looking at adding the Malic Acid and yeast nutrient?

Cheers

Trev

I'd be throwing the nutrient in before you pitch the yeast. the yeast needs the nutrient to reproduce.

The malic acid.. wait till its done then dose it carefully. Add a little taste, add more if needed. Its easy to overdo.

Airgead said:
I'd be throwing the nutrient in before you pitch the yeast. the yeast needs the nutrient to reproduce.

The malic acid.. wait till its done then dose it carefully. Add a little taste, add more if needed. Its easy to overdo.
I missed the boat with the yeast nutrient so I just added 1/2t now. It's fizzing like crazy. I'll hold off on the malic acid

Cheers

Latest posts

Back