• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

How to get started in Cider. The definitive(ish) guide to beginner&#39

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Johngee

Reaction score
I've just joined up and have been doing some research this morning re: sweetness.
An American guy put extra suger in 2nd fermentation for a short period and then placed into hot water to kill the yeast thereby retaining the sweetness.
Has anyone tried this?

Also, I see that lots mention raw/brown sugar - my research from today said to only use white sugar?

Looking for thoughts/opinions - thnx

Grmblz

Reaction score
I've just joined up and have been doing some research this morning re: sweetness.
An American guy put extra suger in 2nd fermentation for a short period and then placed into hot water to kill the yeast thereby retaining the sweetness.
Has anyone tried this?

Also, I see that lots mention raw/brown sugar - my research from today said to only use white sugar?

See #19 page one, until you have experienced bottle bombs you have no idea just how dangerous they are.

golfandbrew

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this?

If you want more sweetness why not just add some sugar after you have poured your cider into a glass. Works for your coffee, no reason it shouldn't work for your cider.

golfandbrew

Reaction score
If you want more sweetness why not just add some sugar after you have poured your cider into a glass. Works for your coffee, no reason it shouldn't work for your cider.

Latest posts